- Steve Wilks (Cardinals)
- Pat Shurmur (Giants)
- Matt Patricia (Lions)
- John DeFilippo (Vikings OC)

Extended
- Jets coach Todd Bowles, G.M. Mike Maccagnan
- Bill O'Brien
- Marvin Lewis
Last edited by Rusty Trombagent on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

First big hire of the season is GM Dave Gettleman by the Giants:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/28/dave- ... manager-gm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basically the GM version of John Fox.
mshu7
Pro Bowler

Jets just extended the contracts of the GM and Bowells through 2020.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Shu
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

mshu7 wrote:Jets just extended the contracts of the GM and Bowells through 2020.

is the jets roster in a better spot than it was 3 seasons ago?
mshu7
Pro Bowler

Not sure about the Jet's roster, but the Bears roster is definitely in a better spot! ;)
-Shu
BR0D1E86
MVP

Koetter is being retained in Tampa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G08
Hall of Famer

What jobs are going to be open for sure?

Chicago
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
NY Giants

Arizona?
Cleveland?
Detroit?
Tennessee?
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote:Koetter is being retained in Tampa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Albert Breer‏ @AlbertBreer

Bucs are hanging on to coach Dirk Koetter for 2018, as @NFLSTROUD said.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:What jobs are going to be open for sure?

Chicago
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
NY Giants

Arizona?
Cleveland?
Detroit?
Tennessee?
raiders and denver are dark horses as well. vance joseph after a year would be ridiculous but i dont hold elway in very high regard.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Florio with a good summation of possible firings:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ter-focus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here’s a list of the coaches who remain on the hot seat, with no eleventh-hour effort to give them a reprieve.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis: His contract expires after Week 17. Though he has addressed his future status and plans several times, the Bengals haven’t said a word about whether they want him back.

Colts coach Chuck Pagano: He delivered what was interpreted by some to be a farewell address this week. Ownership has said or done nothing to contradict the widespread belief that Pagano will be out after six years.

Texans coach Bill O’Brien: O’Brien has said he’s not quitting, but the Texans haven’t said they aren’t firing him. There’s a belief that O’Brien will be back without an extension on a contract with one year remaining, as each side waits for the other side to be the one to end a relationship that remains dysfunctional.

Titans coach Mike Mularkey: Some believe that a failure to make it to the playoffs means he won’t be back. The Titans have said nothing to push back against this possibility.

Raiders coach Jack Del Rio: Believed as of a week ago to be a 50-50 shot at sticking around, owner Mark Davis has not declared that Del Rio definitely will return in 2018.

Broncos coach Vance Joseph: Eight double-digit losses and four losses by 20 or more points could mean that Joseph will be one and done in Denver. G.M. John Elway has said he’ll wait until after the season before making any final decisions. A day before the finale, Joseph’s fate already may be sealed.

Bears coach John Fox: If Fox weren’t out after three disappointing seasons on the job, someone with the Bears surely would have said so by now.

Lions coach Jim Caldwell: Ownership and G.M. Bob Quinn declined to comment on Caldwell’s status after last week’s postseason-killing loss to the Bengals. Their silence since then has become even more deafening.

Not on this list is Browns coach Hue Jackson, because ownership has said publicly and privately that Jackson will be back. However, a loss on Sunday means an 0-16 season. Which could make it even easier for new G.M. John Dorsey to make a case for change.

That leaves the current list of potential new members of the FFCA at nine. With an asterisk for the surprise firing/resignation/retirement that always seems to happen.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:
mshu7 wrote:Jets just extended the contracts of the GM and Bowells through 2020.

is the jets roster in a better spot than it was 3 seasons ago?
Possibly on defense. Trimming off the malcontents and former 1t rounders that didn't pan out and replacing former top talent that just wasn't getting it done any more.

They have a long way to go on offense though. They could be better off bringing in Alex Smith and drafting Sankey than trying to draft a QB.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Rumours this morning, before the games get going:

-Bill O'Brien gets one more year (per adam schefter)
-Bruce Arians likely to step down (per adam schefter)
-Gruden to Raiders is heating up! (ugh)
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

-Ian Rapoport saying Caldwell's getting the axe after the game, and Jim Bob Cooter is getting promoted (although he also said Matt Patricia is in serious consideration). (Their GM, Bob Quinn, is ex patriots front office)
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Pagano out!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-in-indy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Del Rio out!
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... k-del-rio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(and here's your reminder that the raiders signed jack to a 4 year contract extension earlier this season)
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:Image

Del Rio out!
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... k-del-rio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(and here's your reminder that the raiders signed jack to a 4 year contract extension earlier this season)
We could do worse than him as a DC
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
MoFugger
Head Coach

Atkins&Rebel wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:Image

Del Rio out!

We could do worse than him as a DC
You need to go sit in a corner.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Damn, did you guys see? Jim Caldwell absolutely lost his shit when they told him this morning he was fired!

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Vance Joseph gets another year

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -for-2018/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wab
Mod

Arians to retire.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Arians to retire.
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
#AZCardinals coach Bruce Arians officially retires in an emotional press conference. “It’s been a great ride. … I will miss the game.”
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Arians to retire.
What might have been with that guy a few years ago huh?

Sad. Hopefully he's happy with his decision.
UOK
Site Admin

With regards to Arians and the Bears management style, they WANTED HIM TO DO A MOCK PRESS CONFERENCE.

You fucking kidding me? He allegedly just laughed and withdrew his name from consideration.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:With regards to Arians and the Bears management style, they WANTED HIM TO DO A MOCK PRESS CONFERENCE.

You fucking kidding me? He allegedly just laughed and withdrew his name from consideration.
LOLLLLLLL so fuckin good

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/10/29/ ... ith-bears/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For one, (Arians) was asked to do a mock news conference in the course of his interview. Apparently it wasn’t enough that he was the reigning coach of the year after taking over the Colts and had been doing news conferences all year.

The mock news conference was a variation on the actual news conferences that the Bears requested of Smith and runner-up Russ Grimm in 2004 after failing to come to terms with Nick Saban. The message is that perception matters as much as performance to the Bears.
UOK
Site Admin

RustyTrubisky wrote:
UOK wrote:With regards to Arians and the Bears management style, they WANTED HIM TO DO A MOCK PRESS CONFERENCE.

LOLLLLLLL so fuckin good

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/10/29/ ... ith-bears/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For one, (Arians) was asked to do a mock news conference in the course of his interview. Apparently it wasn’t enough that he was the reigning coach of the year after taking over the Colts and had been doing news conferences all year.

The mock news conference was a variation on the actual news conferences that the Bears requested of Smith and runner-up Russ Grimm in 2004 after failing to come to terms with Nick Saban. The message is that perception matters as much as performance to the Bears.

Jackass, bullshit organization. Goddamn McCaskey and Phillips jackassery.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
Jackass, bullshit organization. Goddamn McCaskey and Phillips jackassery.

If you know only one thing about Bruce Arians, know that we pulled this little league shit, and he made a jerk off motion and said fuck off.
wab
Mod

If I had to guess, I'd say it shakes out like this...

Oakland - Jon Gruden (so dumb)
Detroit - Teryl Austin (keeps Stafford happy with the majority of the staff in place)
Chicago - John DiFilippo (makes too much sense)
New York Giants - Matt Patricia (they want so badly to be the Pats)
Inidianapolis - Dave Toub (the Ballard connection is there and Nagy might not be ready)
Arizona - Pat Shurmur (respected and somewhat established coach that will have a QB in his pocket)

Leaves Nagy and McDaniels on the outside looking in. Nagy and McDaniels both seem like good candidates to stick around their current teams and potentially take over for their head coaches at some point.

I think there's too much about Reich and his personality that teams aren't going to like.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

jesus christ, the bengals just extended marvin lewis 2 more years.

those poor fans.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

today the titans regret to inform you that as much as they'd like to fire mularkey, it'd be a real bad look.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:today the titans regret to inform you that as much as they'd like to fire mularkey, it'd be a real bad look.
Mike Mularkey, unceremoniously canned!