Confirmed: Deshaun Watson tears ACL

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Non-contact in practice... fucking awful. Sucks so hard for the kid.

UOK please feel free to update the topic and this post.
Last edited by G08 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
UOK
Site Admin

Damn, that's brutal.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Texans are probably praying to every god there is it is just a sprain

Texans fear Deshaun Watson suffered torn ACL, per report
The Houston Texans are holding out hope that their high-flying offense hasn't taken a devastating hit.

The team fears that rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament at practice Thursday, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Watson is expected to undergo an MRI to determine the extent of the injury, per the report.

The No. 12 overall pick in the NFL draft out of Clemson, Watson took over for Tom Savage midway through the Texans' season-opening loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars and hasn't looked back. He is tied for the NFL lead in passing touchdowns (19) with the Philadelphia Eagles' Carson Wentz, while Houston leads the NFL in scoring with 30.7 points per game.
haven't seen any updates regarding the MRI or when it is scheduled ... I'd imagine they'd want to do it soon, but that also depends on the swelling as to when they can get a good picture
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

god damnit
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

looks like the worst news is confirmed

Texans QB Deshaun Watson tears ACL in practice
One of the most memorable rookie seasons in memory has been cruelly cut short.

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson suffered a torn ACL in practice Thursday, sources informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo. Watson's remarkable rookie season is over.

An MRI on the knee confirmed the full extent of the injury, Rapoport reported. He suffered the injury on a non-contact play, Rapoport added. He faces an 8-9 month rehabilitation and should be back in time for the start of the 2018 season.
that is just terrible ... I wish him well on his recovery
George Carlin
Funkster
MVP

Man this sucks. I was pulling for this kid to stay healthy. That game against the Hawks was an awesome display of his talent. My son and I were just talking about him yesterday. He was saying how he's a shoe in for rookie of the year to which I agreed, but also added we've seen a player much like Watson in RG3 and historically these type of QB's don't have long careers. Let's not forget the work he has done off the field too, the NFL needs players like Waston.

Here's to a full recovery :toast:
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
wab
Mod

Damn....just saw this during TNF.
docc
Head Coach

Sorry to read about Watson..a REAL talent and great person.. Hope he comes back even better..
UH..except when he plays the Bears..
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Did they say if it's same ACL he tore in college?
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Sucks.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

bearsfaninaz wrote:Did they say if it's same ACL he tore in college?
opposite one apparently.
i was wondering that too, because if pace drafted him (with a previous acl injury) and he has a second one, i think the crowds would be out with torches and pitchforks today.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Pre draft I said that Watson had the best resume of the rookie QB's, and for not being a Bear, I enjoyed watching him play this year. Sad for the guy to go on IR with a non contact injury.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm waiting for the lazy RGIII comps to start.

Yes, they're both black.

Yes, they're both athletic.

No, Deshaun Watson isn't a scumbag like RGIII. He's literally on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Got more attached to him than I wanted to during the draft process last off-season... hope the kid comes out of this stronger.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote:Pre draft I said that Watson had the best resume of the rookie QB's, and for not being a Bear, I enjoyed watching him play this year. Sad for the guy to go on IR with a non contact injury.

a non contact injury during practice ... that's what has to be the most agonizing part of it
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

it fucking owns that basically the only thing the texans could do to save their season is sign kaep and they wont for obvious reasons. they just dumped mcgloin and signed josh fucking johnson.

mcnair could also save A METRIC SHIT TON of face with the team by signing kaep, but he wont. it's fucking awesome.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I had two concerns with Watson coming in. His propensity to throw interceptions in college and his slight frame. He reminds me a lot of teddy bridgewater and RGIII with his frame.

Not saying it was a guarantee but it sure seems like slighter frame guys get hurt more often in the game. But, his was non contact so IDK.

Sucks for him and the texans.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:Did they say if it's same ACL he tore in college?
opposite one apparently.
i was wondering that too, because if pace drafted him (with a previous acl injury) and he has a second one, i think the crowds would be out with torches and pitchforks today.
I was thinking the same thing on the previous injury and high pick. Meatballs would be marching on Halas Hall.