AFC -

Image @ Image

NFC -

Image @ Image
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

let me be the first to proclaim Jacksonville as the team about to score the biggest upset in the post season by beating the New England Bradys at their house

AND they will then go on to provide the Vikings with their 5th Super Bowl loss

maybe this decision has been influenced by outside sources ... Image ... maybe not

GO JAGS!
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I am going with the Pats over the Jags. As tough as the Jag D is, I see McDaniels and Brady doing what they need to do for the win. I see the Pat D stepping up as well and shutting the Jag O down completely (almost).

Vikes over Iggles. I was impressed with the Vike O on Sunday. That D, dayamm, lights out this year and it will keep rolling.

Pats v Vikes in Super Bowl.

Pats roll.
wab
Mod

I think the Jags defense is going to be a nightmare for the Pats offense, and Brady has looked mortal. I just wonder if the Jags have enough firepower to win.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Jags Vikes in the Superbowl would be awesome....3-3 in regulation, going to double overtime...game ultimately decided by a safety!
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote:Jags Vikes in the Superbowl would be awesome....3-3 in regulation, going to double overtime...game ultimately decided by a safety!

WOO-HOO!

:thumbsup: :toast: :applaud:
George Carlin
malk
Head Coach

I'm desperately hoping for the Jags just so Bortles becomes the next Flacco and renders them irrelevant for a contract.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
wab
Mod

Bortles is a better QB than Flacco.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Jacksonville at New England:

There's no way that Belichick cannot game plan for Bortles and just shut him down. I can't see the Jags scoring more than 10 points offensively. This'll come down to turnovers which Brady does not commit. Who is going to cover Gronk? Pittsburgh also lit up this "elite" defense.

New England 34
Jacksonville 10

Minnesota at Philadelphia:

I really would like Minnesota to lose this game and I think that's gonna happen. Philly is well coached enough. Foles is playing good enough. The game is also in Philly. Minnesota needed a last second play to squeek by New Orleans with the game in Minnesota.

Philadelphia 24
Minnesota 13
docc
Head Coach

Lord Brady injured today in practice..or a smoke screen by the Dark Emperor..
Richie
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote: There's no way that Belichick cannot game plan for Bortles and just shut him down.
Belichick has lost multiple playoff games to Joe Flacco and Eli Manning.

Mark Sanchez once beat BB in the post-season, while throwing for 3 TD's 0 INT's and a 127 QB rating.

Belichick is probably the greatest HC in the history of football. However, most of the teams to beat NE in the post-season have been defensive teams, who battered Brady around and got efficient performances from less than stellar QB's.
Richie
MVP

I don't give Philly much of a chance at scoring a TD Sunday, much less winning. Foles is a statue in the pocket, and is about to get beaten up badly.

Vikings 23
Eagles 6

I honestly think that I was the first person to hop on the Jags wagon and say they were the toughest matchup for New England. However, I actually lost a little bit of faith in them on Sunday, contrary to many others who seemed to have been impressed.

That D kind of got the doors blown off them by the Pittsburgh offense. They better create some turnovers, and beat up on Tom.

I think this is going to be a really good game, to be honest. However, I have a hard time picking against the Pats at home. I think Jacksonville is a year and a QB away from a Super Bowl.

Pats 27
Jacksonville 16
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:I am going with the Pats over the Jags. As tough as the Jag D is, I see McDaniels and Brady doing what they need to do for the win. I see the Pat D stepping up as well and shutting the Jag O down completely (almost).

let us not forget the Coughlin factor

Coughlin's Giants found ways to beat the Patriots - twice ... and as I recall, the Pats were favored both times in those Super Bowls

and while Coughlin is in the front office rather than on the sidelines in Jacksonville, my guess is he has had some very useful input and influence in the Jacksonville game plan for this weekend
George Carlin
Richie
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
Otis Day wrote:I am going with the Pats over the Jags. As tough as the Jag D is, I see McDaniels and Brady doing what they need to do for the win. I see the Pat D stepping up as well and shutting the Jag O down completely (almost).

let us not forget the Coughlin factor

Coughlin's Giants found ways to beat the Patriots - twice ... and as I recall, the Pats were favored both times in those Super Bowls

and while Coughlin is in the front office rather than on the sidelines in Jacksonville, my guess is he has had some very useful input and influence in the Jacksonville game plan for this weekend
The thing is, that nothing Coughlin did was complicated. It wasn't as though he was deploying some exotic blitz packages or something. The front four beat the shit out of Brady in both games. You need to be able to pressure Brady without bringing extra backers or DB's to generate pressure.

It's not a question of what the Jags want to do. It's a question of whether they can execute it.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Richie wrote:It's not a question of what the Jags want to do. It's a question of whether they can execute it.

well I am going to be rooting for them to do just that

and as fun as it might be for the Vikings to go 0-5 in Super Bowls, upon further review, fuck the Vikings ... Jags / Iggles Super Bowl
George Carlin
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I would enjoy a Jags-Vikings Super Bowl, but I think it ends up being Patriots-Vikings.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

iggles/jags LETS DO THIS
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Going for it on 4 & 2 on the opening drive was brass on the part of Belichick and Brady. Then it goes for a 21 yard gain on a beautiful pass.

Smart coaching move given the yard line they were on, but still brass.
docc
Head Coach

Jaguars looking really strong so far 14-3 ! Welp 14-10 and now Pats are adjusting after halftime..as they usually do so well..

A little sick of Romo calling them JagWires

US and UK pronunciation,, US Jag-Wahr, UK Jag-Yoo-Are

As a Jaguar owner.. JAGWIRE just sounds ignorant.. Especially when he says "The Jagwires"
Romo..Come On Man,,

Otherwise he's not bad..
MoFugger
Head Coach

Better game than I think I expected.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
docc
Head Coach

Good game..Jags looked strong..but the Brady's did it
Pats get ball back on nice D play..1:47 left..
Get a First and now eat clock
MoFugger
Head Coach

Refs win again.

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Fucking Brady. God I hate the Pats.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote:Refs win again.

How so? I thought it was pretty fairly called. Jags DB's were getting to the receivers early.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i will forever be mad at taking 2 knees with 2 timeouts in your pocket to end the half. if they were playing for a FG instead of a TD at the end it would have been a whole different game.

If they so obviously dont trust Bortles to do anything in that situation and still bring him back next year, they deserve to lose forever.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
MoFugger wrote:Refs win again.

How so? I thought it was pretty fairly called. Jags DB's were getting to the receivers early.
Other than the Patriots getting away with some offensive holding calls, the AFC game was pretty well officiated.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:i will forever be mad at taking 2 knees with 2 timeouts in your pocket to end the half. if they were playing for a FG instead of a TD at the end it would have been a whole different game.

If they so obviously dont trust Bortles to do anything in that situation and still bring him back next year, they deserve to lose forever.
And I thought the Jags play calling with about 5 minutes remaining when they had the lead got way too conservative.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Jags hurt themselves on the first play of that series with about 6 minutes left in 4th. Fournette loses a yard on first down carry and that put Jags in a bad spot. 2 incomplete passes later and you knew it was Brady time. Jags needed to take time of the clock and failed big time.

Pats just too strong.

Vikes getting bitch slapped at the moment. I picked them but didn't want to see them win.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Jeffrey owns the Vikings
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
docc
Head Coach

,,queens made into cheese steaks,,,and devoured