246: R7P28
QB BRADY GUSTAFSON
MONTANA

252: R7P34
NT JOSH TUPOU
COLORADO
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
karhu
Head Coach

My version of Mori's last draft. Traded down from 1.3, 4.3, and 4.14; goal was to draft BPA in the first two rounds and to hedge my bets with numbers in the latter rounds.

8: R1P8
DL JONATHAN ALLEN
ALABAMA
Not the biggest need, but a big enough one. He and Myles Garrett are my top tier by now, the only guys in the draft who seem elite to me.

35: R2P3
QB DESHONE KIZER
NOTRE DAME
Something's deeply wrong at ND, and I don't think it's Kizer. I'm surprised he fell this far, but not shocked.

40: R2P8
S MALIK HOOKER
OHIO STATE
Exactly the player our secondary needs: a true cover safety with gigantic range and excellent ball skills. Adrian Amos goes back to being the strong safety he's always really been.

67: R3P3
DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON
I *really* don't need another DE, which I think is Vea's best position on our team. But he can easily back up Goldman, too, giving him a breather on some passing downs and being available full-time in case of injury. Allen for Unrein Washington and Vea for CJ Wilson gives us obscene talent and depth. And he's just so damned good; a guy like this makes it to the third round, and you take him.

72: R3P8
CB QUINCY WILSON
FLORIDA
I'm not quite as high on him as his biggest supporters are, but I'm higher on him than this.

99: R3P35
WR ZAY JONES
EAST CAROLINA
For a rookie QB, a super-polished, ultra-productive rookie WR.

115: R4P12
OT DION DAWKINS
TEMPLE
With Grasu returning next year, we've got looming depth on the interior line. Not so much at tackle, and Dawkins should be able to back up both spots for now.

135: R4P32
CB CHIDOBE AWUZLE
COLORADO
Really surprised that he's here, but I'd half-figured already that I'd be doubling down at CB with this pick. Looks like the kind of player Donatell likes.

145: R5P3
OT TAYLOR MOTON
WESTERN MICHIGAN
Now I'm just drafting value, and I think Moton's two rounds low here. Probably exclusively a RT as a pro, but that and health are exactly what the line needs.

177: R5P35
EDGE TAKKARIST MCKINLEY
UCLA
Silly that he's here. I wanted some depth at OLB, but didn't think I'd be able to wait for McKinley.

207: R6P28
WR TAYWAN TAYLOR
WESTERN KENTUCKY
Explosive athleticism to complement Jones' more possession-oriented game.

214: R6P35
TE COLE HIKUTINI
LOUISVILLE
Braunecker can block a bit, so here's a flat-out weapon in the Zach Miller mold.

221: R7P3
S LORENZO JEROME
SAINT FRANCIS
At the very least, a dangerous return man. And quite possibly another safety who excels in deep coverage.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

NFL Mocks (Matt Miller) 11/28
Fanspeak needs, two trades

1-3: Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama. He's likely to get nitpicked to death between now and the draft. JMSO, he'll live up to the Crimson Hype.

traded 2-35, 4-117, and a future 3rd for 1-31
1-31: Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech. Getting that 5th yr option on a QB is big. Really big. And I'm a Mahomes guy. (Which means he'll prolly bust out.)

3-67: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado. better year last year than this, but still more than solid. Biggest question mark is top-end speed.

traded 4-106 for 4-115 and 5-177
4-115: Quin Blanding, S, Virginia. Has some experience at CB and is a productive S. Concern is size and thus durability.

5-145: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU. Total value pick; might be a little low, though he has some consistency question marks so who knows?

5-177: Jonah Pirsig, T, Minnesota. Has the size and athleticism. Needs to get stronger.

7-221: Darrell Daniels, te, Washington. This one is probably too low, cos he's going to run well and speed tends to get overdrafted. But I'll take the gift for now.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
karhu
Head Coach

thunderspirit wrote: Getting that 5th yr option on a QB is big. Really big.
Damn, I'd never considered that when running one of these things. Guess the top of the order hasn't changed, so....

Fanspeak vs. random, Fanspeak needs.

-- Traded 1.3 for 1.8, 2.8, 3.8, 3.35

1.8 Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama

-- Traded 2.3 and 4.14 for 1.32 and 6.31

1.32 Pat Mahomes, QB, TTU
Kizer was there, too, but after last night...ugh.

-- Traded 2.8 for 2.13 and 4.1

2.13 Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
I'm a believer.

3.3 Marcus Williams, FS, Utah

3.8 Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida St.

3.35 Dion Dawkins, OT, Temple

-- Traded 4.1 for 4.6 and 5.33

4.3 Carroll Phillips, OLB, Illinois

4.6 Taylor Moton, OT, Western Michigan

5.3 Zay Jones, WR, Eastern Carolina

5.33 Jordan Willis, OLB, Kansas St.
What the-?

6.31 Jeremy Cutrer, CB, Middle Tennessee St.

7.3 Forrest Lamp, OL, Western Kentucky
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

malk
Head Coach

thunderspirit wrote: traded 2-35, 4-117, and a future 3rd for 1-31
1-31: Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech. Getting that 5th yr option on a QB is big. Really big. And I'm a Mahomes guy. (Which means he'll prolly bust out.)
That's a great point!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Mock Drafts 11/28
Fanspeak needs

12: R1P12
FS MALIK HOOKER
OHIO STATE

TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA

40: R2P8
QB MASON RUDOLPH
OKLAHOMA STATE

ILB ANTHONY WALKER JR.
NORTHWESTERN

72: R3P8
E CHRIS WORMLEY
MICHIGAN

106: R4P3
S EDDIE JACKSON
ALABAMA

118: R4P15
OT JULIE'N DAVENPORT
BUCKNELL

OT JON HECK
NORTH CAROLINA

191: R6P12
OLB EJUAN PRICE
PITTSBURGH

211: R6P32
TE JOSIAH PRICE
MICHIGAN STATE

OT ANDREAS KNAPPE
CONNECTICUT

230: R7P12
E TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

Trubinski and Kizer went 1-2, so I had to go to Plan B of trade down for a stud safety
OTs continued their endless streak of going significantly before where the board has them rated. It just can't be luck - Fanspeak needs must have tons of teams identified as needing OT. I finally had to jump Davenport and Heck 30 spots before their ranking to avoid getting totally shut out.

S went fantastic
TE went fantastic
ILB went great, especially with Trevathan probably limited in 2017
E went pretty well
QB went as well as could be hoped, given 1-2, although I doubt that solves things
OT gets a maybe. At least you can shed Massie and Adams. Maybe you have to try again in 1-2 yrs, maybe this does it.

karhu
Head Coach

Heh. I've been wondering why Walker kept popping up in your drafts. I guess fate answered that one.

karhu
Head Coach

SandyHoax wrote:For anyone who's looking for a alternative to fanspeak, I offer http://www.draftwired.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Intriguing, but manoman is that a funky site. Tried three times to register a trial membership and none of them succeeded.

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

12/1 Fanspeak
Fanspeak needs, trades

Skipped Marcus Williams, Wormley, Sprinkle, Njoku, and a couple others for unrealistic placement

12: R1P12
QB DESHONE KIZER
NOTRE DAME

I'm dubious this is possible - I still think he's a top 5 pick - but I decide to let myself be greedy for one draft.

FS MALIK HOOKER
OHIO STATE

44: R2P12
TE BUCKY HODGES
VIRGINIA TECH

OLB DEMARCUS WALKER
FLORIDA STATE

Lot of debate here, finally found him too productive to pass

76: R3P12
ILB ANTHONY WALKER
NORTHWESTERN

106: R4P3
OT CONOR MCDERMOTT
UCLA

131: R4P28
K DANIEL CARLSON
AUBURN

135: R4P32
G JOHNNY CASPERS
STANFORD

139: R4P36
OT JULIE'N DAVENPORT
BUCKNELL

WR STACY COLEY
MIAMI

Soured on our WRs obviously. Great speed and quality kick returner - makes Thompson expendable and probably Royal, too.

214: R6P35
E TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

FB FREDDIE STEVENSON
FLORIDA STATE

Lasike always seems to grade out poorly

227: R7P9
RB SHOCK LINWOOD
BAYLOR

After dumping Quiz, and Senorise Perry, there's not anything left to develop after the top 3. Productive 4 yr starter.

karhu
Head Coach

Fanspeak vs Random, Fanspeak needs. Made sure to trade my n.3 picks for Jacksonville's n.4s.

Lots of trades, lots of 'em. Ended up with two 2018 fifth-rounders, too. This is the let's-see-what-Barkley-can-do-next-year draft.

22: R1P22
S MALIK HOOKER
OHIO STATE
I think he's low here, and I think he's especially low for us: a team with a burgeoning pass rush, a lot of young CBs, a few good box safeties, and no FS on the roster.

36: R2P4
CB SIDNEY JONES
WASHINGTON
Couldn't not draft him, really. I like what Porter's done for us, but I'm not counting on him next year. And Fuller's future is in serious doubt. Let the current youngsters keep develping; Jones is ready to take a starting job right away.

59: R2P27
WR COREY DAVIS
WESTERN MICHIGAN
Stranger things have happened. I'm going to take a QB, promise, but this is exactly the kind of prodigal rookie we need to think about adding to the corps rightnow.

68: R3P4
QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
TEXAS TECH
Did not think I'd land my guy this late. But again, stranger things have happened, especially to system QBs who've suffered significant injuries.

86: R3P22
EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
STANFORD
Ah, shit. This is why it's a game, isn't it? Two inches taller and he'd be illegal; as it is, he's a 280-pound Tasmanian devil who can play whatever cute name we want to call the Try And Stop This, Asshole 5/3-tech position. He's even from Chicago.

107: R4P4
OT DION DAWKINS
TEMPLE
My favorite mid-round swing tackle. Mike Adams, we hardly knew ye.

120: R4P17
OT TAYLOR MOTON
WESTERN MICHIGAN
Might end up being my favorite right-side tail-kicker. I think he's got the makings of an excellent RT, but he might be even better suited to RG. In any case, there's got to be room on the roster for a guy like that.

140: R4P37
WR ZAY JONES
EAST CAROLINA
I think he's a rich man's Marty Booker. Which we could use: that crash you just heard was a Bears WR dropping a glass full of milk.

146: R5P4
EDGE DAESHON HALL
TEXAS A&M
I make him a power OLB in the McPhee mold. Can you imagine him and McPhee flanking a Hicks-Goldman-Thomas line on run downs?

151: R5P9
S MARCUS WILLIAMS
UTAH
What's that? Back spasms? Better put you on IR until Adrian Amos signs a team-friendly contract exten- I mean, until you're better. Next year.

195: R6P16
EDGE TAKKARIST MCKINLEY
UCLA
Don't need him, won't not take him. Another back-spasm candidate, since I'm still tapping my fingers together Montgomery Burns-style over Roy Robertson-Harris's debut next year.

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Fanspeak

1: R1P4
DL JONATHAN ALLEN
ALABAMA
2: R2P4
QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
TEXAS TECH
3: R3P4
WR COREY DAVIS
WESTERN MICHIGAN
4: R4P4
CB DAMONTAE KAZEE
SAN DIEGO STATE
5: R4P13
S JUSTIN EVANS
TEXAS A&M
6: R5P4
OT CONOR MCDERMOTT
UCLA
7: R7P4
EDGE CHAD THOMAS
MIAMI
Never Die Easy
karhu
Head Coach

Fanspeak vs. random, Fanspeak needs. No trades.

4: R1P4
DL JONATHAN ALLEN
ALABAMA
Natch.

S MALIK HOOKER
OHIO STATE
Double-natch. I think he was my only tier 2 guy left.

QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
TEXAS TECH
I know the bandwagon's getting full, but this could reasonably happen, too. Perfect guy to coach up behind Barkley.

WR COOPER KUPP
EASTERN WASHINGTON
I keep thinking that I want a sort of Marty Booker Deluxe to bring up with a rookie QB, and there are a couple of those guys in this draft. Kupp could be the best of 'em.

116: R4P13
OT DION DAWKINS
TEMPLE
Finally, a true swing tackle to bring along.

EDGE TAKKARIST MCKINLEY
UCLA
Couldn't not take him here.

222: R7P4
TE COLE HIKUTINI
LOUISVILLE
Not a complete TE, just a kick-ass receiver. We can get a blocker later on, or maybe Logan Paulsen's not tripping over his shoelaces any more....

URFAs:
Limiting myself to six guys I think could legitimately compete for a roster position. Plus a QB, because you always add a QB.
Forrest Lamp, OL, Western Kentucky
Danny Isidora, G, Miami (not even listed here, so this is kinda cheating. But I'm seriously intrigued by this guy.)
Tannoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
Josh Augusta, NT, Peoria via Mizzou
Brady Gustafson, QB, Montana
Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama
Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

12/6 Arrowhead, Fanspeak needs
no trades
skipped Marcus Williams, others for ridiculous placement

Trading down is a lot more fun, but this is probably more realistic

QB DESHONE KIZER
NOTRE DAME

FS MALIK HOOKER
OHIO ST.

Might have to be Eddie Jackson instead, as Hooker seems to be leaning to returning lately

WR JOHN ROSS
WASHINGTON

Shocked that all 4 of the high end TEs gone by 58. FU all, but at least this bolsters the receiving, too.

ILB ANTHONY WALKER
NORTHWESTERN

Not as pressing with Kwiatkoski shinning. I may not take him in the first 75ish anymore, but at 107, I'm still in.

OT JULIE'N DAVENPORT
BUCKRELL

The usual deal with OTs getting the locust treatment

K DANIEL CARLSON
AUBURN

E TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

IE
Hall of Famer

I'm not much of a draftnik, and couldn't tell you who I'd like after round 3 maybe. But here's my take:

The Bears...
- don't need a QB this year, unless one of the good prospects falls into the 4th round like a cousins or cook. They don't. None of these prospects are as good as Barkley, no matter how he performs in the next few weeks.
- DLine would be good, but a Charles Woodson-like true playmaker in the secondary seems like a much better asset to me ... and harder to find. That means Peppers.
- TE is a huge need. I don't want to go all Wolverine on this, but Butt would be a good pickup. I've seen a lot of Butt here in Ann Arbor. :) I haven't watched much of the other prospects.... so whoever - but to me, that's a top need.
- Outside of that, how about just drafting a shit-load of tackles.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Arrowhead Addiction 12/12/16:

EDGE MYLES GARRETT
TEXAS A&M
QB PAT MAHOMES
TEXAS TECH.
TE JAKE BUTT
MICHIGAN
CB JAMAR SUMMERS
CONNECTICUT
WR JAMES WASHINGTON
OKLAHOMA ST.
S MONTAE NICHOLSON
MICHIGAN
OT DION DAWKINS
TEMPLE
Never Die Easy
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

IE wrote:I'm not much of a draftnik, and couldn't tell you who I'd like after round 3 maybe. But here's my take:

The Bears...
- don't need a QB this year, unless one of the good prospects falls into the 4th round like a cousins or cook. They don't. None of these prospects are as good as Barkley, no matter how he performs in the next few weeks.
- DLine would be good, but a Charles Woodson-like true playmaker in the secondary seems like a much better asset to me ... and harder to find. That means Peppers.
- TE is a huge need. I don't want to go all Wolverine on this, but Butt would be a good pickup. I've seen a lot of Butt here in Ann Arbor. :) I haven't watched much of the other prospects.... so whoever - but to me, that's a top need.

Butt would be a good pickup. It's a good to great year for TE, though, with 3-6 quality options.

Agreed on DL. We could use one more solid option, but I just don't put it high enough to make it happen this year, in most drafts.

S is definitely a bigger need, but I'm iffy on Peppers. "What's their position?" is always a huge turnoff for me. It's also shaping up to be a good-great year for safety, which hasn't been the case for years. Now is the time.

OT, unfortunately, is a pretty weak crop.

Same for QB and we'll just have to agree to disagree on the level of need there.

karhu
Head Coach

IE wrote:I'm not much of a draftnik, and couldn't tell you who I'd like after round 3 maybe. But here's my take:

The Bears...
IMSO:

- I guess I can agree that we don't need a QB, but I really think we ought to take one this year and every single year until we're overstocked with excellent prospects. Doesn't need to be a top pick or anything, maybe a Brady Gustafson. Just someone we can coach up.

- Agreed to a point on DL. I'm more interested in adding the best talent possible than in trying to fill a bunch of inside straights in the draft, and since Jonathan Allen has only Myles Garrett for company in my top tier of players, I'd like to see us draft him if he's there and figure out the rest later. And if he declares, I think Vita Vea is nearly as promising, and would be an ungodly steal in the second. But we do need that playmaker in the secondary. I just think that this is a terrific draft for secondary help, so I wouldn't mind seeing us wait a while. And I'm not as sold as you on Peppers. Maybe just feeling a bit cautious after going apeshit for a similar guy in Jalen Ramsey last year.

- TE's kinda like DB for me: no one I'm over the moon for, but so many good prospects that I'd hate to see us pass up an elite player for a merely solid one, even at a thinner position. If we need a blocker, those guys seem to always be available; if we need a receiver, this draft is loaded. Butt's in rare company as a guy who can do both, sure, but I'm not convinced that we're being held back this year by having a bunch of one-trick TEs. Still holding out hope for Braunecker, too.

- Would be cool to totally stock the cupboard across the OL, but I'm worried that lots of teams will reach for tackles in a draft like this. Besides, we really just need the one swing tackle to replace Mike Adams...er, make that Matt McCants (and maybe a guy for the PS).

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

CBS 12/6, Fanspeak Needs

I did 2 versions
1) With Kizer, no trades
2) No Kizer, trades
Right now, many boards would allow you to trade down and still get him, but I don't believe it and won't, unless it still looks that way around April 1 - so I'm not burning any time on it.

QB DESHONE KIZER
NOTRE DAME

TE BUCKY HODGES
VIRGINIA TECH

This is the guy to do something about red zone issues

FS EDDIE JACKSON
ALABAMA

K DANIEL CARLSON
AUBURN

WR STACY COLEY
MIAMI (FLA.)

OT JULIE'N DAVENPORT
BUCKNELL

E TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

4 positions hopefully solved, 1 role player, and 2 physical specimens for development

----------------------------------

13: R1P13
SS JAMAL ADAMS
LSU

TE BUCKY HODGES
VIRGINIA TECH

52: R2P20
OT MIKE MCGLINCHEY
NOTRE DAME

OLB DEMARCUS WALKER
FLORIDA STATE

77: R3P13
FS EDDIE JACKSON
ALABAMA

OT CHAD WHEELER
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

K DANIEL CARLSON
AUBURN

155: R5P13
OT JULIE'N DAVENPORT
BUCKNELL

185: R6P6
G JOHNNY CASPERS
STANFORD

199: R6P20
ILB HARDY NICKERSON
ILLINOIS

E TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

238: R7P20
QB BRADY GUSTAFSON
MONTANA

239: R7P21
WR KD CANNON
BAYLOR

251: R7P33
P CAMERON JOHNSTON
OHIO STATE

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Draftek 12/13
I tried "Difficult" for the first time. The trade offer I got in v2 still seemed generous, though.

Only players I remember having to pass on were Kizer (way too low) and Hooker (convinced he's returning)

E JONATHAN ALLEN
ALABAMA

FS MARCUS WILLIAMS
UTAH

TE JORDAN LEGGETT
CLEMSON

SS EDDIE JACKSON
ALABAMA

117: R4P14
ILB ANTHONY WALKER
NORTHWESTERN

OT CONOR MCDERMOTT
UCLA

QB BRADY GUSTAFSON
MONTANA

v2, with trade

10: R1P10
SS JAMAL ADAMS
LSU

TE BUCKY HODGES
VIRGINIA TECH

42: R2P10
FS MARCUS WILLIAMS
UTAH

OT AVERY GENNESY
TEXAS A&M

74: R3P10
C/G/T ETHAN POCIC
LSU

E JALEEL JOHNSON
IOWA

113: R4P10
WR STACY COLEY
MIAMI (FL)

ILB ANTHONY WALKER
NORTHWESTERN

K DANIEL CARLSON
AUBURN

QB BRADY GUSTAFSON
MONTANA

I'm doubling up on safety in both of these.

thunderspirit
Head Coach

Fanspeak 12/13

1-4 DL JONATHAN ALLEN, ALABAMA
traded 2-36 to CLEVELAND for 2-47, 4-104, and 4-141
2-47 QB PATRICK MAHOMES II, TEXAS TECH
3-68 TE JAKE BUTT, MICHIGAN
4-104 S JUSTIN EVANS, TEXAS A&M
4-107 CB QUINCY WILSON, FLORIDA
4-117 CB CHIDOBE AWUZLE, COLORADO
4-141 EDGE JORDAN WILLIS, KANSAS STATE
5-146 T JON HECK, NORTH CAROLINA
7-222 WR MICHAEL RECTOR, STANFORD

Mahomes, Butt, and Rector seem pretty optimistic here, but meh. It's speculation, after all.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Bleacher Report - Matt Miller 12/16

1: R1P4
DL JONATHAN ALLEN
ALABAMA
2: R2P4
CB DESMOND KING
IOWA
3: R3P4
TE JORDAN LEGGETT
CLEMSON
4: R4P4
QB PATRICK MAHOMES
TEXAS TECH
5: R4P14
WR JAMES WASHINGTON
OKLAHOMA STATE
6: R5P4
OT DION DAWKINS
TEMPLE
7: R7P4
S NATHAN GERRY
NEBRASKA
Never Die Easy
karhu
Head Coach

Same as DSF: Matt Miller, no trades.

DL JONATHAN ALLEN
ALABAMA
1a in the whole draft; I'll take it.

CB DESMOND KING
IOWA
A lot of the skepticism directed at him doesn't mean as much in a Donatell system as it would in others. Teeny little steal here, I think.

QB PATRICK MAHOMES
TEXAS TECH
Gotta have a QB, and this is far enough for him to fall.

WR COOPER KUPP
EASTERN WASHINGTON
One of a handful of guys in this draft who'd be perfect for our system. Gets open regardless of coverage/depth of route, excellent quickness, good strength, great hands.

OT DION DAWKINS
TEMPLE
Finally, an honest-to-goodness swing tackle.

S LORENZO JEROME
SAINT FRANCIS (PA)
Safety broke really poorly for me, so here's a small-school Earl Thomas type. Also a great return man.

G DANNY ISIDORA
MIAMI (FLA.)
Don't know what he did to deserve falling this far. Honestly, I don't want to know. If he falls out of the 2nd/3rd for some reason, he'll be a bargain; here he's a felony.

ON EDIT: Looks like I reached for a bunch of guys (Mahomes, Dawkins) compared to DSF. Good patience, man.

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

karhu wrote:Same as DSF: Matt Miller, no trades.

DL JONATHAN ALLEN
ALABAMA
1a in the whole draft; I'll take it.

CB DESMOND KING
IOWA
A lot of the skepticism directed at him doesn't mean as much in a Donatell system as it would in others. Teeny little steal here, I think.

QB PATRICK MAHOMES
TEXAS TECH
Gotta have a QB, and this is far enough for him to fall.

WR COOPER KUPP
EASTERN WASHINGTON
One of a handful of guys in this draft who'd be perfect for our system. Gets open regardless of coverage/depth of route, excellent quickness, good strength, great hands.

OT DION DAWKINS
TEMPLE
Finally, an honest-to-goodness swing tackle.

S LORENZO JEROME
SAINT FRANCIS (PA)
Safety broke really poorly for me, so here's a small-school Earl Thomas type. Also a great return man.

G DANNY ISIDORA
MIAMI (FLA.)
Don't know what he did to deserve falling this far. Honestly, I don't want to know. If he falls out of the 2nd/3rd for some reason, he'll be a bargain; here he's a felony.

ON EDIT: Looks like I reached for a bunch of guys (Mahomes, Dawkins) compared to DSF. Good patience, man.
Thanks, buddy - I wish the Bears had that luxury in the real draft. :)
Never Die Easy
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I think Jonathan Allen is the best talent in this draft after watching a lot more of his tape compared to Myles Garrett. If were able to land him somehow - I'd be ecstatic. Just salivating at him, Goldman and Hicks terrorizing opposing OL with Floyd and McPhee coming off the edge.

Honestly, I had high hopes for Bullard but he's really disappointed in his rookie season. He's been virtually non-existent. Allen coming in will light a fire under his arse as well.
Never Die Easy
karhu
Head Coach

Yeah, Allen's got that Ndamukong Suh burst and violence, but he uses it so much better than Suh. He just takes that extra half-beat to diagnose everything in front of him, then uses that burst to compensate. He's like a linebacker that way. Almost like Scottie Pippen never forgetting the stuff he had to do as a 6'1" point guard, even when he grew half a foot taller.

Bullard hasn't looked like himself all year. Maybe it's because I've had no end of stress fractures and plantar fasciitis, but I think his foot's messed up. In any case, even if he'd lived up to his billing, that wouldn't be reason not to take Allen. Get him healthy and fighting mad for a spot in the rotation, and we'd have the only thing better than the line you mentioned: the line you mentioned, only perpetually well rested.

wab
Mod

DaSuperfan wrote:Honestly, I had high hopes for Bullard but he's really disappointed in his rookie season. He's been virtually non-existent. Allen coming in will light a fire under his arse as well.
Bullard is basically McPhee without the quickness. That's why I hated the pick. He's a terrible fit for this defense because he's too light/weak to play DE, and he's too slow/heavy to play LB.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:Honestly, I had high hopes for Bullard but he's really disappointed in his rookie season. He's been virtually non-existent. Allen coming in will light a fire under his arse as well.
Bullard is basically McPhee without the quickness. That's why I hated the pick. He's a terrible fit for this defense because he's too light/weak to play DE, and he's too slow/heavy to play LB.
You may be right.

When his name came up in R2, I wasn't interested, but for R3 I was willing to gamble he could get bigger.

He goes in the file of Picks I Liked at the Time, But Quickly Soured On with Jeremy Langford.

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Matt Miler 12/16
Difficult, trades, Fanspeak needs

Did this one twice, both came out almost identical.
I really like it, in that everything I wanted to cover gets some meaningful help, even if that position might need more before long.
Also the trades were very minor and realistic (traded down in R2 & R4 for some extra day 3s).

One unfortunately thing, though, is that I've had CB on my no need list, with the assumption that Fuller would be back for 2 more years, minimum. If that ends up not being the case, then that position is a wreck.

QB DESHONE KIZER
NOTRE DAME

41: R2P9
TE BUCKY HODGES
VIRGINIA TECH

S EDDIE JACKSON
ALABAMA

E JALEEL JOHNSON
IOWA

OT DION DAWKINS
TEMPLE

131: R4P28
WR STACY COLEY
MIAMI (FLA.)

K DANIEL CARLSON
AUBURN

174: R5P32
ILB KEITH KELSEY
LOUISVILLE

192: R6P13
G SEAN HARLOW
OREGON STATE

E TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

247: R7P29
QB CHAD KELLY
OLE MISS

bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

He thinks we're going Washington Redskins on drafting QBs?
karhu
Head Coach

bearsfaninaz wrote:He thinks we're going Washington Redskins on drafting QBs?
He's a fellow poster, so he can speak for himself, but doubling down makes a ton of sense to me. Especially with a seventh-rounder who we can easily stash for a year on IR.