Building a team from the NFL cutdown list

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

interesting list and an item for discussion/argument

The best of 1,000+ NFL players released on cut-down day
No one was quite sure what Saturday would look like, as nearly 1,200 players went from NFL rosters to the open market, so much so that Denver Broncos president of football operations/general manager John Elway said he believed most teams, the Broncos included, would try to get a head start.

Elway said in recent days that the Broncos had evaluators looking at players they believed other teams might release "because you’re not going to be able to look at everybody if you wait." This year, teams cut their rosters from 90 players to 53, without a cut to 75 players ahead of the final week of the preseason, as had happened in previous years.

As a result, the list was bigger than ever: almost 40 pages of names on the league’s transaction report for personnel executives to sift through, sort and decide if any of those players are better than the ones they kept. Here’s one swing at a starting lineup of available players after discussions with a few personnel executives around the league Saturday night to go with an assist from ESPN’s NFL Nation team reporters.
the team they came up with was weak at QB mainly because on one worth anything was released ... when your options are Kellen Clemens or Brandon Weeden, you shouldn't expect much from the position

other than that it looks like it could be a competitive team
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

more than a few names that I would love to have come in and compete in practice to see if they have anything left

Parkey instead of Barth, for instance.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Wounded Bear
MVP

Alright, that's it. I'm emailing that article to Ryan Pace with a follow up phone call.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson