Jameis Winston

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Just saw on NFL app that he's going to get suspended from a 2016 Uber incident he didn't report about. Wonder how many games he'll get.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

rumor is 3
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

He is a piece of shit.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Yup.
Richie
MVP

Means he'll return for the Week 4 game at the Bears.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Great. We get the "revenge" game from him. That being said, maybe he's rusty and it doesn't matter.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Honestly I'd rather play against Winston than Fitzpatrick if Fitzpatrick is his efficient persona. The guy can get ugly in a hurry when things don't go his way, but Winston has rarely been consistent. Both can make big plays and both can look like trash, but Fitz has more poise at this time.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Buccaneers' Jameis Winston suspended first three games of 2018
TAMPA, Fla. -- Jameis Winston was suspended for the first three games of the 2018 season on Thursday, as the NFL said its investigation found the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback inappropriately touched a female Uber driver in March 2016 in Scottsdale, Arizona.

In a statement, the NFL said Winston violated the league's personal conduct policy "by touching the driver in an inappropriate and sexual manner without her consent."

"Disciplinary action was necessary and appropriate," the statement said.

Winston's suspension is without pay and he won't appeal.

The NFL said in its statement that Winston is required to obtain a clinical evaluation and fully cooperate with any recommended therapeutic intervention program. The league said if Winston doesn't comply, it could result in further discipline. The NFL also said another violation of the personal conduct policy will result in more substantial discipline, including a potential ban.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

I forgot who said it in a tweet but it's sad that Tom Brady got 4 game suspension for deflating a football and Winston only gets a 3 game suspension for groping a woman.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Hell, if the Bucs are 2-1, they may ride the QB who is winning at the time. If I am the coach, I don't start a guy his first game back off of a suspension.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

bearsfaninaz wrote:I forgot who said it in a tweet but it's sad that Tom Brady got 4 game suspension for deflating a football and Winston only gets a 3 game suspension for groping a woman.

you also need to consider that under the updated NFL mandates regarding personal conduct, domestic abuse, assault, etc that the penalty the NFL said is mandatory is 6 games .. and that it doesn't matter whether or not a police report was filed

so why did Winston only get 3 if this new tougher policy is supposed to be applicable to all? Winston didn't appeal, so it isn't like he got the 6 and it was reduced to 3
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin