What team do you want to see creamed in 2017?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the Packers are the default answer of course, but I expect them to continue to be up to their Bear killing ways

so the team other than the Packers I want to see lay an egg is the San Francisco 49ers ... why? because of their "I'm the smartest offensive mind in the game" idiot assed piece of excrement head coach

I did not place any bets on the Super Bowl ... and when the game started, I expected a Patriots win, but was rooting for the Falcons simply because they were the underdog ... and when it was 28-3 in the 3rd quarter, I was going nuts for the Falcons

and then Shanahan raised his idiot head ... or put it deeper into his ass

I understand the desire to continue to execute your offense as practiced, even with a lead ... but good coaches also take into account the changing dynamics as a game progresses ... Shanahan did not ... which is why it seemed the Falcons still seemed to be in hurry-up mode with a 25 point lead when they should have been taking every play clock down to 2 or 3 seconds before the snap

and then the real killer - a chance at a field goal of less than 40 yards to give a mathematically insurmountable 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, pissed away by yet more pass plays called that resulted in penalties and loss of yardage out of field goal range

I'm not a Falcons fan, yet I despise Shanahan for his stubborn arrogance (can't imagine how actual Falcons fans felt, and probably still feel about this)

so I would dearly love to see his 49ers implode to 0-16 or as close to it as possible

which is yours, and why?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Cowboys
FaithInCutler
MVP

Pats, Cowboys, Packers.

I lost money on the Pats last night and loved every second of it!
"dooooonnn'tt ccaaaaaaarrrreeeeeee" - Jay Cutler
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Pats, Cowboys, Packers, I'll add in Cardinals since I'm in AZ and get a lot of cocky fans here
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Outside of the default answer, Packers, it is and always will be the Cowboys.
UOK
Site Admin

I want to see the Patriots humbled for a year, not only because the constant praise gets tiresome, but I'm ready for someone else to take the mantle. It's been too long.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i have a sort of irrational hatred of the colts, both because jim irsay is trash and because they legit tanked for a year to get luck and seem hell bent on getting him killed.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

The Baylor Bears.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:i have a sort of irrational hatred of the colts, both because jim irsay is trash and because they legit tanked for a year to get luck and seem hell bent on getting him killed.
losing 46-9 to the fucking LA Rams??!?

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Outside of divisional dislikes...

Don't like Pete Carroll or the Seahawks. Always rather watch them lose, even to the Packers.
Grew up with Bills Fans in the 80's and 90's...just insufferable fans when the team is doing good so they're next on the list.
Never cared for the 49'ers as they had our number in the playoffs growing up.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

I don't like Pete Carroll, so I'm always fine when the Seahawks lose. I also have an irrational hatred for the 49ers.
docc
Head Coach

bearsfaninaz wrote:Pats, Cowboys, Packers, I'll add in Cardinals since I'm in AZ and get a lot of cocky fans here
I/m in Az too..
Fuk the Crapinals//Uh after the assPackers of course
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:i have a sort of irrational hatred of the colts, both because jim irsay is trash and because they legit tanked for a year to get luck and seem hell bent on getting him killed.
https://deadspin.com/please-save-andrew ... 1820214717" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patrick asked Dungy about the Luck situation, and Dungy responded, “I don’t know what’s going on there. Jim Irsay made a comment about six weeks ago, ‘It’s inside his head now.’”

Patrick: “Wait, it’s inside Luck’s head?”

Dungy: “Yeah, [Irsay] said that when I was out [in Indianapolis] for Peyton’s ceremony.”

Patrick was stunned. “Wow,” he said. “I really wonder if Luck’s future is in Indianapolis. I really do.”

Dungy didn’t respond initially, then when Patrick brought up the fact that Irsay expected Luck back at the start of the season or early in the season, Dungy replied, “They obviously believed it because they did nothing to prepare for him not being there.”
mshu7
Pro Bowler

Not a team, but a player. And he is the one and only Can Newton. More than anyone else in the league, can't stand him.
-Shu
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:
https://deadspin.com/please-save-andrew ... 1820214717" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patrick asked Dungy about the Luck situation, and Dungy responded, “I don’t know what’s going on there. Jim Irsay made a comment about six weeks ago, ‘It’s inside his head now.’”

Patrick: “Wait, it’s inside Luck’s head?”

Dungy: “Yeah, [Irsay] said that when I was out [in Indianapolis] for Peyton’s ceremony.”

Patrick was stunned. “Wow,” he said. “I really wonder if Luck’s future is in Indianapolis. I really do.”

Dungy didn’t respond initially, then when Patrick brought up the fact that Irsay expected Luck back at the start of the season or early in the season, Dungy replied, “They obviously believed it because they did nothing to prepare for him not being there.”

[video][/video]

this is just so stupid on Irsay's part ... the Dolts have allowed Luck to be a tackling dummy, and he keeps getting back up and keeps doing what he can to help the team win ... for the owner to question Luck's commitment and mental strength is beyond ludicrous
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

oh and also the colts are going to run their best defender out of town at the end of the year.

“I’ve been here six years,” Davis said, via the Indianapolis Star. “We’ve had similar situations where I played hurt. These things happen. And I never got confronted and (no one) said, ‘Your play has slipped.’ Nothing. I was playing at a level that was acceptable. But now, my play slips and this? They should have come to me way earlier and said, ‘Vontae, you’re not yourself. You’re not playing well.’ I told the trainers my groin was not responding.”

----------
Despite that, General Manager Chris Ballard said on JMV1070, via Zak Keefer of the Indianapolis Star, that Davis was cleared of any injury earlier this year by the team’s medical staff and hasn’t had any reason to be on the injury report.

“He hasn’t played very well,” Ballard said.

you guys think our strength training staff is incompetent, and leading to our rash of injuries. well they've got nothing on indy's medical staff.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... g-surgery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Davis sought independent opinions from other doctors on his lingering groin injury with he and the organization publicly feuding over the extent of Davis’ injury.
Holder reports doctors have told Davis he has muscle separating from the bone and “continuing to play with the injury could ultimately make it worse.”

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

jim irsay should be executed by firing squad:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-surgery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Report: Andrew Luck may need biceps tendon surgery

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Luck will begin a throwing program once he returns to the U.S. and that program will determine whether he needs “corrective surgery on his biceps tendon.” Mortensen reports that Luck is optimistic that things will go well, but that surgery will be an option if pain returns once he resumes throwing.
Funkster
MVP

wab wrote:I don't like Pete Carroll, so I'm always fine when the Seahawks lose. I also have an irrational hatred for the 49ers.
Well it's happening, Hawks down 34-0 at the half. It's a great day, Bears don't play and Hawks are getting their asses kicked.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i promise this is the last time i'll bump this thread, but getting clowned by josh fucking mcdaniels...

i feel like a kid on christmas.
Umbali
MVP

For me it would be the 49ers. I have been married for 28 years. During that time my father in law has been a wishy washy 49ers fan. When I first met him he was a 49ers/Rams/Falcons fan...WHEN THEY WERE ALL IN THE SAME DIVISION!

During all the sucky years he barely paid attn to football
Now he is back to being a 49ers fan and having convenient memory loss in regards to his wishy washyness....

fuck the 49ers
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

packers and vikings, of course. miami, pats, carolina, and san fran.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Boris13c wrote:the Packers are the default answer of course, but I expect them to continue to be up to their Bear killing ways

so the team other than the Packers I want to see lay an egg is the San Francisco 49ers ... why? because of their "I'm the smartest offensive mind in the game" idiot assed piece of excrement head coach

I did not place any bets on the Super Bowl ... and when the game started, I expected a Patriots win, but was rooting for the Falcons simply because they were the underdog ... and when it was 28-3 in the 3rd quarter, I was going nuts for the Falcons

and then Shanahan raised his idiot head ... or put it deeper into his ass

I understand the desire to continue to execute your offense as practiced, even with a lead ... but good coaches also take into account the changing dynamics as a game progresses ... Shanahan did not ... which is why it seemed the Falcons still seemed to be in hurry-up mode with a 25 point lead when they should have been taking every play clock down to 2 or 3 seconds before the snap

and then the real killer - a chance at a field goal of less than 40 yards to give a mathematically insurmountable 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, pissed away by yet more pass plays called that resulted in penalties and loss of yardage out of field goal range

I'm not a Falcons fan, yet I despise Shanahan for his stubborn arrogance (can't imagine how actual Falcons fans felt, and probably still feel about this)

so I would dearly love to see his 49ers implode to 0-16 or as close to it as possible

which is yours, and why?
I'd start it, but I think you the copyright on this topic. Are you going to start one for 2018?
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox