Schefter: Raiders to hire (again) Jon Gruden

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:they just have to insult some black dude by pretending to interview him first.
if i was doug whaley i'd make this my cottage industry, just every january charge teams to interview me for gm/head coach positions.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-g-m-job/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Richie
MVP

The best part about the Gruden hire, is that we don't have to listen meatball fans from every fan-base during the off-season gripe for their team to hire him. Including this one... Particularly during the back-end of the Lovie era, I remember quite a bit of that.
YOGABBA
Rookie

The Marshall Plan:

I have to respond this way, because of restricted access by the mods, so I apologize that this looks odd.

Maybe overhyped is a better way to describe Gruden? The post after you by wab mentions Jeff Fisher and Brian Billick, but those two aren't routinely courted over the years the way Gruden has been (Maybe Billick, but you don't really hear about it). Fisher seemingly stays around like a cockroach, but people don't fawn over him like they do John Gruden.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Richie wrote:The best part about the Gruden hire, is that we don't have to listen meatball fans from every fan-base during the off-season gripe for their team to hire him. Including this one... Particularly during the back-end of the Lovie era, I remember quite a bit of that.
yep
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS