Steve Keim

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

AZ Cardinals GM was arrested for drunk driving over holiday. From what's coming out now he lied to police on his job with the organization, and refused to do breathalyzer and field sobriety tests. Waiting on BAC to come back but I'm assuming it's above limit. I'm curious what the cards will do especially after they let go of WR forgot his name for couple DUIs.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Police Report: Cardinals GM Steve Keim Tried To Name-Drop A Dead Cop During His DUI Arrest
Arizona Cardinals general manager Steve Keim misidentified his job when pulled over and cited for DUI on July 4, and told police that he “works” with an officer who died four years ago, according to the police report.

Keim, who has been Cardinals GM since 2013, was pulled over in the early morning hours last Wednesday for “driving erratically,” according to Chandler (Ariz.) police. The report notes that Keim’s vehicle—which was registered to a local dealership—smelled of alcohol, Keim’s speech was slurred, and his eyes were “bloodshot and watery.” Keim told the officer that he had drank two beers at a friend’s house while eating pizza, and that he couldn’t take a field sobriety test because he has a bad knee.

According to the report, Keim then misidentified his job to the officer, and appears to have tried to name-drop someone he used to know on the force. That didn’t quite work:

Keim then identified himself by name but said he was “the director of security for the Arizona Cardinals,” according to the report. Keim then told the officer he “works with Sean McKenzie.” However, the officer noted that “the only Officer Sean McKenzie I know was killed in an off duty vehicle collision and I believed he was referencing him.” McKenzie died in an off-duty motorcycle accident in 2014, according to multiple reports.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Today the cops are saying he didn't say anything wrong. I'm confused on how a cop could be so wrong. I'd have to question their ability to police correctly if can't manage to get that right
Umbali
MVP

lol sounds to me like money changed hands
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Umbali wrote:lol sounds to me like money changed hands
No they had body camera they released now. His BAC hasn't been released yet though.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

So he's probably in Jeopardy of losing his job. .19 BAC which is extreme DUI in Arizona. Curious what happens to him. So guess he got 5 game suspension which I'm not sure what that means for a GM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ks-for-dui" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GSH
MVP

He blew a .193. Im surprised he could even spell DUI at that point.
UOK
Site Admin

GSH wrote:He blew a .193. Im surprised he could even spell DUI at that point.
Guy probably has a solid 12 hour chunk he doesn't remember whatsoever.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

UOK wrote:
His sentence was light too. Only 48 hours in jail which is bs out here as our DUI laws are some of the hardest in country.
UOK
Site Admin

bearsfaninaz wrote:
UOK wrote:
His sentence was light too. Only 48 hours in jail which is bs out here as our DUI laws are some of the hardest in country.
He's a rich white dude prominent in an area that doesn't have a lot. Was never gonna serve much time.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:
UOK wrote:
He's a rich white dude prominent in an area that doesn't have a lot. Was never gonna serve much time.

his actual charge was extreme DUI, classified as a Class 1 misdemeanor, and he could have gotten a maximum of 30 days in jail

ktar.com/story/2145022/cardinals-gm-steve-keim-turns-self-in-to-begin-extreme-dui-jail-sentence/

but as UOK notes, he seems to have some privilege working in his favor
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

.193 is drunk but not black out drunk. 48 hours but that's not really his sentence. Here in Wisconsin it's a 12 hour hold or a release to a responsible party. Here for your first you lose your license and get a IID. Second gets you a few days jail time.
Richie
MVP

Eh... that's actually not terrible. That's a standard "drunk" breathalyzer reading.

My lone arrest for drinking when I was in my 20's (not a DUI) I blew a .35

.40 is considered fatal for most.

Yeah...

I drank an entire fifth of rum, probably 6 beers at the bar and broke into a 2nd fifth when I got back to the hotel (was visiting a buddy in Kalamazoo/WMU). I was arrested for hopping the fence to the outdoor pool after hours with my buddy and refusing to leave. More like not even realizing why we were asked to leave, to be honest. I only remember bits and pieces.

The positive? I was not hungover in jail when I woke up. I was still shit hammered. However, I did have to wait the entire day and night before they could release me. Since I was legally intoxicated until like 10 PM the next day. bahaha

The worst part was that I somehow managed to hookup with this super sexy chick at the bar, got her number and then lost my phone in the middle of the chaos. lol

The glory days, I tell you.