Confirmed: 2015 NFL Draft to be held in Chicago

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday that the league has narrowed down its 2015 NFL Draft options to Los Angeles and Chicago. The event has been held in New York City every year since 1965 and has been at Radio City Music Hall since 2006.
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported last month that Radio City Music Hall officials informed the NFL that the venue would not be available in April or May. Goodell said Thursday that a final decision on location could be made by the end of the summer.
Roger Goodell: 2015 draft to be held in L.A. or Chicago
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

It will be in la since they trying to get a team there.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I don't see how holding the draft in L.A. one time will help attract a team.
wab
Mod

Chicago is very desirable due to the downtown area. It's got a similar feel to NYC in that for as big as it is, it's got an intimate feel to it. Which is what you want in a venue that is trying to make the city a part of the "event".

LA is pretty spread out. And douchey.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I'm really hoping for Chicago. It would be awesome to screaming Bears fans at the draft rather than whiny Jets and Giants fans.
wab
Mod

Agreed. If they want football fans, it'll be Chicago. If they want celebrities, it'll be LA.
UOK
Site Admin

Chicago will host the '15 Draft.
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

Perfect timing. Phil had some ruff spots in his early drafts and looks to have knocked 2014 out of the park. Can't wait to see what he does in 2015 in front of the home crowed.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Next year's draft will be at the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University in Chicago from April 30 to May 2.
It will be so nice to see screaming Bear fans instead of Jets and Giants fans throwing a fit about who their team drafted in the 6th round, which could be counted on happening every year.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Anyone interested in going???
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I would think about it. Is there a cost to get in? I would stay until the Bears picked and then I would get the hell out. It is a ways off, plenty of time to think about it.
UOK
Site Admin

It's cool that it's in Chicago but this is basically our silver medal award since Soldier Field will never host a Super Bowl.
Stay_Cool
MVP

I will be there, and the Draft has usually been free so I'd imagine the same
Don't tell me the sky's the limit... There's footprints on the moon!!!
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:It's cool that it's in Chicago but this is basically our silver medal award since Soldier Field will never host a Super Bowl.
That dream died when Soldier Field was redesigned. When Soldier Field was redone, it became the smallest stadium in the NFL with a capacity of 61,000. The NFL requires a capacity minimum of 70,000 to host a Super Bowl.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RING4CHI wrote:
Next year's draft will be at the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University in Chicago from April 30 to May 2.
It will be so nice to see screaming Bear fans instead of Jets and Giants fans throwing a fit about who their team drafted in the 6th round, which could be counted on happening every year.

I did a Google search for "meatball hats", and there doesn't appear to be a big selection ... there are baseball caps (which would need to be in Bears blue of course) :

then there is a knitted Flying Spaghetti Monster variation, but many might not get that :

a meatball hat, a Ditka jersey, and we'll be all set to be the stereotype others depict us as while setting us separate from these guys :

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
IE
Hall of Famer

I'll be there. Going to the draft has been on the bucket list for a long time. Having it in Chicago (and potentially for only one time?)... I'll be there, regardless of cost.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
IE
Hall of Famer

LOL ... "free"... whoever DOES get the tickets is going to be making big bank, selling them on ebay.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wab
Mod

RING4CHI wrote:
UOK wrote:It's cool that it's in Chicago but this is basically our silver medal award since Soldier Field will never host a Super Bowl.
That dream died when Soldier Field was redesigned. When Soldier Field was redone, it became the smallest stadium in the NFL with a capacity of 61,000. The NFL requires a capacity minimum of 70,000 to host a Super Bowl.
Fucking park district.
wab
Mod

IE wrote:I'll be there. Going to the draft has been on the bucket list for a long time. Having it in Chicago (and potentially for only one time?)... I'll be there, regardless of cost.
I spend 30 years of my life 45 minutes from downtown. I spend 6 months in Texas and all the cool shit I've always wanted to do moves to downtown Chicago.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

My company is hosting an event at a nearby restaurant with ESPN anchors and Bears' football players from 4-6:30pm, and then we all get up and go to the draft. I am trying to get one of my accounts nominated for the event so that I can go. I am also volunteering as a host, if they need it. I'm getting into this damn thing.
G08
Hall of Famer

Dude good luck! I'll be farting around Grant Park at some of those tents getting bombed!
Last edited by G08 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

OK. Its official. I have a ticket to Friday's round 2-3. Our company is holding an event at a nearby restaurant. Alshon Jeffery and Matt Forte will be there signing autographs, and talking with our VIP invitees. Mike Golic is going to be doing a draft day, chalk talk Q&A in preparation for that night's event. I will provide a full report after the event. This is going to be a blast!
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

nice! dont forget to boo goodell, and boo whoever the jets take. it wouldnt be a proper draft without booing jets fans so you'll have to be a surrogate. FOR AMERICA!
Stay_Cool
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:OK. Its official. I have a ticket to Friday's round 2-3. Our company is holding an event at a nearby restaurant. Alshon Jeffery and Matt Forte will be there signing autographs, and talking with our VIP invitees. Mike Golic is going to be doing a draft day, chalk talk Q&A in preparation for that night's event. I will provide a full report after the event. This is going to be a blast!
Damn i wish i could give you my alshon jersey to get signed. I was so hyped when we grabbed him
Don't tell me the sky's the limit... There's footprints on the moon!!!