3MC Post Combine Big Board

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I figured I would get this out now before I get to bogged down in real life. The final one should come out a week or two before the draft.

3MC 2017 Big Board
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I added a second sheet to the board with the top draftable prospects by position.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Thanks for sharing man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xyt in the discord chats
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

very nice, thanks man :)
Adipost
MVP

Wow, nice job man. I'm surprised by how low you have Peppers ranked.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Very nice. Do you really rank Reddick that high? That's the highest I've seen him ranked anywhere honestly.
Never Die Easy
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:Very nice. Do you really rank Reddick that high? That's the highest I've seen him ranked anywhere honestly.
Its a collaboration grade. He scored very high in the athletic metric. 133" BJ will do that. He is generally ranked in the top 15 in all outlets. I have him in the top 15 with my personal grade. I assume he will drop a tad when I get to add Greg Gabriel's grades, and others finish up their pro days. He is legit though, I really like him.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Cool. Nice work, man.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Middleguard
MVP

Two questions:
I believe (mainly from what you wrote last year) that I understand your positional rankings. But because you don't rate all positions in exactly the same way, how do you integrate the different positions into the bigboard without bias?
Will you post a note here if you revise the spreadsheet?
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Well originally I just made the athletic metrics based off force and movement. Then I added a positional score looking at greats at each opposition. I am going to probably rework them eventually. I have been looking at using potential energy. However I won't have them reworked this year.

Originally I didn't want them standardized. Kind of how sparQ scores are not. That way dudes like von Miller are more highly rated. However I think I may end up with doing that to get rid of the athletic discrepancies. The highest athletic scores go to edge rushers, and offensive linemen score the least. At the high end of each it is about a point. Realistically you get a edge guy at 6'4" 260lbs who runs a 4.5 jumps 10' and 37", he should score off the charts.

Now the athletic metric score equals up to approximately 12.5 points. Then I have the scouting grades, my grade up to 9, Matt Miller up to 7.5, cbs up to 8, nfl.com up to 7.5, Tony pauline up to 5. Maxing out at 37 scouting points plus 12.5 athletic points. The total is divide by 6 for the final grade. So that slight discrepancy can be a wash in the end.

I am almost done with the final board. Finishing up data entry. I actually was messing with it today as in the posted document you can see. Its not finalized or properly organized. Those scores are off.

Next year I will have 3 years of data so hopefully I can work out that point. I could do a weighted system, I don't know. My system did line up similarly with sparQ, but mau not take the right things into account for positional groups, as the metric is the same for everyone. I understand things but I am not smart so this is the best I can do right now.

Spelling grammar and logical thought be damned. Falling asleep typing.