STICKY: "Trubisky to start on MNF" conspiratorium

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Richie
MVP

"Trubisky's four games into his rookie season now. Obviously, we have a big gap coming up here, a mini-bye week. We'll look at everything. Not just the QB position either, we'll look at everything."

I was pretty pissed when we conceded the entire 4th quarter. However, it did occur to me when they began running the ball, that this could be Fox's way of benching Glennon mid-game. Without actually having to insert Trubisky with no preparation. Essentially saying; "I'm done with this. Let's get out of here and get the kid ready for next week. I'm not putting him in down 28 with no first team reps in Green Bay, but I'm done with Glennon."

I think they wanted so badly to baby Trub through the bye week (or New Orleans, according to Biggs), but Glennon has forced the issue. He signed his own death certificate tonight, and I think it's finally time for Trub to debut on Monday Night Football.

People can keep saying all they want about the defense's we're about to face, or the damn WR's. However, there's no perfect situation to do it. Enough is enough... and this is ENOUGH. FWIW, I was initially for starting Glennon in Week 1.

We appear to have a very nice ground game, probably a top 5 O-line and a solid defense when their offense doesn't hand the opposition 3 or 4 first half turnovers. So, ya know... this is probably better than what most 2nd overall picks get thrown into right away.
UOK
Site Admin

Hicks also came out not mincing words:

@CEmma670
Bears DL Akiem Hicks: "The changes we need to make, hopefully we make those changes. Hopefully we put our team in a position to win."
botfly10
Player of the Month

UOK wrote:Hicks also came out not mincing words:

@CEmma670
Bears DL Akiem Hicks: "The changes we need to make, hopefully we make those changes. Hopefully we put our team in a position to win."
you really think that was directly referencing the QB? sometimes players think weird shit about the state of their team.
Richie
MVP

botfly10 wrote:

@CEmma670
you really think that was directly referencing the QB? sometimes players think weird shit about the state of their team.
It's not unfair to think it may have been directed at the QB.

You can't say for certain, but they don't have their head in the sand. They know what's going on. They all know what "change" is being talked about.

He just gave himself plausible deniability, IMO.

However, I do admit, I didn't hear him say it. Perhaps the context would put it in a different light.
docc
Head Coach

Glennon is a disaster// Immobile//slow witted/ inaccurate and timid..

He must go..
Wounded Bear
MVP

I guess I don't understand why we aren't playing Sanchez. He's not great, but he's a far cry better than this guy. If we're really concerned about Trub's development and truly feel he's not ready yet, we do have another QB on the roster.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Richie
MVP

Wounded Bear wrote:I guess I don't understand why we aren't playing Sanchez. He's not great, but he's a far cry better than this guy. If we're really concerned about Trub's development and truly feel he's not ready yet, we do have another QB on the roster.
Yup. I said that after the Pittsburgh game. If not Trubisky, please... Sanchez.

Sanchez is at least a competent backup. Glennon is the reincarnation of Jonathan Quinn.
PC Load Letter
Practice Squad

botfly10 wrote:

@CEmma670
Here is the full quote according to Hoge.
“The changes we need to make, hopefully we make those changes. Hopefully we put our team in position to win on defense and offense."

I absolutely do. Guys usually don't speak up about the other side of the ball. Usually they'll say they need to worry about their side (defense here) to pick up the slack, etc. For him to specifically say offense, I have to think he means Glennon. Not like we can really change WRs.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

botfly10 wrote:

@CEmma670
Akiem then lifted his shirt to reveal a giant TANNER GENTRY chest tattoo.
kevperro
Practice Squad

Romo kept defending Glennon. He must have a man crush on the guy.

Glennon doesn't fit our scheme even if the mistakes didn't fall on him. He isn't mobile and I'm sorry but the QB is like the President, you get the credit and the blame no matter who is at fault.

It is Tribs time folks. There is no mistaking our issues at WR so I'm not expecting a miracle. I just want to give us the best chance to win some games and be able to hold our heads high.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

"Hopefully we can make those changes." Really? You are the fucking head coach, you can make any change you want, dumbass.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
Wounded Bear wrote:I guess I don't understand why we aren't playing Sanchez. He's not great, but he's a far cry better than this guy. If we're really concerned about Trub's development and truly feel he's not ready yet, we do have another QB on the roster.

Sanchez is at least a competent backup. Glennon is the reincarnation of Jonathan Quinn.
This.

I somewhat agree with Romo. Yes, Glennon certainly hasn't been good. But neither have his targets. And when both are bad... That's really bad.

Hell... Wheaton... Our $5.5M FA signing has no catches in 2 games. That just shows you what missing TC does. Continuity zero.

I heard Biggsy on the radio this morning talk about the overthrow of Thompson interception and say that he couldn't blame Glennon for that one because the route was so terrible. I didn't catch that during the game and haven't been able to review it since. But I hear enough noise that it's not all Glennon that that's what I believe. Glennon is just the most obvious focal point.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Wounded Bear wrote:I guess I don't understand why we aren't playing Sanchez. He's not great, but he's a far cry better than this guy.
I don't necessarily think that's true ... he won't screw up the same way as Glennon does, but I think he would screw up as often

Richie wrote:

Glennon was signed to be the Bears starter because when he was in Tampa Bay, he was their competent backup

as Glennon has shown, having that label and holding that position does not mean you should ever see the field as a starting QB
Last edited by Boris13c on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

After 4 games, I don't understand why people keep NOT wanting Mitch to play. That was the worst QB play since Chad Hutchinson. Even Johnathan Quinn is sitting somewhere thinking "jesus...I wasn't even that bad".
UOK
Site Admin

When the typically conservative and crabby Greg Gabriel calls you the worst QB to ever wear a Bears uniform, you know you've fucked up.
G08
Hall of Famer

Maybe John Fox is just a bad fucking coach.

I dunno... something inside me broke yesterday. It doesn't seem to matter who the GM is, who the head coach is, the end result is ALWAYS the same.

I hate to turn into that old, crusty Bears fan that is always bagging on the McCaskeys.... but enough is enough! I don't think this team will be worth a single piece of fucking shit until those jerkoffs sell the team. Don't believe that will make a difference? Look at the Cubs: team was sold in 2009 and we won the fucking World Series 7 years later.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:Maybe John Fox is just a bad fucking coach.

I dunno... something inside me broke yesterday. It doesn't seem to matter who the GM is, who the head coach is, the end result is ALWAYS the same.

I hate to turn into that old, crusty Bears fan that is always bagging on the McCaskeys.... but enough is enough! I don't think this team will be worth a single piece of fucking shit until those jerkoffs sell the team. Don't believe that will make a difference? Look at the Cubs: team was sold in 2009 and we won the fucking World Series 7 years later.
Damn mane, don't give up now!

[video][/video]
G08
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:Maybe John Fox is just a bad fucking coach.

Damn mane, don't give up now!

[video][/video]
I'm going on 27 years of watching this garbage, man... at some point one has to realize they backed the wrong horse. Hope I'm wrong and I hope Trubisky injects some life back into me. If it's Glennon against next week, I'm just going to play with my puppy.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
PC Load Letter
Practice Squad

Mikefive wrote: Hell... Wheaton... Our $5.5M FA signing has no catches in 2 games. That just shows you what missing TC does. Continuity zero.
Has more to do with missing TC. Wheaton simply isn't very good and should never have been signed as a starting outside WR. I have no idea where the notion came from that he's an outside deep threat. He's an undersized slot WR - and not nearly as good as Wright. I hated when we signed him and no early signs of my tune changing.
Mikefive wrote: I heard Biggsy on the radio this morning talk about the overthrow of Thompson interception and say that he couldn't blame Glennon for that one because the route was so terrible. I didn't catch that during the game and haven't been able to review it since. But I hear enough noise that it's not all Glennon that that's what I believe. Glennon is just the most obvious focal point.
Eh, on reddit there are plenty of break downs of WRs and TEs wide open on plays where Glennon craps his pants. I think they are actually doing a decent enough job of providing spaces to throw the ball. Glennon simply locks in, doesn't go through progressions and refuses to step up into the pocket (he did once last night). The eye test still puts more of the blame on Glennon.

Here is Miller wide open on the very first play (hold, hold, hold, sack, fumble)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK2jq_5UQAEqwhC.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is Kendall Wright on the play where Glennon threw it deep to Thompson in triple coverage (and he almost made the catch). But I kinda think Wright had an easier catch...if Glennon threw it.
https://i.redd.it/e16gybtofqoz.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UOK
Site Admin

I don't want to hear shit about bad WRs, bad routes, etc. It all starts with shit quarterback.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:"Hopefully we can make those changes." Really? You are the fucking head coach, you can make any change you want, dumbass.

no shit

that reminds me of Ja-Moron making similar statements about really wanting to get one player or another some playing time ... and as he was saying it I was screaming at the tv - then PLAY HIM you jackass! its not like a guy on the bench can just decide to put himself in the game

though that might be interesting to try in preseason ... have your starting offense and defense, and the reserves knowing who they are the official sub for, and let them go willy nilly into and out of the game on their own ... probably drive the opposing team at least a little nuts
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

PC Load Letter wrote:Eh, on reddit there are plenty of break downs of WRs and TEs wide open on plays where Glennon craps his pants. I think they are actually doing a decent enough job of providing spaces to throw the ball. Glennon simply locks in, doesn't go through progressions and refuses to step up into the pocket (he did once last night). The eye test still puts more of the blame on Glennon.
Got a link to that thread?

PC Load Letter
Practice Squad

G08 wrote: Got a link to that thread?
Usually all different threads. I posted two from earlier this morning with plays from last night. There were some after the other games as well.
Bad Flanders
MVP

Somewhere Johnathan Quinn just started feeling terrible about himself and he hasn't even read this thread! LOL

As for Romo, guy is new to his job and might suck himself for all he knows, he's smart enough to not shit on the guys on the field... yet. And ALL of them were pushing that, Dion had crazy love for Glennon, I'm guessing when he was playing he would've REALLY loved to play against the guy though. I liked Romo, he had good insight, funny (in a sad way) how he called the roll out left based on where Cobb lined up but everyone on the Bears D crashed right.

And, if Trub doesn't start this next game, we truly need to figure out WHO is causing that (cause it's all speculation right now if it's Fox or Pace or Dowell) and get their asses out NOW.
wab
Mod

I'm sitting in my office watching the replay on NFLN with a lot less beer in me, and just watching Fox on the sideline 12 minutes into the first quarter, you can tell he's sick of Glennon's shit.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Bad Flanders wrote:Somewhere Johnathan Quinn just started feeling terrible about himself and he hasn't even read this thread! LOL

As for Romo, guy is new to his job and might suck himself for all he knows, he's smart enough to not shit on the guys on the field... yet. And ALL of them were pushing that, Dion had crazy love for Glennon, I'm guessing when he was playing he would've REALLY loved to play against the guy though. I liked Romo, he had good insight, funny (in a sad way) how he called the roll out left based on where Cobb lined up but everyone on the Bears D crashed right.

And, if Trub doesn't start this next game, we truly need to figure out WHO is causing that (cause it's all speculation right now if it's Fox or Pace or Dowell) and get their asses out NOW.
Maybe he is just not ready. I believe he is or he wouldn't be #2. So, yea, there is a problem somewhere.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:
Bad Flanders wrote:Somewhere Johnathan Quinn just started feeling terrible about himself and he hasn't even read this thread! LOL

Maybe he is just not ready. I believe he is or he wouldn't be #2. So, yea, there is a problem somewhere.
I'm taking the positive approach that I think this is all by intent ... Glennon was told he is the starter when they signed him, and here he is, the starter ... if he hadn't begun the season as the starter, that would have been Pace going back on his word, which might have upset others on the team

here we are 4 games in, and Glennon has proven he is not up to the task ... so now when he is benched, he has no reason to cry foul about the Bears not keeping their word - he was given his opportunity and he fumbled it away ... the other players are themselves beginning to grumble about needing a change, so they aren't going to be an issue with Glennon moving to the bench

game 5 Trubisky Time begins, as Pace (and probably Fox too) had envisioned happening all along ... and instead of controversy with the switch, they have welcome enthusiasm
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

This is per Benjamin Allbright (solid twitter follow):
Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account
@AllbrightNFL
Follow
More
Getting flooded with texts that Trubisky is expected to be named #Bears starter.

Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

I hope it's true. But it seems pretty un-Fox like to say anything more than "it will be a game time decision"
UOK
Site Admin

This is the first real source I've heard that has come forward with this.