Rd 7, #230 pick: Daniel Braverman, WR - W. Michigan

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

IE
Hall of Famer

White men can't jump.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

IE wrote:White men can't jump.

an utterly terrible movie
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

You keep posting these comps and I keep thinking that they are not equivalent because Braverman is worse. I think you are rounding up a little bit because of the C on his helmet.
xyt in the discord chats
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

A 28" vertical sucks for the NFL. I had a 33" vertical when I was his age, and I was about the same size.
G08
Hall of Famer

crueltyabc wrote:You keep posting these comps and I keep thinking that they are not equivalent because Braverman is worse. I think you are rounding up a little bit because of the C on his helmet.
I'd say that's accurate, but things like verticals for a slot WR don't mean much to me. His route running is pristine.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

IE
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:

And apparently a bad joke too.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Middleguard
MVP

IE wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

And apparently a bad joke too.
It was the very first thing that came to my mind, so I'm glad you said it first.
G08
Hall of Famer

Note from Day 2 of Rookie Minicamp:

7th round WR Daniel Braverman is every bit as quick as most expected. He was a load for defensive backs all afternoon and was clearly the favorite target for QB Dalyn Williams.
Braverman made a handful of grabs on underneath routes, using his quickness and burst out of his break to consistently create separation. He doesn't have good size at all but as far as his skill set as a receiver, he's a legitimate NFL pass catcher.
Worth noting is Braverman's effort on a reverse play, in which he locked up the defender and blocked him well down the field for nearly 10 seconds. He's a gamer in every area.

G08
Hall of Famer

Note from Day 3 of Rookie Minicamp:

Just like yesterday, seventh-round WR Daniel Braverman was almost impossible to cover today. His most impressive catch came against man coverage, with fourth-round CB Deiondre Hall in press. Braverman stemmed his route to five yards before breaking inside. The quick cut left Hall in his wake, yet the pass to the crossing route was high. Braverman elevated and snatched the ball out of the air, showing very sticky hands.

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Isn't Kevin White there too? I know he is eligible to go.
G08
Hall of Famer

Not for the rookie one that just concluded. I want to say they start the veteran one soon though.

I think this kid is going to be a good one if he can manage to not get himself killed in the slot. I think he's got more juice than Wes Welker did (no this doesn't mean I think he is a better player than or will be as good as Wes Welker).

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

Pagan
MVP

I'm rooting for him... the littlest WR that ever was....
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

On Kevin White I thought he could because he did not accrued any nfl vet points.
malk
Head Coach

I don't even think he's that small (and am not sure I care all that much in any case). He's 9lbs lighter than Eddie Royal was coming out of college and doesn't look to be much of a gym rat (again, don't really care) so could add about that amount relatively easily if he wanted. I suspect it just isn't an issue for a situational player.

As long as we're not designing players where he needs to obliterate someone in a block 10lbs here or there just doesn't matter to me.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Pagan
MVP

I agree Mak, I think he could have a lot of success as our slot WR & maybe our kick off returner. I love that this team now has quite a few viable option at these positions.
G08
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:I don't even think he's that small (and am not sure I care all that much in any case). He's 9lbs lighter than Eddie Royal was coming out of college and doesn't look to be much of a gym rat (again, don't really care) so could add about that amount relatively easily if he wanted. I suspect it just isn't an issue for a situational player.

As long as we're not designing players where he needs to obliterate someone in a block 10lbs here or there just doesn't matter to me.
Eddie Royal (5095, 184 lbs)
Lance Moore (5092, 177 lbs)
Tyler Lockett (5097, 182 lbs)
Johnny Knox (5114, 185 lbs)

Daniel Braverman (5097, 175 lbs)

The template is there, and the coach that helped develop Lance Moore is now our WR coach. I trust that he'll see the same opportunity to develop Braverman that he did with Moore.

G08
Hall of Famer

I've talked a lot about seventh-round WR Daniel Braverman the past month and he again stood out today. He has been borderline un-coverable since rookie minicamp and it was no different this afternoon.

On separate snaps, he beat CB Deiondre Hall on a deep sideline route, ILB Nick Kwiatkoski on a quick out and S Chris Prosniski on a deep out. On all three of those catches, he created at least a yard of separation between him and the defender.

Braverman also took reps during kick return drills. If he carries this over to training camp, not only will he make the 53-man roster but Braverman could earn himself a good portion of the pass-catching targets this year. The comparisons to Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman are legit.