Update: Pouncey signs w/ Chargers

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Has requested his release from the Dolphins. If Whitehair is set to move to LG, Pouncey's only 28. I'm not sure how old his hips are, however.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Hmmm... A move I could be talked into.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

I've always assumed since Mike Pouncey was defending Aaron Hernandez that he's kind of a turd. I get the feeling Adam Gase is trying to change a shit locker room culture by dropping these guys.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Depends on what his hip issues were. If they were more stress and inflammation related. Fine. If it is degenerative in nature, and is getting arthritis, then no thanks. He did pass his Dolphins physical last year, and played all 16 games. It would CERTAINLY put us in a good position going into the draft. I could go with Leno-Whitehair-Pouncey-Long-McGlinchey. :)
LacertineForest
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:I've always assumed since Mike Pouncey was defending Aaron Hernandez that he's kind of a turd.
First thing I thought of when I saw he requested his release. Not sure I want him around Halas Hall.
wab
Mod

Dude is kind of a turd.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

pure manure....no thanks
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
beardownbilly
Journeyman

Yea, I'll pass on him, wasn’t he part of the bullying thing a couple of years ago as well? Not the sort of guy we need in the locker room.
Funkster
MVP

Moving whitehair to guard is the inevitable, I'm not a big fan of Grasu, so Pouncey would be an upgrade if he's actually healthy. If he's not dividing the locker room and comes to work ready to play, I can careless who he's associated with or his attitude. If the Bears have X amount of cap to spend on 1 more player, to me adding a player like Suh would be the better move. However, it's obvious they're focusing on giving Tru every opportunity to be success so I expect Pace to at least explore this option.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I have no idea on his attitude. So if you guys say he's a turd...then I say no way.
Middleguard
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I have no idea on his attitude. So if you guys say he's a turd...then I say no way.
It's not just his attitude, or his relationships. He's just a jerk, throughout.
Umbali
MVP

beardownbilly wrote:Yea, I'll pass on him, wasn’t he part of the bullying thing a couple of years ago as well? Not the sort of guy we need in the locker room.
I dont have much of an opinion on Pouncey one way or another, however I do and have always found this funny. So he " bullied" another O Line man to be tougher? LMAO this is so odd to me. I bet Butkus or Kreutz or Singletary or Urlacher was always so super flowery sweet to team mates! This isnt middle school! As a side note look what Martin ( i believe he was the subject of the bullying ) just did the other day to get arrested and put into pysch eval lol....

I want a tough gritty player that can be a bad ass to opponents, while making his teammates better. I am not sure that is Pouncey, but him being a " bully" doesnt bother me.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
BR0D1E86
MVP

Umbali wrote:
beardownbilly wrote:Yea, I'll pass on him, wasn’t he part of the bullying thing a couple of years ago as well? Not the sort of guy we need in the locker room.
I dont have much of an opinion on Pouncey one way or another, however I do and have always found this funny. So he " bullied" another O Line man to be tougher? LMAO this is so odd to me. I bet Butkus or Kreutz or Singletary or Urlacher was always so super flowery sweet to team mates! This isnt middle school! As a side note look what Martin ( i believe he was the subject of the bullying ) just did the other day to get arrested and put into pysch eval lol....

I want a tough gritty player that can be a bad ass to opponents, while making his teammates better. I am not sure that is Pouncey, but him being a " bully" doesnt bother me.
He wasn't nearly as bad as Incognito, but it wasn't some simple toughening up. There's a lot of evidence he's a pretty hateful prick.
malk
Head Coach

I'm concerned that he has a snake for an arm!

"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
thunderspirit
Head Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote:He wasn't nearly as bad as Incognito, but it wasn't some simple toughening up. There's a lot of evidence he's a pretty hateful prick.
This.

And if someone thinks there's no difference between holding teammates accountable in the locker room and being a hateful prick to a coworker, well, I've no particular interest in that person's opinion on building a team.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Umbali
MVP

thunderspirit wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:He wasn't nearly as bad as Incognito, but it wasn't some simple toughening up. There's a lot of evidence he's a pretty hateful prick.
This.

And if someone thinks there's no difference between holding teammates accountable in the locker room and being a hateful prick to a coworker, well, I've no particular interest in that person's opinion on building a team.

I dont know the dynamics or the details of what happened in that locker room. I am not a dolphins fan so I did not pay much attention. I do know, however, that nowadays the term bullying is thrown around so much that I have gotten tired of it. Its overused.

If he was a prick and a bad person, then i dont want him on our team.

I believe I said I had no real opinion on him.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I am pretty sure that Martin proved he was an A-1 douchenozzle all on his own.

After all the BS that went down and Incognito sitting out a year he has went to 3 straight probowls, his teammates like him and Martin got arrested for posting dumb ass threats to a school.

So count me in the "if he healthy and not super expensive I am on board with pouncey corner.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of.
If he's a Hernandez buddy on top of that, I have no interest in a POS like that.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:I am pretty sure that Martin proved he was an A-1 douchenozzle all on his own.

After all the BS that went down and Incognito sitting out a year he has went to 3 straight probowls, his teammates like him and Martin got arrested for posting dumb ass threats to a school.

So count me in the "if he healthy and not super expensive I am on board with pouncey corner.
Incognito succeeding has nothing to do with him also being a mega-dick.

Martin is, unfortunately, pretty messed up. But that's in no small part due to a lifetime of bullying from assholes like Incognito.

BR0D1E86
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote:I am pretty sure that Martin proved he was an A-1 douchenozzle all on his own.

They can all be mega dicks.

I’m not sure Martin’s behavior isn’t at least partly traceable to what happened on the Dolphins. That’s not meant to excuse it in any way, but at least partially explain it.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote:

They can all be mega dicks.

I’m not sure Martin’s behavior isn’t at least partly traceable to what happened on the Dolphins. That’s not meant to excuse it in any way, but at least partially explain it.
Exactly what I meant. Lots of blame to go around in that shit show in Miami and I think leadership at the top had much to do with it all.

As far as pouncey himself it has been said he may need hip replacement by the time he is 40. So definitely an injury risk.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Signed with chargers
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Stay Trashy, Richie

https://sports.yahoo.com/richie-incogni ... 35623.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LacertineForest
MVP

Moriarty wrote:Image

Stay Trashy, Richie

https://sports.yahoo.com/richie-incogni ... 35623.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wow...
The latest incident with Incognito comes right as teams could start looking into him as a free agent.

Incognito was already displaying strange behavior this offseason. He said in April he was retiring and told a reporter his kidneys and liver were failing. Then a couple days later he tweeted at the Bills that he would see them at the start of the offseason program. The Bills put him on the reserve/retired list, and this week they cut him when Incognito said he wanted to play again. That meant Incognito could become a free agent. The Bills cut him despite having him under contract and with a significant need on the offensive line.
Dude needs help - glad he's nowhere near Halas Hall (or any other team, for that matter).