Todd Marinovich back in jail after arrest in Orange County

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Todd Marinovich back in jail after arrest in Orange County
Former NFL and USC quarterback Todd Marinovich, who spent most of the past 18 months in the desert for drug addiction rehabilitation, is back in jail after being arrested in Orange County last week.

Marinovich, who got local attention in September by playing for the desert's developmental football team, the SoCal Coyotes, was arrested March 19 and released after posting bail, according to Orange County jail records. He was arrested again March 23 and remains in custody at the Central Men's Jail in Santa Ana -- the same city where he was a high school football star at Mater Dei.

No further details on why he was arrested were available, but Marinovich was in the middle of a two-year probation sentence handed last March after his notorious August 2016 arrest where he was found naked wandering in a stranger's backyard in Irvine with a paper bag full of drugs and syringes and his wallet.

Marinovich was sentenced to 90 days in jail, but could avoid jail time if he had a successful rehab and stayed out of any legal trouble for 36 months.

what a complete waste this guy is
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

Once a fuck up, always a fuck up. Not his fault, really. His dad ruined him.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Once a fuck up, always a fuck up. Not his fault, really. His dad ruined him.

as I recall, Sports Illustrated really pimped his dad as being just oh so full of innovation and mentoring in regards to his son's development

I think we can all see now maybe letting him have a normal childhood and life before trying to program him for football would probably have been the better option
George Carlin
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Too bad.

I heard a fairly recent interview with him - was promoting a rehab or talking the dangers of addiction, or something similar (voluntarily, not required, I'm pretty sure).

He sounded genuinely very humble and peaceful.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote:Too bad.

I heard a fairly recent interview with him - was promoting a rehab or talking the dangers of addiction, or something similar (voluntarily, not required, I'm pretty sure).

He sounded genuinely very humble and peaceful.

I think that was the positive vibes speech he gave after signing up to play in that developmental league, and he even played well

and then, another meltdown
George Carlin
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Once a fuck up, always a fuck up. Not his fault, really. His dad ruined him.
His dad completely isolated him. How can you be a kid and never eat at MacDonald's? I mean, it bordered on child abuse. Of course the kid was going to freak out when he got out on his own. He never had a childhood.