I fucking hate Tom fucking Brady.

Hate him.

But God damnit, he's the GOAT.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
UOK
Site Admin

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:That's what happens when the defense is on the field too long.
look at this shit

bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Maybe he'll retire now
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Doubt it. I mean it is not like he has a hot wife and kids to spend time with.

Oh wait, he does, but he still isn't retiring.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I don't see how he retires. Patriots are primed for yet another run, and that would put cement on the cement Brady poured last night of being the most decorated QB ever. The way the NFL is now, it will be near impossible for a QB to ever win 5 rings to match Brady. Win a sixth, and he raises that pedestal he's already on above everybody else.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RING4CHI wrote:I don't see how he retires. Patriots are primed for yet another run, and that would put cement on the cement Brady poured last night of being the most decorated QB ever. The way the NFL is now, it will be near impossible for a QB to ever win 5 rings to match Brady. Win a sixth, and he raises that pedestal he's already on above everybody else.

I fully expect the Patriots to reload in whatever weak areas they may have and be back in the Super Bowl next year for Brady to get his 6th

whether or not he gets his 6th does not in any way diminish that he is the GOAT in my opinion
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Tom Brady says James White deserves his MVP truck
Patriots running back James White’s got to go to Disney World, and he’s probably getting something new to drive when he gets home.

Via Mike Reiss of ESPN.com, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady suggested he plans to give the truck that comes along with his Super Bowl MVP trophy to White, just as he did with Malcolm Butler two years ago.

“I think James White deserves it,” Brady said Monday.

White might have deserved the trophy Brady was holding as well, after setting Super Bowl records with 20 points scored (three touchdowns and a two-point conversion) and with 14 receptions, and the small matter of capping the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history with his overtime touchdown run.

“He just does everything right, and you can never get mad at him,” Brady said of White. “Even when he doesn’t make the play, he feels worse about it than you do. He’s just the best teammate, an incredible player and has been that way since he really assumed that big role when Dion [Lewis] got hurt [in November 2015]. I’m so proud of everything he’s accomplished. I’ve seen him grow up as a rookie, to working his tail off and becoming a big factor in all these games. . . .

“It was a great performance by him when we needed it most on the biggest stage, and he really came through for us.”
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Edelman on catch: '70 percent luck, 30 percent skill'
Two days later, it's still hard to believe it actually happened. That the New England Patriots stormed back from 25 points down to win their fifth Super Bowl; that Tom Brady threw for a Super Bowl-record 466 yards and secured his fourth MVP; and that Julian Edelman made that catch.

The Edelman Catch, or Ankle Catch, or Edel-Catch, or (insert clever name here) is still hard to comprehend, just from a physics standpoint, less than 48 hours after the wideout secured the impossible grab on New England's game-tying drive. Even Edelman had to concede that he was not entirely responsible for the miracle snag.

Edelman, flanked by coach Bill Belichick on The Tonight Show, told Jimmy Fallon on Monday that the catch, deflected by numerous Falcons and propped up by an errant leg, was "70 percent luck, 30 percent skill."

"After it all happened, I was kind of disappointed in my route, I'm not going to lie," Edelman said. "I should have stuck it a little harder."

Edelman's grab undoubtedly ranks among the greatest catches in Super Bowl history, if not the most skilled. David Tyree's helmet catch in Super Bowl XLII and Jermaine Kearse's forgotten juggler in Super Bowl XLIX fit into that category, with Tyree's probably taking the cake. Patriots fans will loudly argue otherwise.
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

The left: Carolina Panthers return home after SB loss to Broncos.

The right: Atlanta Falcons return home after SB loss to Pats.

bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

UOK wrote:The left: Carolina Panthers return home after SB loss to Broncos.

Guess all the falcons fans were working lol
UOK
Site Admin

bearsfaninaz wrote:
UOK wrote:The left: Carolina Panthers return home after SB loss to Broncos.

Guess all the falcons fans were working lol
Rumor was local ATL sports radio stations spent all of Monday talking college football, lol.
ysleblanc
MVP

RustyTrombone wrote:
wab wrote:That's what happens when the defense is on the field too long.
look at this shit

Atlanta the 4th quarter was some of the dumbest shit in SB history...like Seattle 2 years ago x 3.

-they ran the ball like 4 times with a 19 point lead in Q4 and a 5+ YPR average.
-they managed to use up 3 TO's with a huge lead and didn't have them with a minute on the clock and the ball
-they managed not to score after having a 1st down at the patriots 21 yard line following the great Joes catch. All they had to do is run 3 times and kick the FG while running the clock.
-they ran about 5-6 plays in Q4 that I could find with 15-20 seconds on the play clock...dumb!!!
-it was obvious they were not getting any pressure the last 2 drives, they refused to blitz or change anything, even though NE kept throwing with empty sets.