Browns bench Kizer, will start Hogan

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Seems like they're done with Kizer. I don't get it, but whatever.
wab
Mod

Browns are a mess. Kizer wasn't great, but he wasn't the reason they were losing.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I don't get this either ... it's not like the Browns are actually going to win anything this year ... stick with the kid they drafted and let him learn so the offense might be better prepared next year

instead, they will start next season the same as this one ... hell, wouldn't surprise me if they drafted another QB

the one saving grace - the ineptitude of the Cleveland Browns organization makes our guys at Halas Hall look like Mensa candidates in comparison
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I am sure eventually they will go back to him. Hogan may or may not be the answer as well. They don't stick with it long enough to actually know.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Browns to start rookie QB DeShone Kizer vs. Vikings
Cleveland Browns rookie DeShone Kizer, who was benched in the second half after throwing two interceptions last week, will make his second straight start Sunday, against the Minnesota Vikings, coach Hue Jackson said.

It's the second time in three games that Kizer has been pulled. Cody Kessler took his place in Sunday's 12-9 overtime loss. Kizer also has been benched for Kevin Hogan.

"It is another opportunity to go out there and get it right for once," Kizer said about Sunday's game in London. "For me, it is about taking these opportunities that Coach has been able to give me in a league where not a lot of guys get these, and maximizing it for once.

"I feel like I am definitely getting better and I am on the path of evolving myself into a guy who can win in this league, but it is about eliminating, obviously, the turnovers and the plays that are stopping us from winning games and finally going out there and competing in a game. It has been a good three weeks since I have been able to go out there in the fourth quarter and attempt to win a game, and I am looking forward to having a complete game."

Since then-coach Mike Pettine made the decision to bench Brian Hoyer in favor of Johnny Manziel in 2014, the Browns have changed starting quarterbacks in 20 of the past 43 games, through Sunday's loss. Nine of the moves were made because of injury, while 11 were made because of a coaching decision.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

despite never actually accomplishing anything, hue jackson's got the reputation of a good coach.

what my post posits is... what if he isnt? he's certainly a player's coach, and as an OC has done some positive things, but as a HC?
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:despite never actually accomplishing anything, hue jackson's got the reputation of a good coach.

what my post posits is... what if he isnt? he's certainly a player's coach, and as an OC has done some positive things, but as a HC?
I disagree.
He had the Raiders looking respectable at a time when they were nothing but trash...went 8-8 at the time.
Then he went to Cincy and made the very average Red Rifle look respectable for a number of years
Now he has the Browns. As bad as the Bears have been since Lovie, The Browns have been worse and for a lot longer. We see what turning over a bad roster takes, and the Browns roster is much worse. Everything from botched 1st round picks to salary mismanagement and FA's with a choice historically not wanting to play there.
Add to that, they play the Steelers, Raven and Bengals twice, all of whom are difficult opponents even when they're not playoff teams.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Wounded Bear
MVP

Last edited by Wounded Bear on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

The last time Cleveland did anything correct was when they hired Bellicheat, but then they corrected that correct action and fired him.