Giants to hire Pat Shurmur

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... 79286297=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

man, titans fire their coach and everyone starts screaming MINE!
UOK
Site Admin

RustyTrubisky wrote:man, titans fire their coach and everyone starts screaming MINE!
Well sure. Makes total sense.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Pat Shurmur: We will hold Odell Beckham to Giants standards
Giants co-owner John Mara, on the day Pat Shurmur was introduced as the 18th head coach in franchise history, reiterated his desire to have Odell Beckham Jr. part of the team for years to come. But, Mara cautioned, the new coach and the star wide receiver need to meet, sit down and discuss what Shurmur and the Giants expect from Beckham moving forward.

“We’ll deal with that at the appropriate time,’’ Mara said Friday on a contract extension for Beckham. “That’s not necessarily right now, I’ve said before, many times, we want him to be a Giant and we’ll get something done at some point in time. I want first Pat to sit down with him and for them to have a good understanding about how we’re gonna act going forward. I have a lot of confidence that’s going to work out well, but we’ll see.’’

Shurmur said Beckham will have a “clean slate’’ as the new coach takes over. He was the Eagles offensive coordinator when Beckham was a draft prospect from LSU and said “we loved him as a player.’’ Shurmur also said it does not take an offensive genius to realize “It makes sense to throw him the football.’’

As for Beckham’s much-publicized and oft-criticized antics, it does not seem as if Shurmur, 52, is going to tolerate much, or any, nonsense. In his praise of Beckham’s talent, Shurmur also said “when you throw out all that other stuff.’’

Said Shurmur, “I need to talk to him about what we’re looking for from a guy who plays on the New York Giants.’’

Speaking of dealing with players in general and not specifically Beckham, Shurmur said “I have zero tolerance for people who don’t compete, zero tolerance for people who don’t give effort, and zero tolerance for people who have a lack of respect.’’
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Not once during this offseason have I looked at another team and thought, "Oh man I wished we hired that guy instead of the one we got."

I think Pace has gotten the best one so far and I'm thinking it stays that way.

I never wanted Shurmur; too worried about how that defense inflated the offenses performance.
wab
Mod

Shurmur is a good coach. He’s going to do well there.