Eagles fan wrecks himself on subway pillar

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Eagles fan who ran into subway pillar: 'Hopefully, I made Brian Dawkins proud'
I picked it up watching Randall Cunningham back in the day. Just fell in love with the team," said the 42-year-old married father of two sons, ages 8 and 6. "I lived in Pittsburgh for 10, 11 years and in North Jersey. I represented the Eagles everywhere, even taking the PATH train into (New York) City."

He recently moved to Lower Gwynedd, Montgomery County: "I thought I'm finally home."

He mentioned that his "arm is bruised, my shoulder and left chest area hurts a lot, but I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday and hopefully that continues tomorrow." Then, he graciously fielded our questions about The Pillaring.

So, what had your day been like up until that point?

We were pre-gaming at my brother's place in South Philly. I got there around 10 a.m. We started (drinking) around then, mostly beer but then we moved on to bourbon after that. We watched the Jacksonville/New England game and then headed to the subway station.

There was initially a lot of misinformation out there, people saying we were heading home after the game, but we were waiting for one going south and that one (in the videos) was heading away from the stadiums.

When the second video came out, it was humbling. I saw how bad things could have been.

How'd your day go from there? Painful? Numb?

Well, it happened. I bounced back up, gave some people high fives, went to the Linc and enjoyed the game. Nobody said anything to me about it during the game. There was an incident and we moved on from it. The Linc was rocking. The game was awesome.

Then, when we were leaving the game, right when I was getting back to the Broad Street Line actually, I started getting texts from friends. "I think you're famous now." "Is this you?" I said it probably wasn't me, but then when I saw the video, I thought, "Oh dear God, that is me."

I saw a lot of comments. People were saying they watched it 500 times and couldn't stop. I probably watched it 500 times myself. But when I saw that other angle, I thought, "Wow, this could've been really bad." I'm very fortunate and lucky to have made it to the game.

there is more than 1 video on the page ... and they all look painful ,,, but the one where it shows him bouncing off the pillar and then bouncing off the moving train was the one where things could have gone really badly for him
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin