Seahawks postpone workout with Kaepernick

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Maybe I’m naive but could it just be that he’s simply a statistically average 30yr old QB that people don’t want to bother with at this point?
Generally accurate, but Glennon is Getting paid and Kaep is better a better player.

Look I can't say a lot of things in public without getting fired or disciplined at work.
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:
wab wrote:Maybe I’m naive but could it just be that he’s simply a statistically average 30yr old QB that people don’t want to bother with at this point?
Generally accurate, but Glennon is Getting paid and Kaep is better a better player.

Look I can't say a lot of things in public without getting fired or disciplined at work.
Well I mean that people doing the hiring don't want to take on a statistically average 30yr old QB in conjunction with whatever perceived headache he may be.

Look, the NFL finds places for guys who are really good at football but are a pain in the ass. Again, maybe I'm naive but I don't think he's talented enough to get away with being a perceived pain. If that makes sense?
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Yes it does and is probably accurate.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

looks like Kaepernick has a shoe deal waiting to happen ... all he needs now is an NFL team to be interested :

If Colin Kaepernick lands NFL deal, Adidas leader says company would want to sign him
Adidas wants to sign Colin Kaepernick to an endorsement deal but has held off because the former 49ers quarterback isn’t on an NFL roster.

Mark King, president of the athletic apparel and shoe company’s North America division, said Adidas doesn’t want to give the impression that it’s “taking advantage of this noise or interest that he had generated,” King said. “If he signs on a team, we would definitely want to sign him.”

King was referencing Kaepernick’s kneeling protests that rocked the nation last year. The demonstrations, in protest of perceived heavy-handed law enforcement tactics in minority communities that included the deaths of several unarmed black men, spread across the NFL, and drew condemnation from social conservatives and President Donald Trump, who considered them unpatriotic.

“We love athletes that have a platform to make the world a better place,” King said. “If they’re an activist in a way that brings attention to something that moves the world forward, even if there’s controversy at that moment, we’re really interested in those athletes because I think it represents the world today.”
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:I really don’t have any sympathy for them. When you become trouble in your employers pocketbook you typically get fired.
Exactly. How many of us could get away with making any kind of political statement at our place of employment without facing some sort of repercussion?
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton