Sean Payton, Pete Carroll among coaches fined $10K

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Sean Payton, Pete Carroll among coaches fined $10K
New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton and Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll have each been fined $10,000 by the NFL for improperly entering the playing field during games, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Friday, per a source informed of the situation.

Jacksonville Jaguars offensive line coach Pat Flaherty and Jaguars wide receiver coach Keenan McCardell were also fined $10,000 for the same violation.

Payton was flagged late in the fourth quarter of last Thursday's loss to the Atlanta Falcons for unsportsmanlike conduct.

"I called a timeout, and then [the referee] asked me again and I said I've already called the timeout," Payton said after the game, explaining why he was penalized. "Probably said it with a little bit more vigor than I was supposed to, but I had enough. I have to be smarter than that."

Carroll was also penalized late in the fourth quarter of Seattle's loss to the Jaguars for unsportsmanlike conduct. Two Seahawks defenders, Sheldon Richardson and Quinton Jefferson, were penalized and suspended, and a third member of the Seahawks, Michael Bennett, was penalized after consecutive scrums erupted while Jacksonville was in victory formation. The players involved have yet to be fined.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

lollll

sean payton makes 8 mil a year. fining him 10k is like fining me 20 bucks.