Kevin Hogan gets permission to seek a trade, for some reason

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... seek-trade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even though I've always liked Hogan, I'm not sure that anyone is going to trade for him.
The Cleveland Browns already traded away one incumbent backup quarterback; a second is attempting to move on as well.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported QB Kevin Hogan has requested and received permission for his agent to seek a trade out of Cleveland, per a source informed of the situation.

Much like Cody Kessler, whom the Browns recently traded to Jacksonville, Hogan became superfluous in Cleveland after the signings of veterans Tyrod Taylor and Drew Stanton. With the Browns almost certain to select a quarterback early in the draft later this month, Hogan would likely be nothing more than a camp arm.

Hogan was selected in the fifth-round of the 2016 draft by the Kansas City Chiefs but failed to make the opening day roster. He signed to the Browns' practice squad before being called up to the active roster in October of that season. For his career, the 25-year-old Stanford product has appeared in eight games, making one start in 2017. While the dual-threat quarterback has shown some flashes in relief, he struggled mightily to move the offense in the lone start of his career.

Given that the Browns received a 2019 conditional seventh-round pick for Kessler (just about the lowest compensation you can get), who had eight starts, it'd be surprising if a team were willing to part with any draft pick for Hogan.
makaur
Pro Bowler

It’s Cleveland.

I just drove through there one time and that was enough to make me request a trade.

I wonder...some players have no-trade clauses. Can you get a trade anywhere but Cleveland clause?
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

The Browns announced they have traded Kevin Hogan to Washington, in a deal involving a swap of sixth-round picks. The Browns moved from 205th to 188th in the sixth round in the deal.

I look forward to the Browns firing John Dorsey in two years, and the next fire sale that ensues. This should just be a yearly thing the Browns do to sow chaos.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Cian Fahey's been on a tear lately and it's not lookin good:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wab
Mod

The Browns are ridding themselves of all things Browns. That can’t be a bad thing.
Adipost
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:Cian Fahey's been on a tear lately and it's not lookin good:

That spike in the end zone was hilarious.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:Cian Fahey's been on a tear lately and it's not lookin good:

That spike in the end zone was hilarious.
I dont even remember that, and it's on par with orlovsky going out the back of the endzone. that play should be infamous and it's just another day at the office for the browns.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Browns trade Kevin Hogan to Redskins in pick swap
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — The Cleveland Browns traded their third quarterback of the offseason, sending Kevin Hogan to the Washington Redskins.

The teams announced the deal Friday that includes swapping sixth-round picks. Cleveland acquires the 188th pick from Washington for No. 205, which it previously acquired from New England for cornerback Jason McCourty.

Hogan follows Cody Kessler and DeShone Kizer out the door in Cleveland. The Browns acquired cornerback Damarious Randall as part of the Kizer trade with Green Bay that included flip-flopping fifth-round picks, and got a 2019 seventh-rounder from Jacksonville for Kessler.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin