Poll ended at Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:46 pm

* Patriots
27%
* Falcons
73%

Total votes: 11
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

this has the potential to be a pretty high scoring and competitive game (so watch it end up 13 -10 or something)

I have no dog in this fight so just want it to be a good game

Falcons winning would be cool as it would be their first ring

Patriots winning would be cool to see how the trophy presentation goes

I'd like this to be the first overtime Super Bowl ... 42-42 at end of regulation like an Arena League game
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

I don't care who wins really. I'll probably quietly root for the Falcons but won't be upset if the Pats win.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i live in new england, and new england sports talk radio is literally the worst. if the pats lose they will eat themselves alive. SHOULDA PUT IN GAROPPOLO.

Falcons over Patriots
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

I just couldn't stand another Patriots win. Go Falcons.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I will go with a Pats W. Don't care who wins. I want a good game, funny commercials and for my food to turn out good. I just think Belicheck with two weeks will have the Falcons number.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Still two weeks out from the game and it quickly has a Colts-Saints feel to it where the Patriots are the overwhelming favorite, and no one on paper is giving the new team on the Super Bowl block a chance to win.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
UOK
Site Admin

If Brady gets sacked, Falcons win. If Ryan gets sacked, Falcons probably still win.

If Brady gets untouched, Pats win.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Shea McClellin and Martellus Bennett could win Super Bowl rings.
wab
Mod

RING4CHI wrote:Shea McClellin and Martellus Bennett could win Super Bowl rings.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Shea is just a piece. he gets about 30 snaps a game, contributes some, big deal. What is worse IMO is when people talk of Trent Dilfer being a starting QB on a Super Bowl winning team.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Shea is just a piece. he gets about 30 snaps a game, contributes some, big deal. What is worse IMO is when people talk of Trent Dilfer being a starting QB on a Super Bowl winning team.

well he was

the fact he played a very minor role in the Ratbirds winning that Super Bowl is a point of discussion ... essentially, he was brought in to simply not screw things up for the defense, which was something Tony Banks, who was the starter at the beginning of that season, could not accomplish

Dilfer simply not screwing up does not qualify him for any sort of special accolade from that particular team, in fact he became the first starting QB to be cut after winning a Super Bowl ... but his not screwing up talent should not be dismissed as trivial ... many Bears QB's could not measure up to his standards in that regard
George Carlin
Mr_Vazquez
Rookie

If Shanahan's offense gets put out to pasture. Do you guys still think 49'rs are gonna be so willing to give him the keys?
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i dont think they have a choice at this point.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Shea is just a piece. he gets about 30 snaps a game, contributes some, big deal. What is worse IMO is when people talk of Trent Dilfer being a starting QB on a Super Bowl winning team.
Let's be real, had the Bears beaten the Colts, Rex Grossman would've been grouped in with Trent Dilfer because the make up of the '00 Ravens and '06 Bears was very similar. But we would've defended Grossman to death because the Bears had won.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RING4CHI wrote:
Let's be real, had the Bears beaten the Colts, Rex Grossman would've been grouped in with Trent Dilfer because the make up of the '00 Ravens and '06 Bears was very similar. But we would've defended Grossman to death because the Bears had won.

instead we are left to despise Grossman because he was a key contributor to the loss ... and idiot boy Turner who's idea of a gameplan was to allow Grossman to be in that spot

Grossman's efforts are an indicator of what I was referring to earlier ... his inability to avoid major screwups make him less of a QB than Dilfer
George Carlin
CRM 114
Journeyman

Mr_Vazquez wrote:If Shanahan's offense gets put out to pasture. Do you guys still think 49'rs are gonna be so willing to give him the keys?
Yes. San Francisco isn't going to want to restart the process of looking for a new coach, especially considering how late it is already.
CRM 114
Journeyman

Either Phil Emery or Martellus Bennett and Shea will win a super bowl. Just another punch in the gut to us Bears fans.
UOK
Site Admin

CRM 114 wrote:Either Phil Emery or Martellus Bennett and Shea will win a super bowl. Just another punch in the gut to us Bears fans.
Eh, doesn't bother me. Emery's basically back to being a scout, Bennett is depth and still a mouth-running jagoff, and Shea is a utilitarian guy who doesn't impact things.

They're all in lesser roles playing bit parts in the tales of two teams that have some of the best QBs in the business.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

RustyTrombone wrote:i live in new england, and new england sports talk radio is literally the worst. if the pats lose they will eat themselves alive. SHOULDA PUT IN GAROPPOLO.

Falcons over Patriots
Woooooooo
wab
Mod

Anyone that says the Bears should draft a safety at #3 need only watch this Super Bowl.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Lol
Mr_Vazquez
Rookie

My wife said that she feels like Trump just won again. I told her that I think this is worst. Good game, though.
UOK
Site Admin

It's nowhere near as bad as Trump winning.

It's a fucking football game. The Pats win all the time. I think it's personally pretty incredible.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Mr_Vazquez wrote:My wife said that she feels like Trump just won again. I told her that I think this is worst. Good game, though.
UOK edit: Let's not go there, please.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i will forever be pissed about the falcons not running it when they were in field goal range.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Awesome game. Starting rooting for the Pats when they were down 28-3. Knew with Brady it wasn't over. He is THE FUCKING STUD of all time.
UOK
Site Admin

[video][/video]
wab
Mod

Love the dude or hate him, he's the GOAT.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

that was a wild assed game ... I think Blank jinxed the Falcons by doing the Jerry Jones stroll to the sideline before the game was over ... was funny watching his little trophy wife staring at him so if she knew whether to cheer or not

that 4th quarter was an utter disaster for the Falcons ... was pure suicide giving Brady and friends multiple additional chances

that catch by the Ewok on the tying drive was incredible ... more incredible was the officials getting the call correct at the time it happened

[video][/video]
George Carlin
wab
Mod

That's what happens when the defense is on the field too long.