View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 40  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:13 pm 
Head Coach

damn, that dime was positively matt barkley-esque.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:19 pm 
MVP

From what I have heard from the experts, this is the guy who has what it takes to be a top 5 pick and day 1 NFL starter. Everybody else is a late 1st or early 2nd round prospect.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:40 pm 
Hall of Famer

RustyTrombone wrote:
damn, that dime was positively matt barkley-esque.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Clarence wrote:
Ps G08 is a moran [ :thumbsup: ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:19 pm 
Hall of Famer

ysleblanc wrote:
From what I have heard from the experts, this is the guy who has what it takes to be a top 5 pick and day 1 NFL starter. Everybody else is a late 1st or early 2nd round prospect.

There's a solid argument for him from a leadership, football intelligence standpoint. He's got a good enough arm, he's athletic, he can extend and make plays with his feet. There is a lot to work with... the BIG question on him is if he can translate to an NFL system, which really is impossible for any of us to know.

I'd like to throw him to the wolves because I think he's the type of kid that it would speed up his development, rather than others that would fold and start trending toward shell-shock.

Clarence wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:49 am 
Assistant Coach

Watson is gonna do it all at the combine.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/21/deshaun-watson-plans-to-do-everything-for-teams-at-the-combine/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:10 pm 
MVP

I totally agree with him not participating in the Senior Bowl but, given this is the season for overthinking, does this hit his draft stock? Top prospects skip things because they can, this makes me feel a little bit that he can't.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:12 pm 
Mod

Watson has a lot to prove to the people that think he's not a top prospect, even though he's being told he won't make it out of the top 5.

He's the Browns top rated QB's (according to articles) and if he does well at the combine, the Bears might not get a chance at him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:23 pm 
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:
I totally agree with him not participating in the Senior Bowl but, given this is the season for overthinking, does this hit his draft stock? Top prospects skip things because they can, this makes me feel a little bit that he can't.

I've read that GMs and scouts know that the QB isn't familiar with throwing to these WRs at the combine, but what they want to see is a QB who isn't afraid of the challenge. I think Watson saying that he will do everything will just add to the lure that follows this kid around.

I keep hearing Pace's comments "a player who elevates his program". Clemson hadn't beaten South Carolina in 5-6 years, and this kid plays on a torn ACL to ensure that they win. They haven't (hadn't) won a National Title since 1981 and he proceeds to end that drought as well.

I get the Tebow arguments (awfully lazy IMO), but this kid does a hell of a lot more in throwing the football. Can he become a true pocket passer? I don't know, he tends to bail pretty early when his first read isn't there, but how much of that is on the offense, too? I would expect an adjustment period, but really this offense should be tailored to what Watson does well. Let him throw on the move, sprinkle in some zone-read concepts for him, some run-pass options, and see where this thing goes.

Clarence wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:39 pm 
Mod

I don't get the Tebow comp at all. Tebow looked like he was throwing from a rocking chair.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:44 pm 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
I don't get the Tebow comp at all. Tebow looked like he was throwing from a rocking chair.

I don't get it either, honestly.

"leader" "winner" "I don't know how to evaluate players so I just follow buzz words"

That's my guess :lol:

Clarence wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 40  Next