FBR : Rex Grossman

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

a co-worker told me about how Rex was going to be one of the Redskins at one of the team charity events, and wanted to know if I wanted a ticket so I could go say hi

f*cking smartass

while I don't hate him, I certainly don't want to go schmooze with him either ... he is the poster boy for a QB enigma

Grossman was in a perfect position for success as a Bear ... all he had to be was average, and he would have been hailed as a hero in Chicago, because sorry-assed play from the QB's had really sunk to a very low low (Jonathan Quinn anyone?)

but for some reason he simply couldn't up his game to average NFL level on a consistent basis ... he was one of the streakiest QB's I can recall the Bears ever having, hence the Good Rex/Bad Rex analogy ... just read his game logs from 2006:

http://www.nfl.com/players/rexgrossman/ ... eason=2006

QB ratings of 90 and above in 8 games, all wins ... then look at his other 8 games, lowlighted by his 10.2 rating against Arizona, and his 0.0 in the season ending game against Green Bay when he didn't even try to do anything

well, I guess he did provide something in that Green Bay game:

I know many have tried to pin the Super Bowl loss on Grossman, but any real fan that actually watched the game knew there were other things wrong that day, with other players as well as the coaches ... so pinning that all on Rex was unfair

yes he did throw the game clinching interception ... but Peyton Manning threw the game clinching interception against the Saints, yet I didn't hear anyone saying how that Super Bowl loss was on Manning

so anyway ... a little trip down memory lane

if this bugs you, blame my co-worker ... his name is Tom
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin