Kellen Winslow Jr. after burglury, now adds rape, kidnapping

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Ex-Jet Kellen Winslow Jr. arrested for alleged burglary
Former NFL Pro Bowl tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday afternoon for his alleged connection to a burglary at a mobile-home park in California.

Authorities responded to a possible burglary call at Park Encinitas Mobile Home Park around 2:40 p.m., The San Diego Union Tribune reported.

Winslow Jr. played for the Jets in 2013, when he was suspended four games for performance-enhancing drug use.

A resident who called the police tried to confront the suspect, later identified as Winslow, before he allegedly fled the scene, according to the paper. Authorities were able to track down the vehicle and arrested Winslow.

The former NFL player was charged with first-degree burglary and was held on $50,000 bail, the paper reported. He faces up to six years in prison if convicted.

* EDITED to change thread title to reflect additional charges
Last edited by Boris13c on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Mobile home park, uh. Wow. Hard up or what.

Never did like that guy. No where the person/player his dad was.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Mobile home park, uh. Wow. Hard up or what.

Never did like that guy. No where the person/player his dad was.
Probably looking for drugs
Richie
MVP

He was a very talented player, who had a couple of good seasons. However, he was always an idiot.

Not his father, that's for sure.

And I agree with the above post that this was likely over drugs. No other reason to rob a trailer.

I just checked spotrac and he actually made a lot of money. Two separate big contracts for 29 mil and 36.6 mil over the course of his 9 year career. He didn't finish out either contract with CLE or TB. However, I have to think a solid chunk of each was guaranteed. Things really must have taken a bad turn.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Former NFL star Kellen Winslow Jr. charged with rape, kidnapping a week after burglary charge
Former National Football League star Kellen Winslow Jr. has been arrested on charges of kidnapping and rape, officials said.

The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department Major Crimes Division arrested Winslow Thursday on a warrant that included two counts of kidnapping with intent to commit rape and two counts of forcible rape.

He also was charged with several other sex crimes along with two counts of residential burglary, and a search warrant was executed at his home in Encinitas, officials said.

Winslow was booked today, posted $50,000 bail, and is expected to be arraigned on Friday.

He was arrested a week ago, also in Encinitas, a San Diego suburb, and charged with felony first-degree burglary.

and the hits just keep on coming

what happened to this dude? my guess is a serious drug issue ... guess we'll find out
George Carlin
wab
Mod

Drugs are bad kids. Drugs are bad.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Friend said he raped senior citizens. Drugs are bad but that's not just drugs.
BlueAndOrangeDog
Practice Squad

mmmc_35 wrote:Friend said he raped senior citizens. Drugs are bad but that's not just drugs.
I would guess he wasn't looking for drugs at all.

Unless you're talking about crack.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

BlueAndOrangeDog wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:Friend said he raped senior citizens. Drugs are bad but that's not just drugs.

didn't mean he was looking for drugs but that he was ON drugs ... at least that's what I meant
George Carlin
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:
BlueAndOrangeDog wrote:

didn't mean he was looking for drugs but that he was ON drugs ... at least that's what I meant
It wasn't a directed comment. Clearly on drugs. Clearly fucked up too. Disgusting.
Richie
MVP

Maybe it's drugs... but I'd also guess a fair amount of mental illness going on.

Seems like there was definitely a "break" at some point.

I mean, that burglary arrest. The police report was basically saying that he was talking gibberish to law enforcement. Said that he was looking for his "red dog named Clifford". Then he gets out on bail and immediately does this?

Something ain't right there. Regardless, f him... his life is over.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Prosecutor: Kellen Winslow Jr. Threatened To Murder Women After He Raped Them
Kellen Winslow Jr. was arraigned today in a San Diego court on a list of charges that included forcible rape, sodomy by use of force, and kidnapping. Court documents and a prosecutor also provided more details about what the former NFL tight end is accused of doing to multiple women.

According to court records obtained by KFMB-TV in San Diego, Winslow is charged with kidnapping and forcibly raping a 54-year-old woman on March 17 of this year. He is charged with kidnapping, forcibly raping, and sodomizing a 59-year-old woman about two months later, on May 13, according to those documents. Winslow is charged with nine counts, which also include burglary, oral copulation, and indecent exposure.

TMZ was at the arraignment hearing today and, according to its report, a prosecutor went into more detail about what they believe happened. Per TMZ, a prosecutor said that twice, once in March and again in May, Winslow picked up transient women who were hitchhiking. In a clip from the hearing, a prosecutor can be heard saying that both women were threatened by Winslow with murder if they said anything.

The prosecutor also describes what happened in May when Winslow walked up to a 55-year-old woman who was gardening. The two briefly talked and, according to the prosecutor, when she walked away, the woman felt as if Winslow was following her. She then saw him two feet behind her “with his erect penis exposed,” the prosecutor says. The woman screamed “no, no, no” ran inside her home, and told her husband, then called 911, the prosecutor says. Near the end of the clip, the prosecutor also goes over the reports of Winslow appearing at the mobile homes of two women, one in her 70s, another in her 80s, he didn’t know.

the man has definitely short circuited somewhere along the way
George Carlin
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Dude was always crazy as hell, he just went further down the rabbit hole to totally criminally insane.
Richie
MVP

Boris13c wrote:Prosecutor: Kellen Winslow Jr. Threatened To Murder Women After He Raped Them
Kellen Winslow Jr. was arraigned today in a San Diego court on a list of charges that included forcible rape, sodomy by use of force, and kidnapping. Court documents and a prosecutor also provided more details about what the former NFL tight end is accused of doing to multiple women.

According to court records obtained by KFMB-TV in San Diego, Winslow is charged with kidnapping and forcibly raping a 54-year-old woman on March 17 of this year. He is charged with kidnapping, forcibly raping, and sodomizing a 59-year-old woman about two months later, on May 13, according to those documents. Winslow is charged with nine counts, which also include burglary, oral copulation, and indecent exposure.

TMZ was at the arraignment hearing today and, according to its report, a prosecutor went into more detail about what they believe happened. Per TMZ, a prosecutor said that twice, once in March and again in May, Winslow picked up transient women who were hitchhiking. In a clip from the hearing, a prosecutor can be heard saying that both women were threatened by Winslow with murder if they said anything.

The prosecutor also describes what happened in May when Winslow walked up to a 55-year-old woman who was gardening. The two briefly talked and, according to the prosecutor, when she walked away, the woman felt as if Winslow was following her. She then saw him two feet behind her “with his erect penis exposed,” the prosecutor says. The woman screamed “no, no, no” ran inside her home, and told her husband, then called 911, the prosecutor says. Near the end of the clip, the prosecutor also goes over the reports of Winslow appearing at the mobile homes of two women, one in her 70s, another in her 80s, he didn’t know.

the man has definitely short circuited somewhere along the way
Yeah, this is fucking sick stuff. Dude turned into a serial rapist. I'd bet just about anything that there's a multitude of other victims.