Some Offseason Musings

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

None of these really deserve their own thread, but worth talking about in the slow time:

Tom Brady's offseason
Is he smart to preserve his body as much as he can at his age by skipping OTA's for 'personal reasons'?
Or do you believe something more along a negative line that he's being selfish, or that he's staying away from Belechick?

TO being TO:

So Ownes is the first ever to skip the Enshrinement Ceremony for the Hall of Fame. Saying that he'll likely pick a day to celibrate and inform people when that will be. Hope he announces and no one shows up, personally. Guy has been and always will be a dick.

Tyrod praised, Tannehill dissed:

So Jarvis Landry went out of his way to say that Tyrod Taylor and rookie Baker Mayfield was better than the passers he's had in Miami. Praised Tyrod for initiating getting together with his WR's in a couple of offseason meetings and again went out of his way to say that no one wanted to do that in Miami. Don't know if that included Cutler, or was mostly a shot at Tannehill and other Back-ups in Miami.

It shows that chemistry is a huge factor on a team and Miami can't seem to get past the hurdle of players wanting to play there.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Z Bear
MVP

Cutler signed with Miami after camp had started so that is one thing he can't be at fault for.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

As for TO, have no feelings one way or the other about him, but can see why he may think about not attending. Some of the people/voters bashing him and talking shit about him one year, turn around and vote for him the next. IMO, if you are good enough you should go in on the first vote. to vote no just because it is a person's first year of eligibility, the make the argument, that is complete bullshit. IMO, you are on the ballot once. If you are good enough, you get voted in, if not, bye. There should be no argument of too many at a certain position going in at the same time or any such other arguments.

Brady - he has done enough in his career, he doesn't need to be at OTAs.

Jarvis Landry - who cares?
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

Atkins&Rebel wrote: It shows that chemistry is a huge factor on a team and Miami can't seem to get past the hurdle of players wanting to play there.
so for all you guys who wanted Gase to be our coach, it looks like he re-created that Chicago Bears championship culture in Miami. i'm certain the Miami front office is pleased with that one.

Nagy>Gase

#dodgedthatfuckingbullet
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: IMO, you are on the ballot once. If you are good enough, you get voted in, if not, bye. There should be no argument of too many at a certain position going in at the same time or any such other arguments.
I generally agree. I don't like the really good but not great getting in. However I don't know if they get it right enough for me to say one year. I think Dent is a good example of that.
Pagan
MVP

Otis Day wrote:As for TO, have no feelings one way or the other about him, but can see why he may think about not attending. Some of the people/voters bashing him and talking shit about him one year, turn around and vote for him the next. IMO, if you are good enough you should go in on the first vote. to vote no just because it is a person's first year of eligibility, the make the argument, that is complete bullshit. IMO, you are on the ballot once. If you are good enough, you get voted in, if not, bye. There should be no argument of too many at a certain position going in at the same time or any such other arguments.

Brady - he has done enough in his career, he doesn't need to be at OTAs.

Jarvis Landry - who cares?
As for the T. O bailing on his enshrinement cerimony thing... Over (most likely) hurt feelings that he was made to wait a year due to douchebaggery?

He's not exactly proving anyone wrong here by being THE very 1st person ever to say "no thanks".
Better move wouldve been to kill them with Indonesia, show up a class act & let the naritive be... "should TO have had to wait a year to get inducted"?

Instead of... "us it too late to vote someone else in"?
Panasonic
Rookie

I like it very much. It is a very useful forum.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Panasonic wrote:I like it very much. It is a very useful forum.

1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
BlueAndOrangeDog
Practice Squad

Atkins&Rebel wrote:
TO being TO:

So Ownes is the first ever to skip the Enshrinement Ceremony for the Hall of Fame. Saying that he'll likely pick a day to celibrate and inform people when that will be.
I heard that it will be in his driveway with his shirt off.