Papa Johns takes crappy pizza away from NFL

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:I have never had papa johns. The NFL is not to blame for poor sales though.

As far as him being a douche. I searched him, and other then political opinions I don't see what you mean. Some of the articles about his opinions seem to have dramatic headlines but when I read them the quoted material wasn't. Maybe i didn't read enough.

He does look like a douche, and in your personal interaction he was a douche. So I don't doubt the he is.
his biggest douche move was trying to get out of paying health benefits for employees during the Affordable Care Act starting up, claiming it will cost him too much and make him have to raise pizza prices ... don't want to get too deep into that as it will turn this into a political thread ... but the links are out there if you want to look

but the owner of a billion dollar business crying poor if he has to pay health benefits to workers just screams douche
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Pizza Hut CEO Says Sales Unimpacted by NFL Ratings Despite Papa John's Claims
Yum Brands CEO Greg Creed said Thursday that he has seen no negative effects from the company being associated with the NFL or other sports leagues.

According to Kate Taylor of Business Insider, Creed said, "We're not seeing impact on any of that on our business," in specific reference to Pizza Hut, which is among the companies under the Yum Brands umbrella.

Creed's comments came after Papa John's founder John Schnatter said Wednesday that the NFL has hurt his business due to national anthem protests and other issues between the players and league leadership, per ESPN's Darren Rovell.

Creed noted that Pizza Hut's affiliation with the NFL, MLB and NCAA has been beneficial from a sales perspective.
uh oh ... looks like

if I had to choose between the 2, Pizza Hut wins my vote
George Carlin
Wounded Bear
MVP

He's part of the Donald Trump crowd and this undoubtedly is part of a coordinated attack on the black players trying to bring attention to police misbehavior.

This maneuver should backfire in John Schnatter's plastic surgery altered face.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Wounded Bear
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:I have never had papa johns. The NFL is not to blame for poor sales though.

As far as him being a douche. I searched him, and other then political opinions I don't see what you mean. Some of the articles about his opinions seem to have dramatic headlines but when I read them the quoted material wasn't. Maybe i didn't read enough.

He does look like a douche, and in your personal interaction he was a douche. So I don't doubt the he is.
his biggest douche move was trying to get out of paying health benefits for employees during the Affordable Care Act starting up, claiming it will cost him too much and make him have to raise pizza prices ... don't want to get too deep into that as it will turn this into a political thread ... but the links are out there if you want to look

but the owner of a billion dollar business crying poor if he has to pay health benefits to workers just screams douche
Yes, yes, I remember. The 8% increase in pizza cost he claimed would ruin his business. A pizza which cost $10.00 is now $10.80 and that additional 80 cents would be enough to stop people from buying his cardboard pizza...

The only thing John Schnatter has accomplished is making the simple decision to purchase a pizza from one of his franchises a potentially political one.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
docc
Head Coach

..Met him in a business meeting..
A DOUCHEBAG,,

Just one guys opinion..
As a 1st gen Dago..
A shit alleged pizza..
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:

Oh I saw that but several companies said/ did similar things so it didn't register. Clearly he was more out spoken. Plus my opinions on the matter are different.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Wounded Bear wrote:This maneuver should backfire in John Schnatter's plastic surgery altered face.
sales are even further down and they have now been endorsed as the sort of official pizza of the neo-nazi alt right

which has led to an apology (sort of) :

Papa John's apologizes for criticizing NFL anthem protests
“We believe in the right to protest inequality and support the players’ movement to create a new platform for change. We also believe, as Americans, we should honor our anthem. There is a way to do both.”

Papa John’s added that it is “open to ideas from all. Except neo-Nazis.” It previously has tried to distance itself from white supremacists who praised Schnatter’s comments, saying it does not want those groups to buy its pizza.

The company’s stock has fallen by nearly 13 percent since Schnatter’s comments.
I think the driving force behind this is more their continued stock drop than anything else
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Just heard over the lunch hour on the radio, one of Papa John's biggest partner's/investors is none other than....................................................................................................................................................................................................................Jerry Jones.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The facts are that I’ve spent my life, the last 28 to 30 years of my life, being knee-deep and immersed in anything and everything I can do for the Cowboys and through that the NFL. On the other hand, I am a joint owner of the businesses of 120 Papa John’s stores here in Texas
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/11 ... -american/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:
The facts are that I’ve spent my life, the last 28 to 30 years of my life, being knee-deep and immersed in anything and everything I can do for the Cowboys and through that the NFL. On the other hand, I am a joint owner of the businesses of 120 Papa John’s stores here in Texas
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/11 ... -american/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so I suppose the speculation is Jones had plastic face make his anti-NFL statements because it would pain Goodell, and perhaps assist Jones in his current feud about Goodell's contract
George Carlin