49ers are “open for business” to trade down from #2

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

John Lynch: 49ers are “open for business” to trade down from No. 2
San Francisco General Manager John Lynch will trade the second overall pick in the draft if he gets the right offer.

Lynch said he has already talked to some teams about a potential trade and hopes to talk to more.

“We’re open for business,” Lynch told reporters today.

Lynch said the 49ers have a general idea of what kind of package of picks it would take for them to trade down. Last year the Browns traded the second overall pick to the Eagles and got two first-round picks, a second-round pick and a third-round pick.
looks like Lynch might be like a carnival barker during this draft cycle
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

There really isn't a player at #2 that is any better or worse than a player at #12. Trades up into the top 10 of this draft are going to be difficult. Fournette may really be the only guy that people are really willing to trade up for, and is he really worth the #3 or #3 pick (even though my latest mock draft has the Panthers doing just that).
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

wab wrote:There really isn't a player at #2 that is any better or worse than a player at #12. Trades up into the top 10 of this draft are going to be difficult. Fournette may really be the only guy that people are really willing to trade up for, and is he really worth the #3 or #3 pick (even though my latest mock draft has the Panthers doing just that).
anyone who thinks a player is a missing piece will consider it if not outright pull the trigger.

If a team has several needs and can't afford to waste resources to move up then they won't even consider it.

There's also all the mind games that go into all these unnamed sources building up or tearing down certain players in an effort to create artificial need to trade up.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Bitches.

Trading down from 3 was going to be tough already.
Now they're just ruining it.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I could see teams willing to trade up. Cleveland to get a QB and Garrett. Panthers to jump Jax for Fournett.