Browns : Cody Kessler traded to Jaguars

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Cody Kessler traded to Jaguars to back up starting quarterback Blake Bortles
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars finally found someone to back up starting quarterback Blake Bortles.

The team traded for Cody Kessler on Wednesday, sending a conditional 2019 seventh-round draft pick to the Cleveland Browns for the third-year veteran.

"We are excited about the opportunity to add Cody as depth to our quarterback position," Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said. "From our research and through getting to know Cody during the draft process, we know he is a smart, tough and competitive young man, and we expect him to be a great addition to our quarterback and offensive meeting rooms."

The Jaguars haven't had a backup quarterback on the roster since the team decided not to re-sign veteran Chad Henne. Henne -- who signed with Kansas City on March 16 -- had held that spot since losing his starting job to Bortles at halftime of Week 3 in 2014. Bortles has started every game since.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

I like this move alot. Hard not to argue that Cody is worth a dang seventh rounder.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Wow.

Browns flip a 3rd for a conditional 7th.

This is the kind of drafting genius that allows you to draft first in the future.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wab
Mod

All these trades are insane
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

wab wrote:All these trades are insane
Browns are trying to play moneyball, but nobody has really made that work in football yet. With maybe the exception of Bellicheat, but he has Tom Brady and we all know how much better HOF QB's make the rest of the team look.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

LOL, so Draft Day was on over the weekend. I had to watch that for a little bit. Who knows how it'll all play out but it is fun to watch.
UOK
Site Admin

The Marshall Plan wrote:LOL, so Draft Day was on over the weekend. I had to watch that for a little bit. Who knows how it'll all play out but it is fun to watch.
Draft Day is alright for what it is. It made a sentimental, somewhat goofy spectacle of the draft (which is already somewhat a spectacle) and told the story in a way that some non-football fans could enjoy while draft junkies would also like in some respects.

I'll probably watch it again in a few days. It's a nice fluffy sports movie that doesn't offend whatsoever.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Finally the Kevin Hogan fans can sleep at night, assured that he's got QB3 locked up!
xyt in the discord chats