55%
Pick Garrett
45%
Pick somebody else
No votes

Total votes: 20
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

The first 2 picks in the draft have been made and Trubisky and Fournette are now off the board. That leaves Myles Garrett there for the taking.

The phone rings and it's Tennessee. They want the #3 pick in return for their 2 #1s, picks 5 and 18.

What do you do?
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I'm generally a fan of trading down, particularly this year with the way our team is constituted. But Garrett is a S-T-U-D. I'll take Garrett.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Nanky
Journeyman

I said take the trade, then select Adams or Hooker with #5. With #18 look at one of the remaining top QBs or one of the other many areas of need. I'd like to say take Garrett, but there are some red flags and the Bears are really lacking talent on the roster and 2 1st round picks would be awesome!
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Garrett's clearly the best prospect in the draft, but in my view he's not better than a #5 and #18 could be. Additionally, I'm still guaranteed to get one of my top 3 players, since neither Trubisky and Fournette are on that list. I take that trade and run.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
wab
Mod

Take Garrett, but this isn't a realistic scenario.
wab
Mod

Take Garrett, but this isn't a realistic scenario.
G08
Hall of Famer

I'd take Garrett, but I believe this scenario to not be realistic.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote:Take Garrett, but this isn't a realistic scenario.
You always got to be a Debbie downer, huh?
G08
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote:
You spelled 'realist' incorrectly...
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

alexwilkins wrote:
Well it isn't. There's nothing Debbie Downer about it.

I don't deal in Madden scenarios.
Middleguard
MVP

Take the trade. Then trade the #5 down if I can.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:

How can that be when you answered his hypothetical? Why respond at all if it's that beneath you?
wab
Mod

alexwilkins wrote:
wab wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:

How can that be when you answered his hypothetical? Why respond at all if it's that beneath you?
What good does this hypothetical question do? A hypothetical question should at least be based in realism. I mean, hypothetically I could run into Kate Upton at Starbucks, and hypothetically she could give me a blowie in the bathroom. But it's not going to happen and doesn't really do me any good to think about it.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
wab wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:

What good does this hypothetical question do? A hypothetical question should at least be based in realism. I mean, hypothetically I could run into Kate Upton at Starbucks, and hypothetically she could give me a blowie in the bathroom. But it's not going to happen and doesn't really do me any good to think about it.
Yes I would, but this isn't realistic because Starbucks is garbage and I wouldn't set foot in there.
britbear
Player of the Month

Ok, so I'd take the deal. With #5 I'd take Watson (cannot see him being available at #18, there are just too many QB needy teams). Then I'd go BPA at #18, be that S, CB or WR.
Take a look at Brad Biggs' latest Q&A at http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, especially the 2nd, 3rd and 4th questions where he makes a LOT of sense.
"Mike Glennon’s contract makes it clear the Bears are not real committed to him beyond 2017. Let me be very clear that I am not doubting Glennon right now and suggesting he won’t pan out for the Bears. But it’s a projection by the organization and I don’t see how the Bears can put all of their eggs in one basket with Glennon. If he doesn’t perform well and the Bears do not have a young quarterback on the roster that shows real promise, I think there is a good chance a lot of offices at Halas Hall could be cleaned out. That’s just my take. The Bears need some cover when it comes to Glennon and I’m not talking about Mark Sanchez. I maintain quarterback remains their greatest need until you know and George McCaskey knows and everyone else knows the franchise’s long troubling question has been solved. The Bears waited too long to move on from Jay Cutler, a fact backed up by the reality that he remains a free agent, and they can’t do anything but make this position their No. 1 priority."
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

I never like trading down. Besides, the last time the Bears traded down their 1st round pick they got Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman. I'd take Garrett in a heartbeat.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I mean, hypothetically I could run into Kate Upton at Starbucks, and hypothetically she could give me a blowie in the bathroom. But it's not going to happen and doesn't really do me any good to think about it.
What the fuck is wrong with you. Its great to think about, day dream, fantasize. I think about this ever 5 seconds. In fact found a signature gif.

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I said take Garrett. Studs like him don't come around too often and if you have an opportunity to take him, you do. Pairing him with Floyd would be very entertaining to watch. Again this is a hypothetical, an unrealistic one at that and I don't see this happening at all. But stranger things have happened. Maybe Garrett's Dad will hijack his Twitter account and show him smoking some weed with a gas mask a few hours before the draft, you just never know.
Never Die Easy
wab
Mod

I wanted to formally apologize for blowing this scenario off as improbable. Although highly unlikely, Respected folks in the media are saying that there is a scenario that would leave Garrett on the board at #3.

So. Mikefive...my apologies.

You can find me at Starbucks where I'll be waiting for Kate Upton.
mshu7
Pro Bowler

I'd take a bevy of picks for Garrett and finish the rebuild a little faster.
-Shu
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I wanted to formally apologize for blowing this scenario off as improbable. Although highly unlikely, Respected folks in the media are saying that there is a scenario that would leave Garrett on the board at #3.

Accepted. :evilgrin:

And good luck with that. :-P

thunderspirit
Head Coach

Mikefive wrote:
wab wrote:I wanted to formally apologize for blowing this scenario off as improbable. Although highly unlikely, Respected folks in the media are saying that there is a scenario that would leave Garrett on the board at #3.

Accepted. :evilgrin:

And good luck with that. :-P
She called, wab.
Her message was, "Nothing or no-one will ever / Make me let you down / Kiss them for me -- I may be delayed / Kiss them for me -- if I am delayed."
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked: