Update: Cutler signs 1-yr deal with Miami

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:
G08 wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
not surprised ... his physical tools were never really a question ... he is an elite QB from the neck down

^ Tracked since 2006.

Tells me all I need to know about the "he sucks, he can't win games blah blah blah" side of the argument.

I never said he couldn't win ... I just think he is his own worst enemy at inopportune times
Sorry, that wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular.

That conversation has been beaten to death and I'm not about to get pulled into it again with a Wounded Bear or anyone else.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
G08 wrote:
Boris13c wrote:
not surprised ... his physical tools were never really a question ... he is an elite QB from the neck down

^ Tracked since 2006.

Tells me all I need to know about the "he sucks, he can't win games blah blah blah" side of the argument.

I never said he couldn't win ... I just think he is his own worst enemy at inopportune times
Sorry, that wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular.
okie doke

G08 wrote:That conversation has been beaten to death and I'm not about to get pulled into it again with a Wounded Bear or anyone else.
it is certainly a topic for argument that's for sure ... Cutler is a tease and the Dolphins are simply the latest to see that big arm and thank their lucky stars ... they'll change their mind when they don't get a happy ending either
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Wounded Bear
MVP

G08 wrote: Sorry, that wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular.

That conversation has been beaten to death and I'm not about to get pulled into it again with a Wounded Bear or anyone else.
That wasn't directed at anyone in particular except for me, who you mentioned by name. But since you mentioned me by name....

I wasn't trying to pull anyone into any conversation. The only thing I said is that I'm glad Jay went to the Dolphins because I hate the Dolphins (which I am allowed to do) and then I had to endure a moderator tell me that he plans to root on Jay to give fans like me a "fuck you," which I found interesting since most mods are suppose to be moderating the board. I mean, be a fucking man, don't go the indirect route, just tell me "fuck you" (I'm talking to you wab). Then I had to endure a shit storm of every overly-sensitive Cutler fan on the board tell me that they plan on doing the same, which made me feel like I was back in 3rd grade all over again.....

I'm certain there are other Jay Cutler fans on the board that read that comment and didn't think much of it. I mean, most message boards are built on debate or simple comments, I wasn't aware that we had to walk in lock-step on all things regarding Jay Cutler or any other fucking player for that matter. I read plenty of shit on this board of which I disagree and I don't pull the shit out of my adult diaper and throw myself on the floor screaming.

You know, I remember being as critical if not more critical of both Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman's play and I never experienced the blowback as I have with Jay. And after my critical comments of those two, no one ever claimed that I personally hated those two or that they were going to root "extra hard" for the 'Skins or Broncos just give me a major "Fuck You." To me, both Rex and Kyle seemed like good guys, but boy, I was sure happy they were off the team and I was glad they went to the teams that they did.

Conversely, I have stated that I happened to not really care for the attitudes and/or personalities of both Urlacher and Briggs, but loved them on the team, proving that I don't need to like someone to want them playing for the Bears. But I say I don't like how Jay locks onto his receivers - or when he throws an interception during the game -or where on the field he throws an interception - and 50 dudes come at me saying that I'm an asshole and I just don't like Jay as a person.... Fuckin' ri-goddamn-diculous.

I used to love Peanut, but people used to make comments about his high profile screw ups (one of which was him falling down when covering Steve Smith during an NFC Championship game) and I didn't whine and bitch like a fucking baby when they did.

So we're not always going to agree and as long as we're not trolling each other, we shouldn't get thrown into a hissy fit about it. Any message board where everyone is agreeing with each other is a fucking shitty message board.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
G08
Hall of Famer

Again, I'm not getting pulled into anything with you.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Wounded Bear wrote:

That wasn't directed at anyone in particular except for me, who you mentioned by name. But since you mentioned me by name....

I wasn't trying to pull anyone into any conversation. The only thing I said is that I'm glad Jay went to the Dolphins because I hate the Dolphins (which I am allowed to do) and then I had to endure a moderator tell me that he plans to root on Jay to give fans like me a "fuck you," which I found interesting since most mods are suppose to be moderating the board. I mean, be a fucking man, don't go the indirect route, just tell me "fuck you" (I'm talking to you wab). Then I had to endure a shit storm of every overly-sensitive Cutler fan on the board tell me that they plan on doing the same, which made me feel like I was back in 3rd grade all over again.....

I'm certain there are other Jay Cutler fans on the board that read that comment and didn't think much of it. I mean, most message boards are built on debate or simple comments, I wasn't aware that we had to walk in lock-step on all things regarding Jay Cutler or any other fucking player for that matter. I read plenty of shit on this board of which I disagree and I don't pull the shit out of my adult diaper and throw myself on the floor screaming.

You know, I remember being as critical if not more critical of both Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman's play and I never experienced the blowback as I have with Jay. And after my critical comments of those two, no one ever claimed that I personally hated those two or that they were going to root "extra hard" for the 'Skins or Broncos just give me a major "Fuck You." To me, both Rex and Kyle seemed like good guys, but boy, I was sure happy they were off the team and I was glad they went to the teams that they did.

Conversely, I have stated that I happened to not really care for the attitudes and/or personalities of both Urlacher and Briggs, but loved them on the team, proving that I don't need to like someone to want them playing for the Bears. But I say I don't like how Jay locks onto his receivers - or when he throws an interception during the game -or where on the field he throws an interception - and 50 dudes come at me saying that I'm an asshole and I just don't like Jay as a person.... Fuckin' ri-goddamn-diculous.

I used to love Peanut, but people used to make comments about his high profile screw ups (one of which was him falling down when covering Steve Smith during an NFC Championship game) and I didn't whine and bitch like a fucking baby when they did.

So we're not always going to agree and as long as we're not trolling each other, we shouldn't get thrown into a hissy fit about it. Any message board where everyone is agreeing with each other is a fucking shitty message board.
Come down off the cross, we could use the wood
wab
Mod

Wounded Bear wrote:

Wut?

This whole post was a bunch of boo-hooing self-immolating bullshit.

If you associated yourself with what I posted, then that's on you. I wasn't even responding to you...so this whole fucking "I'm talking to you WAB" thing is weird. FWIW, I was responding to UOK's question about Bears fans actively rooting for Cutler to fail.

It's ironic that you say you weren't trying to pull anyone into the conversation, yet you pulled yourself into one that wasn't even about you. My comment was a generalization, but if you want to lump yourself into that generalization, by all means...feel free.
G08
Hall of Famer

Huh, apparently blocking someone still allows their quoted text to appear.

Ah, that's better!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

damn ... Cutler isn't even on the Bears any more but can still generate animosity among Bears fans ... that is kind of interesting from a Psychology and Sociology standpoint

he was certainly a divisive topic of discussion while wearing Bears blue, and I guess that hasn't changed
George Carlin
Wounded Bear
MVP

wab wrote:[This whole post was a bunch of boo-hooing self-immolating bullshit.

If you associated yourself with what I posted, then that's on you. I wasn't even responding to you...so this whole fucking "I'm talking to you WAB" thing is weird. FWIW, I was responding to UOK's question about Bears fans actively rooting for Cutler to fail.

It's ironic that you say you weren't trying to pull anyone into the conversation, yet you pulled yourself into one that wasn't even about you. My comment was a generalization, but if you want to lump yourself into that generalization, by all means...feel free.
Trollin' trollin trollin', Rawhiiiide!

You're ill-suited to be a mod.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:damn ... Cutler isn't even on the Bears any more but can still generate animosity among Bears fans ... that is kind of interesting from a Psychology and Sociology standpoint

he was certainly a divisive topic of discussion while wearing Bears blue, and I guess that hasn't changed
Agreed, Boris - I was looking forward to his new career because I think the same quirks in his personality that polarized some Bears fans will make him an interesting commentator. The guy is not your everyday sports media talking head.

Now I'm disappointed that he's done a 180 because it was a good time for him to go on with his life.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
wab
Mod

Wounded Bear wrote:You're ill-suited to be a mod.
G08
Hall of Famer

Ban stick Ban stick!!
G08
Hall of Famer

Armando Salguero‏ Verified account @ArmandoSalguero

Jay Cutler & Brandon Doughty negotiated a price for Cutler to get No. 6. When price was agreed by both, Cutler then added more $, I'm told.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
Wounded Bear wrote:You're ill-suited to be a mod.

:rofl:

the Dude or his friends have responses for most occasions it seems
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
Armando Salguero‏ Verified account @ArmandoSalguero

Jay Cutler & Brandon Doughty negotiated a price for Cutler to get No. 6. When price was agreed by both, Cutler then added more $, I'm told.

Cutler is playing with house money these days, so I'm sure he could happily afford whatever price was negotiated, and give a tip

it will also be a going away gift to Doughty if Tannehill comes back at any point this season
George Carlin
Wounded Bear
MVP

G08 wrote:Ban stick Ban stick!!
LOL. Fortunately for everyone, you don't have a lot of sway on this board...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
G08
Hall of Famer

Has there been any updates on Tannehill yet? Curious what happens with that dude...
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Has there been any updates on Tannehill yet? Curious what happens with that dude...

they've been keeping pretty quiet ... last posted update I could find anywhere is from last week when they were still waiting MRI results
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Ban roll on was much better.
G08
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:

We should put it to a vote:

Should Wounded Bear be put out of his misery? :lol:
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

G08 wrote:
Otis Day wrote:

When you can tell fans are ready for some football.
Wounded Bear
MVP

G08 wrote:
Otis Day wrote:

Go for it, cowboy. You have zero clout.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
G08
Hall of Famer

Rakshir wrote:
G08 wrote:
Otis Day wrote:

When you can tell fans are ready for some football.
Feening, bro.

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Wounded Bear wrote:
G08 wrote:
Otis Day wrote:

actually most of us have nude pics of wab.

god i wish he'd stop sending me his nudes.
wab
Mod

RustyTrubisky wrote:
Wounded Bear wrote:
G08 wrote:
Otis Day wrote:

actually most of us have nude pics of wab.

god i wish he'd stop sending me his nudes.
The restraining order is only temporary.