NFL Divisional Round

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Richie
MVP

Otis Day wrote:Because a dumbass can't make a damn tackle. I am pissed at the stupidity and piss poor tackling of an NFL player. His ass would be cut right now. If the guy makes the easy tackle that it was, it would be just a ho hum finish.
He's been really, really good all season.

Inexcusable, but I get what he was trying to do. Get under Diggs and flip his legs from under him, so his momentum doesn't carry him out of bounds.
MoFugger
Head Coach

Richie wrote:
Richie wrote:Philly 26
Atlanta 23

Consensus far too heavy on Atlanta for my liking. I think Foles is better than he showed the last two weeks of the season. At home, rested and feeling disrespected as the underdog. The Eagles pull a late victory out.

New England 51
Tennessee 17

No need to elaborate. Tennessee their wad last week. Not that they would have a shot at New England anyway.

Jacksonville 23
Pittsburgh 17

Jacksonville D plays stellar, again at Heinz. Bortles plays better, and Fournette gets it done on the ground. Jags pull the upset of the post-season.

Minnesota 20
New Orleans 16

In the best game of the weekend, Minnesota D gets it done at home.
Not bad... eh? ;)
I don't think anybody would have predicted nearly 90 points combined in the Pittsburgh/Jacksonville game.
But yeah, you pretty much had it pegged.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Richie
MVP

MoFugger wrote:
Richie wrote:
Richie wrote:Philly 26
Atlanta 23

Consensus far too heavy on Atlanta for my liking. I think Foles is better than he showed the last two weeks of the season. At home, rested and feeling disrespected as the underdog. The Eagles pull a late victory out.

New England 51
Tennessee 17

No need to elaborate. Tennessee their wad last week. Not that they would have a shot at New England anyway.

Jacksonville 23
Pittsburgh 17

Jacksonville D plays stellar, again at Heinz. Bortles plays better, and Fournette gets it done on the ground. Jags pull the upset of the post-season.

Minnesota 20
New Orleans 16

In the best game of the weekend, Minnesota D gets it done at home.
Not bad... eh? ;)
I don't think anybody would have predicted nearly 90 points combined in the Pittsburgh/Jacksonville game.
But yeah, you pretty much had it pegged.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Yeah, that was definitely something. I stacked the Steelers and Fournette in a FanDuel lineup, though. Won a little cash from the weekend. The Diggs TD actually ate into my winnings and really sucked. Still, that was a classic moment, so I can deal with it.

I think that's the most shocked I've ever been by an ending to a football game. The notion of them scoring, or even trying to score on that play hadn't even entered my mind. Nor did it Keenum, if you listen to his presser. He was talking about how he was hoping Diggs would be able to get out of bounds.

Absolutely unbelievable.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Ormazd wrote:Greatest playoff finish since the Immaculate Reception. Insane!
What a game! That's the best finish to a playoff game I can remember. Hopefully the Eagles can knock the Vikings out next week so I don't have to listen to the whole home town team in the Super Bowl crap.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

They have Reggie Bush's reaction to it live on nfl.com videos...pretty funny
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

I dunno, I find myself rooting for the Vikings over the Eagles for some reason. I'd like the Jags to win the whole thing so Bortles can give the world a giant middle finger...but that's likely not going to happen.

The Vikes would give the Pats a better game than the Eagles I think.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i cant knock keenum too much because they're getting it done, but man he throws up some floaters that his wr's bail him out on. every time i see him play i think man, this cant last, some fast defense is going to come in and destroy him. i still think that offense has a better shot against the pats/jags, but i wouldnt put any money on them.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:
Otis Day wrote:Because a dumbass can't make a damn tackle. I am pissed at the stupidity and piss poor tackling of an NFL player. His ass would be cut right now. If the guy makes the easy tackle that it was, it would be just a ho hum finish.
He's been really, really good all season.

Inexcusable, but I get what he was trying to do. Get under Diggs and flip his legs from under him, so his momentum doesn't carry him out of bounds.

I too get what he was trying to do ... but to the point Otis made, it was a piss poor effort

why didn't he even make contact? because his head was down, not even looking at the guy he was trying to hit, and just threw his body at a space he thought the receiver would be ... as a bonus to the whiff, he did manage to block his only team mate who maybe could have chased down Diggs

head up, looking at what he was hitting, he brings the guy down in bounds, game over, Saints win ... so none of the good he did during the year is going to be remembered, but that single dumbass effort that took his team out of the playoffs will be
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:Image
I would say that's pretty accurate. Jags are for real man. Although you will never win BECAUSE of Bortles, its clear you can win with him.

of all the games being played, Jaguars/Steelers is not the one I would have picked as a high scoring shootout

and in regards to Bortles, he engineered a pretty damn nice drive to get them to 42 points

and if you're the Steelers and you have no idea how to execute an onside kick, why try? there was enough time if they had kicked it deep and stopped Jacksonvile ... and the easy field goal they gave up as a result ended up being the winning points

so I agree with that pic and sentiment - Steelers were not prepared for this game
George Carlin
Road
Pro Bowler

marcus williams is the new bill buckner
http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-vikin ... le/2011151" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Richie
MVP

wab wrote:I dunno, I find myself rooting for the Vikings over the Eagles for some reason. I'd like the Jags to win the whole thing so Bortles can give the world a giant middle finger...but that's likely not going to happen.

The Vikes would give the Pats a better game than the Eagles I think.
Agreed. I find Keenum's personality and story to make him extremely like-able.

I also like Thielen and Diggs. That defense is cool, because it's completely homegrown draft talent that they built from the ground up.

I really like Zimmer as a coach too.

Hard to really hate them, IMO. Philly fans suck, in my experience. I know I'm not the only one to come to that conclusion. F em
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

The entire side of my mom's family is from Minnesota. While a handful of them are obnoxious as Viking fans and I can''t stand them, my mom is a lifelong Vikings fan. Just for that, I wouldn't hate the Vikings winning a Super Bowl.

Especially if they took the Patriots down along the way.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Screw the vikings!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I'll root for the Vikings only so I can see them go 0-5 in Super Bowls ... and losing to the Jaguars will only make it sweeter

(yes, I am looking for Jacksonville to score the biggest upset of the post season)
George Carlin
wab
Mod

I think the Jags are going to be a nightmare for the Pats offense, I just wonder if the Jags have enough firepower to win (I hope they do).