Do you guys think Eli Manning…

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

CRM 114
Journeyman

…is a HOFer?

I don't think he is as despite two great playoff runs, he has been mostly mediocre throughout his career. He throws way too many picks and is way to inconsistent. 2 Super Bowl Championships (in which he lead his team to 17 and 21 points, the latter against a bad Pats defense) alone should not get you an automatic pass into Canton.

What are your thoughts?
wab
Mod

No
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

my thoughts are Eli Manning is not part of the Bears organization so I don't give a rat's patoot about him or his accomplishments/failures
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Should be in different forum but I'll give my response. If it wasn't for his last name he'd be mentioned as middle of the road QB who can win with great defense.
CRM 114
Journeyman

wab wrote:No
Please elaborate.
CRM 114
Journeyman

Boris13c wrote:my thoughts are Eli Manning is not part of the Bears organization so I don't give a rat's patoot about him or his accomplishments/failures
You should. The Bears have to play against him from time to time. Keep an eye on the enemy, you know?
CRM 114
Journeyman

bearsfaninaz wrote:Should be in different forum but I'll give my response. If it wasn't for his last name he'd be mentioned as middle of the road QB who can win with great defense.
This thread is in the right forum. Stop trying to do the moderator's job.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

CRM 114 wrote:
Boris13c wrote:my thoughts are Eli Manning is not part of the Bears organization so I don't give a rat's patoot about him or his accomplishments/failures
You should. The Bears have to play against him from time to time. Keep an eye on the enemy, you know?
understanding who the opponents are is a given ... caring about whether or not an opponent receives some sort of award or recognition is not the same thing and is not something I feel worth caring about

CRM 114 wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:Should be in different forum but I'll give my response. If it wasn't for his last name he'd be mentioned as middle of the road QB who can win with great defense.
it is in the correct forum now only because a moderator moved it so maybe relax a bit
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

No. He is not elite and I believe only elite players should go to the HOF. Now opinions on "elite" may differ, but I think it seems to have become more of a popularity contest. I think a better topic would be questioning if Terrell Owens should be in the HOF. He is basically out as he was not popular by standard media opinions. It is about numbers and performance .

Nothing Eli has done says elite to me.
wab
Mod

CRM 114 wrote:
In fairness, it wasn't originally in the right forum. It has since been moved to the correct forum.

Carry on.
CRM 114
Journeyman

Otis Day wrote:No. He is not elite and I believe only elite players should go to the HOF. Now opinions on "elite" may differ, but I think it seems to have become more of a popularity contest. I think a better topic would be questioning if Terrell Owens should be in the HOF. He is basically out as he was not popular by standard media opinions. It is about numbers and performance .

Nothing Eli has done says elite to me.
I'm way ahead of you.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Personally, I don't think so. I think he was borderline if his career kept going in a certain direction but it didn't, he was and is very up and down. Hell he has a lower career QB rating than Jay Cutler, but more in yards and overall stats. They are within a tenth of a percent on TD and Interception percentages. You might even say he is Jay Cutler, he just played on lots better teams with more talent around him for his career.