Bears Barroom - collection of mock draft picks

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

http://bearsbarroom.com/nfl-mock-drafts-bears-1-0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks better linked.
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

it's tough for me to get into these mocks until i see how free agency pans out. i'd like to think that we'll hold on to the current cb's so we don't need to waste our 1st or 2nd rounder on one of them.
wab
Mod

As of right now, today, the Bears need - in order

Corner
Wide Receiver
Pass Rusher
Guard
Tackle
5 Tech
Kicker
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:As of right now, today, the Bears need - in order

Corner
Wide Receiver
Pass Rusher
Guard
Tackle
5 Tech
Kicker
I might flip guard and tackle there but I'd basically agree.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Here's my prioritized list of Bears needs...

1. CB
2a. WR
2b. Edge
3. CB
4. 5T
5. PK
6. OG

My method highly prioritizes spots without legitimate starters. Thus, OT drops off the list and PK moves up. Starter ages and position priority also factor in. I'm also making cut assumptions like McPhee. For me, WR and Edge are about equal needs. While we clearly need a #1 WR, it's a lower priority position than Edge which also has an age concern with Young.

I think a very interesting question, assuming we bring back Kyle Fuller (or Amukamara, for that matter) is... Would you prioritize upgrading Robertson-Harris or Bullard at 5T over upgrading Cooper at the #2 CB spot?

(Can FA get here already, please? We all know with oodles of cap room, many of these questions will be answered that way, for better or worse.)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
wab
Mod

Mikefive wrote:Here's my prioritized list of Bears needs...

1. CB
2a. WR
2b. Edge
3. CB
4. 5T
5. PK
6. OG

My method highly prioritizes spots without legitimate starters. Thus, OT drops off the list and PK moves up. Starter ages and position priority also factor in. I'm also making cut assumptions like McPhee. For me, WR and Edge are about equal needs. While we clearly need a #1 WR, it's a lower priority position than Edge which also has an age concern with Young.

I think a very interesting question, assuming we bring back Kyle Fuller (or Amukamara, for that matter) is... Would you prioritize upgrading Robertson-Harris or Bullard at 5T over upgrading Cooper at the #2 CB spot?

(Can FA get here already, please? We all know with oodles of cap room, many of these questions will be answered that way, for better or worse.)
If the Bears bring back one of the corners, pass rusher jumps to the top and flip/flops with CB on my list.