Update 2: McDaniels gives Colts the finger, stays in NE

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

mshu7
Pro Bowler

As a Bears fan living in Indy, I'm loving this! Colts fans are weak and only show up when their team is good. Not to mention that if you take the top off their stadium, even more of them would probably stay home.

After pulling the Nagy rug out from under them and McD giving them the finger, I can't wait to see what their Plan C is. I hope it's not Dave Toub. He deserves better. I really want to see the Colts implode!
-Shu
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I just want Toub to get his chance as I think he more than deserves it. Indy is a good job with or without luck as if he doesn’t come back from injury you have cap and high picks to work with along with an excuse for a season or two for losing and if he does come back you have qb settled for the next 7-10 seasons.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Bears interviewed McDaniels, had doubts he would leave the Patriots

One of the reasons the Bears preferred Nagy over McDaniels is that Nagy was eager to take the job. But McDaniels, according to the Chicago Sun-Times, left the Bears with apprehensions about his willingness to leave the Patriots.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -patriots/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wounded Bear
MVP

mshu7 wrote:As a Bears fan living in Indy, I'm loving this! Colts fans are weak and only show up when their team is good. Not to mention that if you take the top off their stadium, even more of them would probably stay home.

After pulling the Nagy rug out from under them and McD giving them the finger, I can't wait to see what their Plan C is. I hope it's not Dave Toub. He deserves better. I really want to see the Colts implode!
I grew up in Indiana (for the most part) and a lot of my friends were Bear fans. But as the Colts became more settled in Indy as the years went by, I was astonished at how many of my die-hard Bears friends flipped to over to the Colts. I still have bitter feelings about the Colts to this day for that very reason. So your reaction is very similar to mine. I have been giggling like a little girl every time I hear of their recent coaching candidate(s) misfortunes.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
YOGABBA wrote:Thank God Pace dodged this bullet.
Yeah what you said!

Pace is looking smarter and smarter with every coaching hire, or non-hire, this offseason.
Christ man. I was SO, SO against McDaniels for this very reason. Crooked trees don't suddenly grow straight. Joshy is who he is, and now his actions in Denver seem to be the norm rather than a growth experience.

Nice work Pace!
I don't remember, but Nagy was either the first HC hire or one of the first HC hires this offseason. Not once have I had buyers remorse or regrets of any kind after watching things this offseason. In fact quite the opposite.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:if this is true, it's totally possible that it's not even on mcdaniels, and instead jim irsay just got cold feet. my guess when i saw this originally wasnt toub but maybe irsay was like "bring me defilippo" after last night? which would be fucking absurd after the pats put up 33 points and almost 600 yards. but it's jim irsay we're talking about.
I was wondering the same thing, except I thought Reich over Flip.
well, turns out it was mcdaniels, but you still get a gold star.
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

how do people feel about Reich as a nfl head coach? what's the low down on him?