Sam Bradford to the Cardinals

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Per Schefter.
Umbali
MVP

Honestly, I have always liked Bradford since his college days, and have no animosity towards the Cards. I wouldnt mind seeing Bradford have a run of health to see how this plays out. Fitz deserves a healthy QB that can get him the ball. Of course unless it impacts us in a bad way.........then screw them lol
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Zimmer flat out said that Bradford's knee problem is degenerative:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mi ... li=BBnba9I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cardinals have to take a QB this year imo, and hope he's ready half-way through the season.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

but also said Bradford was skiing last week.
:shocked:

Is this guy retarded?

Terrible knees, so days before teams will be offering him a multimillion dollar job, he runs out and makes a special trip to deliberately do something that could easily blow it all?
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Eric Weddle: Sam Bradford has been paid more for nothing than any player

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ny-player/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ravens safety Eric Weddle is not impressed with the Cardinals’ decision to sign quarterback Sam Bradford.

Responding to news of Bradford being slated to make $20 million this year in Arizona, Weddle wrote on Twitter that the contract was stupid.

“So dumb. Bradford has been paid more for nothing than anyone in history of NFL,” Weddle wrote.

Weddle has a point: As the first overall pick in the 2010 NFL draft, before the current rookie wage scale was implemented, Bradford got a six-year, $78 million deal. In 2016, Bradford signed a two-year, $36 million deal with the Eagles, who traded him to the Vikings six months later. And now Bradford gets another $20 million this year with the Cardinals.

That’s a lot of money for a quarterback who has never been to a Pro Bowl, never led a team to the playoffs and never had a 4,000-yard season, or a 25-touchdown season. But Bradford keeps persuading teams to pay him. Maybe some day he’ll live up to that pay.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bradford has been paid exceptionally well for potential while his injury history has prevented him from fully realizing that potential

if he can somehow stay well and upright, the Cardinals have something
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:Bradford has been paid exceptionally well for potential while his injury history has prevented him from fully realizing that potential

if he can somehow stay well and upright, the Cardinals have something
The great thing about the Cardinals is, your statement can travel back in time a few years and replace Sam Bradford with Carson Palmer.