Rundown of players traded on day 3

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

NEW YORK -- The Seattle Seahawks grabbed the spotlight as the final four rounds of the NFL draft began Saturday, acquiring running backs LenDale White from the Tennessee Titans and Leon Washington from the New York Jets.

New Seahawks coach Pete Carroll dealt for one of his mainstays at Southern California, getting White along with defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson for Seattle's fourth-rounder and sixth-rounder.

The Oakland Raiders, after making an earlier deal that shipped out their leading tackler for the past four years, added a possible starting quarterback in a deal with the Washington Redskins for Jason Campbell, two sources told ESPN's Michael Smith.

The Redskins, who earlier this month acquired Donovan McNabb from the Philadelphia Eagles, received a fourth-round pick in the 2012 draft, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Raiders sent their starting middle linebacker, Kirk Morrison, to Jacksonville as the bartering got heavy in Round 4.

Oakland selected one of the draft's fastest players, wideout Jacoby Ford of Clemson, with the pick acquired from the Jaguars.

After drafting Rolando McClain in the first round to take over at middle linebacker, the Raiders dealt Morrison.

"For me, it's a new beginning. I feel like I was drafted all over again," Morrison said. "I definitely didn't see a slip in my play. Now I can move to Jacksonville and show what I can do."

Tennessee didn't get much in return for running back LenDale White and defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson. But at this point, you take what you can get, ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky writes. Blog

The Titans, meanwhile, selected UCLA cornerback Alterraun Verner with the spot acquired in their deal.

The burly and bruising White helped Carroll win a national championship with the Trojans. But he lost his starting job to Chris Johnson in 2009, and had problems with being late for meetings.

"As far as LenDale falling out of favor, he practiced," Titans coach Jeff Fisher said. "He was prepared to play. I think I can't blame him for wanting to play more. That's the kind of players you want on your roster. Considering the circumstances, he handled things. There were issues I don't need to bring up. I thought he handled things reasonably well."

The Seahawks also acquired the versatile Washington, who is recovering from a broken right leg, and a seventh-round pick from the Jets for a fifth-round pick.

Washington became expendable with the Jets moved up to Carolina's spot to draft USC's Joe McKnight, further loading up the team's backfield. The Jets also have last year's playoff sensation as a rookie, Shonn Greene, and LaDainian Tomlinson, who they signed after San Diego released the veteran star.

Cincinnati receiver Mardy Gilyard was chosen by St. Louis to begin the fourth round as the Rams further bolstered their anemic offense.

St. Louis made quarterback Sam Bradford the first overall selection Thursday night and began the second round Friday by choosing offensive lineman Rodger Saffold from Indiana.

Gilyard was pick No. 99 overall and one of the most high-profile players still available. He should help the Rams on kick returns, too.

"It's like slim to none that kids actually get to go pro," Gilyard said. "My mom, she's bananas right now. She's going to call me about eight times in a row."

All-American tight end Aaron Hernandez of Florida went to New England, the second tight end chosen by the Patriots.

The first Ohio State player chosen was linebacker Thaddeus Gibson, 116th overall by Pittsburgh.