JJ Watt becomes 2018 Walter Payton Man of the Year

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

http://www.nfl.com/manoftheyear" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to see a list of every teams nominee.

Personally I'm a sucker for anyone who tries to do stuff with kids facing serious things like cancer and whatnot, and I personally give very generously to the make a wish foundation every year. The video at the top of the page gives a peak at Eli Manning's generosity to the children's wing at the hospital.

With that said, after reading through everyone's charity profile, I can't vote give the award to anyone other than JJ Watt. The sheer weight of the 37 million raised for the hurricane relief plus what he does listed here:
J.J.'s dedication to charitable service began at a young age when the thought of being in the NFL was still just a dream. He started the Justin J. Watt Foundation in Wisconsin in 2010 out of a desire to help underserved kids. His personal motto of "Dream Big, Work Hard" culminated into a mission that he continues to use to impact communities nationwide. The foundation has provided over $3.4 million in funding to middle schools and organizations that have insufficient funding for after-school athletic programs or no after-school athletics whatsoever for 6th - 8th grade children. While his fans enjoy reading about J.J.'s community efforts, his favorite moments typically take place behind the scenes. He lives for the days that he is able to sneak into the back door of a local hospital to spend an afternoon bringing smiles to children receiving care. In addition, J.J. regularly works with organizations, such as Make-A-Wish, to create special experiences for children whose only desire is to spend the day with him. J.J. has shown passion and authentic care for his teammates, coaches and supporters, and that same spirit applies in his charitable initiatives and his desire to help others reach their goals and achieve their dreams.
Last edited by Atkins&Rebel on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Michael Fucking Bennett?

Ate you fucking kidding me? Fuck that guy lieing divisive fuck.
BR0D1E86
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:Michael Fucking Bennett?

Ate you fucking kidding me? Fuck that guy lieing divisive fuck.
Michael Bennett got nominated? My feelings are similar to yours but more profane.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Not a shocker by any means. They guy went above and beyond to help his city recover from devastation. Some times just lending your celebrity status and showing some hustle can work wonders.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I can't stand JJ Watt. I'm not sure where I'd rank him, but he's up there (down there actually) with Aaron Rodgers, Sean Payton, Cam Newton and Jon Gruden in terms of NFL personalities that I can't stand.

That being said he did help a lot of disadvantaged people.
wab
Mod

JJ Watt more than deserves this. Dude is one of the best players/people in the NFL.
BR0D1E86
MVP

I friggin love JJ Watt. If he was on the Bears he’d be my favorite player of all time, most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk