Oliver Luck named commissioner and CEO of XFL

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Oliver Luck named commissioner and CEO of XFL
Oliver Luck will become the first commissioner and chief executive officer of the XFL, it was announced Tuesday.

"The XFL will be a labor of love as I get to combine my experiences as a player and executive," Luck told ESPN in an email. "I'm thrilled to have this unique opportunity to reimagine the game that has been a constant in my life for 40 years."

Luck will leave his leadership role at the NCAA, where he oversaw the organization's regulatory functions, including eligibility requirements and academic affairs, and the eligibility center.

"I always felt there was an opportunity for another pro league as long as it had the key ingredients, and I found all those ingredients present in the new XFL," Luck told ESPN's Darren Rovell on Tuesday. "There was the leadership and vision from Vince [McMahon] who is a tremendous entrepreneur with a solid track record and there is a potential to have good quality football if it is well capitalized, which of course it is."

He will relocate from Indianapolis, where his son Andrew Luck is the quarterback for the Colts, to the XFL's headquarters in Connecticut as he prepares for the league's launch in 2020.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin