Ugly fight in stands mars Panthers game

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

follow the story link to see the video of the incident

Ugly fight in stands mars Panthers game
Even as the NFL and CBS celebrated another ratings increase for “Thursday Night Football,” up 7 percent over last year, an ugly in-stadium event is a reminder of why, for many NFL fans, the TV experience is far preferable to the in-person one.

Instagram video shows a younger Carolina Panthers fan getting in the face of an older one.

dude bro & his chicka were standing for the entire game. words gradually got more and more escalated. there previously was a single mom and her son between us, they left halfway through the 3rd. after that, the lid was off. the dude took offense to the couple never sitting down and obstructing his view. the victim telling the dude bro how they’re being jerks and how rude they are for not sitting. the dude bro turns around and calls the victim a “geriatric fuck”, “faggot”, and “hick”. then sucker punches him right in the face. i don’t know if he got away or left in handcuffs, but i hope it’s the latter. edit: to clarify further, both the puncher and punchee were wearing Panthers attire. The assailant was seated in section 541, row 24, seat 10.

The Panthers released a statement on Friday afternoon saying they had identified the perpetrator and were working with local authorities to pursue charges:

Panthers statement pic.twitter.com/lyNzX4zGgL

— Bill Voth (@PanthersBill) October 13, 2017

The person who filmed the video noted in his caption the guy who had thrown the punch had been standing for the entire game, repeatedly ignoring the requests from fans behind them to sit down. When the younger fan fired off the punch, he hustled right out of the area, but whether he was arrested or escaped remains open. Given the exact details of the seating as well as the very clear visual depiction of the guy throwing the punch, this ought to be a pretty easy collar for Charlotte police.

“We are aware of it and are in contact with club security,” NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said, per Pro Football Talk. “We have robust security plans in place at all of our games. … We take all of these very seriously.”

the video shows a coward throwing a few sucker punches into the face of an older guy
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

I think I read he was arrested and charged with simple assault whatever the hell that means
wab
Mod

Video was crazy. Blood was pouring out of the old dude’s face. Punk ass kid drilled him and everyone just stood there.
UOK
Site Admin

It was an ugly watch. Old guy took 3-4 sucker punches right to his damn face.

I feel like that's such a bad idea, punching at somebody while your back is to a bunch of stairs and chairs, and beyond that a precipice where you fall to a likely coma, if not death.

No doubt that guy was shitfaced, though, and from what I read about the whole "not-sitting" situation, he deserved worse than just an assault charge. Guy probably gets charged with assault all the time.