Tim Beckman fired from Illinois 1 week before season begins

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... im-beckman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The decision was made following preliminary results of an external review into allegations involving the football program. Illinois athletic director Mike Thomas said the decision to fire Beckman came after he received preliminary information from an investigation into the football program. The investigation of Beckman and the Illinois football program -- as well as other Illinois athletic programs -- came following allegations of mistreatment by former players.

“The preliminary information external reviewers shared with me does not reflect our values or our commitment to the welfare of our student-athletes, and I've chosen to act accordingly,” said Illinois athletic director Mike Thomas in a release. “During the review, we have asked people not to rush to judgment, but I now have enough information to make this decision in assessing the status and direction of the football program.”

Read more at the top link.
Ormazd
MVP

Hallefuckinlujah.

This doofus was over his head and an embarrassment.
Stay_Cool
MVP

BE A MAN AND SCHEDULE NIU UofI!!!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit... There's footprints on the moon!!!
IE
Hall of Famer

Lol. NIU.

Beckman sucked, and they're just going to have a hard time getting a decent guy to step into that Illinois job. Not because they are afraid of NIU (lol again)... but because who wants to sacrifice their career on the alter of Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, etc? Lol Northwestern.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Stay_Cool
MVP

IE wrote:Lol. NIU.

Beckman sucked, and they're just going to have a hard time getting a decent guy to step into that Illinois job. Not because they are afraid of NIU (lol again)... but because who wants to sacrifice their career on the alter of Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, etc? Lol Northwestern.
Illini fan? I hope you're ready for a whole bunch of this really soon

All aboard the PJ Fleck hype train... bahahaha
IE
Hall of Famer

LOL. I mean... good for NIU, but NIU against most Big 10 teams is like when I was in HS and my small town team made it to the state football championship only to get smoked a few years in a row by Joliet Catholic. Big fish; small pond.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Stay_Cool
MVP

IE wrote:LOL. I mean... good for NIU, but NIU against most Big 10 teams is like when I was in HS and my small town team made it to the state football championship only to get smoked a few years in a row by Joliet Catholic. Big fish; small pond.
They were within 7pts of FSU in the 4th quarter of the orange bowl... that's pretty impressive. They just keep winning man