Packers cut Bennett.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ay-packers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So that happened.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago

The #Packers paid TE Martellus Bennett $8M of his 3-year, $21M contract. The only tangible benefit to cutting him with the failure to disclose is if they argue his entire contract is void & go after his money. This isn’t over just yet.

oooooooooohhhhh yeah lets get some intrigue in here.

my theory is he rightly called out refusing to sign kaep and tanking the season with brett hundley as bullshit and got canned. (yeah i'll keep fucking this chicken)
UOK
Site Admin

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
NFL wire confirms that Bennett has been cut with failure to disclose injury designation. Bennett is a vested veteran so his 2017 salary is guaranteed, but #Packers undoubtedly will file to get
back remaining portion and remaining pro-rated signing bonus ($4.2 million) from him.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

To no surprise, Bennett disputes that he hid anything from the team.

Bennett practiced throughout the offseason and training camp, and he appeared in seven regular-season games. Only after he expressed an intention to retire following the season did his shoulder become an issue. Whether it became an issue for Bennett or the team or both is irrelevant; it wasn’t an issue before that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... condition/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Failure to disclose is just a ploy to try to get money back and stick it to Bennett for being a d-bag bad teammate and a general pain in the ass.

The real reason he got cut is he flat out sucked, even with goldy locks boyfriend throwing him the football.
BR0D1E86
MVP

I hope he's done in the NFL and his brother follows. I'm done with listening to the stupid Bennett brothers being morons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G08
Hall of Famer

Every team he has been on eventually has told him to go fuck himself.

Just like Brandon Marshall.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Every team he has been on eventually has told him to go fuck himself.

Just like Brandon Marshall.
except the pats, who are always the exception to the rule.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

speaking of the Patriots :

Martellus Bennett Claimed on Waivers by Patriots After Being Released by Packers
Following a disappointing spell with the Green Bay Packers, Martellus Bennett will look to get his 2017 season back on track with the New England Patriots.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Patriots claimed Bennett off waivers Thursday. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirmed the move.

Bennett battled a shoulder injury that forced him to miss Green Bay's Week 9 defeat to the Detroit Lions. The injury would've ruled him out for the team's Week 10 matchup with the Chicago Bears if he had remained on the team long enough.

Between his shoulder injury, lack of production and a possible eye toward retirement, some may question whether Bennett can make an impact for the Patriots in the middle of the season.

But the 10-year veteran is only a season removed from helping the Patriots win a Super Bowl and being among the NFL's best tight ends. Pro Football Talk also posited Aaron Rodgers' broken collarbone sapped Bennett's motivation:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Simplest explanation: Once Aaron Rodgers was injured, Martellus Bennett no longer wanted to be in Green Bay.
11/8/2017, 5:41:39 PM
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like some Packer doctor quackery.
G08
Hall of Famer

I love it, distract the fuck outta them Marty!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

UOK
Site Admin

More:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Yeah. My shoulder is so hurt I need surgery. Next day practicing with Patriots lol. Such a horrible liar he is.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

SO, I'm not going to argue that TBU isnt lacking in tact, or a certain degree of outward professionalness... I think he's a guy who suffers from a bad case of not-quite-as-smart-as-he-thinks-he-is. Which we're all guilty of from time to time! At least i am.

BUT we as fans tend to not think of the NFL as a job in the traditional sense. Which it is, and all that bullshit about it being "a privilege" is just mythology peddled by the owners to keep costs down, and eaten up by fans because we're desperate for meaning in our lives. (atkins rebel i know you disagree, go away). If we admit to ourselves how hollow and idiotic every facet of the NFL is, and then try to square that with the insane amount of time we dedicate towards said NFL every week, well, then we might be forced to think about something real, like 21 million starving Yemenis dying of cholera.

WITH THAT SAID, my read of the situation is that an outspoken guy like Marty saw that the packers were going nowhere, BECAUSE they refused to consider Kaepernick. We here can debate the merits of Kaep's ability all we want, but loads of NFL players have come out saying that he deserves a job and that carries infinitely more weight. The Texan's and the Broncos and the Packer's seasons are lost! And Blaine fucking Gabbert will be starting in Arizona next week! Fuck that shit.

So we expect him to load himself up with horse tranqulizers doing irreparable damage to his body every week and play for a lost season because why? IT'S A PRIVILEGE. THE NFL TELLS US SO CONSTANTLY.

Am I the only one here who's left a job because it felt hopeless? I feel like I'm reading this completely opposite of everyone else. If you care about a job, but feel like your superiors are fucking things up, it eats away at you something fierce.

So Marty needed surgery, but went to a new competently run organization and decided to fight through it.