AJ McCarron wins grievance against Bengals

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

https://deadspin.com/a-j-mccarron-wins- ... 1823050787" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bengals wanted to keep him as a restricted free agent because he was injured when he was drafted. Complete shit move and I'm glad it failed.

AJ is free to get overpayed by someone and further muddy up the QB market.
Adipost
MVP

Would the Browns pass up on drafting a QB for AJ Mckraken?
wab
Mod

Adipost wrote:Would the Browns pass up on drafting a QB for AJ Mckraken?
They probably should.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

someones going to throw a mike glennon contract at him and piss off their fanbase, but doing that in tandem with say drafting lamar jackson, or signing him and giving paxton lynch more time, or even letting him bridge while you figure out what kizer can do with zero pressure... all decent moves imo.
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

does it seem smart for the browns to give kizer only one year to prove himself before they draft another? i've heard people talking about cleveland taking another qb this years, but i just blew it off, but it sounds they may go back to back years drafting a qb high in the draft. doesn't make sense to me.
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, just a question.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I was never high on Kizer and felt he was just a well, we have to take a QB and he is left kind of pick.

I could see the roll the dice on AJ, use the top picks on other positions and roll with AJ and Kizer this year.
wab
Mod

I think Kizer was pressed into service too fast. Going back to the draft, I said he was going to need 2 years.
cblaz11
MVP

The fact that he was benched numerous times at ND scared me..Also, it's rare a coach seams out that his player should t leave early for the pros because of the potential ramifications in recruiting, Kelly still spoke up.
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

it's just so stupid, but that's cleveland for ya, lol!!! wasted a pick, now lining up to do the same thing all over again. reminds me when detroit took a wide receiver in the first round for about three years in a row under that dumbfuck, Matt Millen.
Richie
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:someones going to throw a mike glennon contract at him and piss off their fanbase, but doing that in tandem with say drafting lamar jackson, or signing him and giving paxton lynch more time, or even letting him bridge while you figure out what kizer can do with zero pressure... all decent moves imo.
I like McCarron. IMO, he has certainly earned a shot to be "the guy" somewhere.

I think a deal like Glennon's with an option after one or two years is fitting.