Chris Ballard, former CHI/KC exec, hired as Colts GM

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Interviewed for Bears GM position a few years ago. Wanted to blow up organization from Phillips on down. McCaskeys didn't like that, so they hired Pace.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Interesting to see how he does. Obviously was the front runner here.
mshu7
Pro Bowler

I think Pace has done a pretty good job thus far, other than hiring Fox. But I'm kind of jealous that the Colts landed Ballard. The fact that the Bears didn't hire him because he ruffled some feathers in the interview tells me he knew what was broke and needed fixing with the Bears. Plus, Ballard was going to bring Toub with him to be the HC. Both of those guys are blue collar football guys that understand what it takes to be successful in the NFL. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Toub as Indy's HC this time next year.
-Shu
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

mshu7 wrote:I think Pace has done a pretty good job thus far, other than hiring Fox. But I'm kind of jealous that the Colts landed Ballard. The fact that the Bears didn't hire him because he ruffled some feathers in the interview tells me he knew what was broke and needed fixing with the Bears. Plus, Ballard was going to bring Toub with him to be the HC. Both of those guys are blue collar football guys that understand what it takes to be successful in the NFL. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Toub as Indy's HC this time next year.
If you look at Indy, Pagano is doing the best he can with what he has. Say what you want about Luck, but he hasn't had a decent O line, or a good rushing compliment. He has also been hurt the last 2 years; watch tape as a rook and his 2nd year, lots of zip on the ball. 2015 he started throwing rainbows and was inaccurate and this past season, he had better production but still struggled with elbow and shoulder "injuries" and got surgery after the season.

Fix his O line and get him a decent RB and that team will be OK even if they're defense still has issues.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
mshu7
Pro Bowler

^^^
Ballard stated vwry clearly that he believes games are won in the treches. And, he believes defense wins championships. Sounds like traditional Bears football.
-Shu
wab
Mod

When is this "traditional Bears football" trope going to end? 1985 was a long time ago.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Gather round kids, and i'll regale you with the legend of Chris Ballard. Seven feet tall he was, with arms like tree trunks. His eyes were like steel, cold, hard. Had a shock of hair, red like the fires of Hell