Adrian Peterson designated for return from IR

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Adrian Peterson designated for return from IR, will practice with the Vikings this week
Adrian Peterson was targeting a mid-December return to the Minnesota Vikings from a torn meniscus, as long as the team was still in playoff contention. The Vikings have announced that Peterson is officially designated to return from injured reserve, and the team confirmed he would return to practice on Wednesday.

Peterson said during a radio interview with D.J. Skee on Dash Radio Monday that he was going to return to practice with the Vikings this week.

“I plan on practicing this week to really get my legs under me and get a good feel on where I’m at,” Peterson said. “So, this week is going to be big for me. My plan, and my vision, is to be back for the Green Bay game [on Dec. 24]. That’s what I’m envisioning.”

Each team is permitted to designate one player for return from injured reserve. The player can practice with the team for a maximum of 21 days before being activated for a game. Peterson’s plan to come back for the Week 16 matchup with Green Bay fits those parameters.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin