Cutler posts 102 passer PR in Dolphins debut.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wasn't all roses and smiles for him on Sunday :

www.12up.com/posts/5553472-video-jay-cutler-throws-the-worst-hail-mary-in-nfl-history
Just a bit outside.

That throw probably went a good 60 yards, with 20 of them out of bounds and far away from any signs of life on the field.

If only the cheerleader stepped up and made the snag.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:wasn't all roses and smiles for him on Sunday :

www.12up.com/posts/5553472-video-jay-cutler-throws-the-worst-hail-mary-in-nfl-history
Just a bit outside.

That throw probably went a good 60 yards, with 20 of them out of bounds and far away from any signs of life on the field.

They had 10 players at or behind the line of scrimmage.

One WR went out for a route.

Does that tell anyone with a brain that they were attempting a Hail Mary? $1,000 says Gase told him to drop back and chuck it out of bounds to kill the half.

This is the shit that drives me crazy about "Cutler haters".
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

G08 wrote:

Just a bit outside.

Does that tell anyone with a brain that they were attempting a Hail Mary? $1,000 says Gase told him to drop back and chuck it out of bounds to kill the half.

^^a fine sentiment well stated^^

Cutlers no Brady but he's got rare power and can move around - I'm still a fan of Smokin' Jay

Who wouldn't trade Glennon for Cutty in a heartbeat right now?

:evilgrin:
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

pus wrote:
G08 wrote:

Just a bit outside.

Cutlers no Brady but he's got rare power and can move around - I'm still a fan of Smokin' Jay

:wave:

The only thing that deal nets you is a much worse draft pick
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Moriarty wrote:
pus wrote:
G08 wrote:

Just a bit outside.

:wave:

The only thing that deal nets you is a much worse draft pick
you got me there, all right
:toast:
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Cutler posts a 70 QBR today, out dueled by Josh McCown who posted a 126 QBR
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote:Cutler posts a 70 QBR today, out dueled by Josh McCown who posted a 126 QBR
It appeared a very "Bearish" game for cutler, as they didn't protect him at all and abandoned the running game that wasn't working so he was flinging it, which was there only chance of victory the way they were playing.

His stat line wasn't terrible for as much as he was being harassed.
marlin
Practice Squad

Otis Day wrote:Cutler posts a 70 QBR today, out dueled by Josh McCown who posted a 126 QBR
Yes, it's very interesting to consider this contest between two recent ex-Bear QBs. One game is pretty meaningless with respect to making a direct comparison, but it's not lost on me that here we are years later, and Josh is still outperforming Cutler. A lot of people didn't even think he'd still be in the league at 38, yet he almost outlasted Cutler before Cutty un-retired.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

marlin wrote:
Yes, it's very interesting to consider this contest between two recent ex-Bear QBs. One game is pretty meaningless with respect to making a direct comparison, but it's not lost on me that here we are years later, and Josh is still outperforming Cutler. A lot of people didn't even think he'd still be in the league at 38, yet he almost outlasted Cutler before Cutty un-retired.
This argument just drives me nuts, along with the statement "Josh continues to outplay Cutler".

McCown is a career backup that is only starting because its the Jets and he is cheap. Because he is competent enough to not shit the bed in the starting lineup and is cheap is why he is in the league. He has a career QBR 10 points lower than Cutler and simply loses all the time.

He is not, nor ever has been in the same realm as Cutler when it comes to being a starting QB, regardless of the meatball opinions based off a three games of a 5 game stretch against historically bad defenses. Since his magical 3-2 5 game run for Chicago he is exactly 3-22 as a starting QB. Let that sink in.
wab
Mod

southdakbearfan wrote:
marlin wrote:
This argument just drives me nuts, along with the statement "Josh continues to outplay Cutler".

McCown is a career backup that is only starting because its the Jets and he is cheap. Because he is competent enough to not shit the bed in the starting lineup and is cheap is why he is in the league. He has a career QBR 10 points lower than Cutler and simply loses all the time.

He is not, nor ever has been in the same realm as Cutler when it comes to being a starting QB, regardless of the meatball opinions based off a three games of a 5 game stretch against historically bad defenses. Since his magical 3-2 5 game run for Chicago he is exactly 3-22 as a starting QB. Let that sink in.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

wab wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:
marlin wrote:

+1
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
marlin
Practice Squad

southdakbearfan wrote:
marlin wrote:

I guess it is lost on you then :-P I only stated a fact. It drives me crazy too, but apparently for a different reason.
After all these years, it seems you still haven't accepted that Cutler is, overall, not a special QB, so I'll ignore the part of your reply that is unsupported hyperbole. And I'll assume you already realize your career QBR argument is heavy handed stat twisting because of its reliance on the first half of Josh's career, which is close to irrelevant in a league that is the poster child for the cliche "you're only as good as your last game".

It's one thing to coddle, overpay, and give up too much for a QB who is only a fair bit better than your other option; it's incompetence to do so only to have your guy get outplayed. It could be argued that's what happened with guys we didn't go after because we already had so much invested in Cutler. It definitely happened twice with guys we already had on our roster.
Meanwhile, the Bears released Jay Cutler (with one career playoff win, since you're apparently intent on including team stats as player arguments...I prefer not to), and Josh is still a starting NFL QB at 38 years old, who just posted a 73 QBR to Cutler's 22 QBR in a head-to-head match up. Let that sink in.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

marlin wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:
marlin wrote:

I guess it is lost on you then :-P I only stated a fact. It drives me crazy too, but apparently for a different reason.
After all these years, it seems you still haven't accepted that Cutler is, overall, not a special QB, so I'll ignore the part of your reply that is unsupported hyperbole. And I'll assume you already realize your career QBR argument is heavy handed stat twisting because of its reliance on the first half of Josh's career, which is close to irrelevant in a league that is the poster child for the cliche "you're only as good as your last game".

It's one thing to coddle, overpay, and give up too much for a QB who is only a fair bit better than your other option; it's incompetence to do so only to have your guy get outplayed. It could be argued that's what happened with guys we didn't go after because we already had so much invested in Cutler. It definitely happened twice with guys we already had on our roster.
Meanwhile, the Bears released Jay Cutler (with one career playoff win, since you're apparently intent on including team stats as player arguments...I prefer not to), and Josh is still a starting NFL QB at 38 years old, who just posted a 73 QBR to Cutler's 22 QBR in a head-to-head match up. Let that sink in.
I get it, you dislike or hate cutler. But I really don't know what chicago gave him in payment, traded for him or whatever has to do with the current comparison.

He wasn't great, and wasn't bad most his career in chicago. He was inconsistent, maddeningly at times.

But don't tell me the guy that is 19-44 in his career, has never thrown for more than 2500 yards in a season after 15 seasons, has less than 15,000 yards in 15 seasons in total, has an identical int% for his career, lower TD% and is lower in pretty much every single statistical measurement is a better QB. Heck he hasn't averaged 1,000 yards a season for his career and less than 7 TD's a year.

McCown is a garbage QB for a garbage team. He is a placeholder for a team with nothing else to turn to and no young talent in the pipeline. He may have played better in this head to head match, but what does that mean? Did they both sit behind the same line, have the same plays, the same WR? No. Was McCown getting clobbered like Cutler was because the dolphins couldn't block and couldn't run? Every QB in the game looks like crap when they are getting hit all the time.
Wounded Bear
MVP

And Jay turned in a 52.1 QBR against the Titans...
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson