View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:06 am 
Player of the Month

Reputation point: -1
Next update: End of season

Round 1: Quenton Nelson - OG, Notre Dame
I think Jordan Morgan will play an Eric Kush-“swing guard” type role next year. I also think Josh Sitton will be traded by the start of next season. Teams were calling about him before the deadline. I think he wasn’t dealt then because 1) we had no depth and Pace didn’t want to get Mitchell killed 2) there’s a team option at the end of the year. With teams interested, they can pick up his option, and get something for him in return.

Should that happen, Quenton Nelson happens to be the best lineman in the draft. A dominant run blocker, he’s no slouch in the pass game. Putting Nelson with Long, Whitehair, and even Leno would not only be an effective line, but it would put another young body in the lineup. Keeping pressure out of Mitchell's face, and opening lanes for Jordan and Tarik.

Previous pick:Bradley Chubb - DE, North Carolina State

Round 2: Duke Ejiofor - DE, Wake Forest
The Bears have a lot of talented edge-rushers under contract, however, almost all of them are hurt. In addition to coming off the edge, Duke Ejiofor has some versatility to him. He’s quick, but he’s got good size. 6’4” and 275lbs. Put him at linebacker, base end, or 5-tech. Coming off 24 career sacks, he’s a talent we could use. LaMarr Houston is back, but a free agent in the spring. Pernell can’t stay healthy. Willie Young may or may not stay. Ejiofor would be a nice addition here.

Previous pick:Steve Ishmael - WR, Syracuse

Round 4: Steve Ishmael - WR, Syracuse
High ends routes, hands, and deep ball vision. He's added weight to his frame this year, and he's playing monster games thus far. Even against Power 5 schools like LSU, NC State, and Florida State. He’s also surpassed Hall of Famer Marvin Harrison to become Syracuse’s all-time leading receiver. He could go a lot sooner.

Previous pick:Darren Carrington II - WR, Utah

Round 4: Darius Leonard - ILB South Carolina State
Ryan Pace loves him some mid-round small school guys, and Darius Leonard could be the cream of the crop. 124 tackles and 3 sacks earned him MEAC Defensive Player of the Year as a Junior. As a Senior he won the award again totaling 114 tackles, 8 sacks, and 2 picks. With size being a huge factor in his ending up in the FCS, he’s got plenty now at 6’3” 235lbs. He wasn’t playing elite offenses, but he could still go much earlier.

Previous pick:Darius Phillips - CB, Western Michigan

Round 5: CeCe Jefferson - DE, Florida
I'm a Gators guy. I know CeCe Jefferson has never lit up the stat sheets. I have seen him play a lot, though. He's much more disruptive than his numbers might indicate. He was a 5-star recruit. Coming off his best season as a Junior, he posted 47 tackles. 13.5 for loss. 4.5 sacks.

If you watch his tape, you'll eventually see him line up at all four spots on the defensive line. Ironically, he'll be a linebacker should he end up here. At a school-measured 6'1", it's probably where he'll end up anyway. Line him up off-tackle, and watch him work.

Previous pick:Dimitri Flowers - FB, Oklahoma

Round 6: Will Richardson - OT, North Carolina State
Some off the field issues, but he's a legit right tackle. 6'6" 320lbs. Two-year starter. All-ACC second team this year.

Previous pick:Draper Riley - DL, Southern Miss

UDFA
Mike White QB Western Kentucky
Larry Rose III RB New Mexico State
Thomas Owens WR Florida International

Last edited by alexwilkins on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:37 am 
Rookie

Reputation point: 0
My only issue with this is that the offensive line needs to be addressed a bit more in the draft. Sitton getting up there in age, Kush coming off the injury, Grasu is awful, Morgan is a wild card, and Long is an injury concern going forward imo.

I know it's not a sexy pick, but the idea of Quenton Nelson in the first round isn't that bad of an idea to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:37 am 
Head Coach

Reputation point: 22
Yeah IMO we need some ol. I know we IR Morgan but we could probably look to upgrade massie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:05 am 
Mod

Reputation point: 136
Astoundingly, Massie has been our best lineman this year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:17 am 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 107
I'm hoping we lose out, secure a top 2 or 3 pick, and fleece some QB-needy team of alllll their draft picks.

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

In that Flipmode

Clarence wrote:
Ps G08 is a moran [ :thumbsup: ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:04 pm 
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
I'm hoping we lose out, secure a top 2 or 3 pick, and fleece some QB-needy team of alllll their draft picks.

This would be ideal. Any team have multiple 1s this year that needs a QB?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:15 pm 
Hall of Famer

Reputation point: 107
bearsfaninaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

I believe Buffalo...

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

In that Flipmode

Clarence wrote:
Ps G08 is a moran [ :thumbsup: ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:29 pm 
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

I believe Buffalo...

Maybe that's why they played Peterman yesterday? See if they need to start scouting QBs?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:51 pm 
Rookie

Reputation point: 0
Buffalo has the #21 and #26 picks in the first round. They also have the #21 and #28 in the second round.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:31 pm 
Head Coach

Guess it all depends who picks before us and who they draft. I'm assuming 49ers won't go QB. Browns who knows what they'll do.