NFL's Ratings Fall for Second Year

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:I wonder if having half time shows worth a damn would make a difference? It seems that no matter which channel you watch on you see the same old vacuous talking head bobbins with no real analysis.

Sure, some might like watching a bunch of stupidly paid old dudes have more fun than their audience but how many variants of that do we need (backed up by shock jock radio hosts). Isn't there room for one xs and os broadcast?
somebody give brett kollmann a damn show on nfln!
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:Celebrity death match at half time of every game to increase ratings.

ah ... but with real celebrities instead of the clay-mation ones?
Exactly, lol. Fan polling data to determine matchups. Mandatory appearance or expulsion from the country.
malk
Head Coach

Atkins&Rebel wrote:
malk wrote:I wonder if having half time shows worth a damn would make a difference? It seems that no matter which channel you watch on you see the same old vacuous talking head bobbins with no real analysis.

Sure, some might like watching a bunch of stupidly paid old dudes have more fun than their audience but how many variants of that do we need (backed up by shock jock radio hosts). Isn't there room for one xs and os broadcast?
Tony Romo might be the experiment this year...and people either love him or hate him for giving those x's and o's insights during the game
I think that's a bit different. I don't mind it myself but the focus during the game needs to be on the action and immediate. During the breaks you can take more time to analyse and it might not annoy those who think the in game stuff gets in the way.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)