QB Prospect Discussion: Mitchy Mitchy Mitchyy Trubisky, UNC

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

@TomRock_Newsday
1m
From LIA lunch: Peyton said @Mtrubisky10 called for advice on declaring for draft vs staying @UNC. "I could kinda tell he wanted to stay."
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Mitchell Trubisky 'solid, not spectacular' in throwing session

take it for what its worth ... as usual, different scouts saw things different ways I'd imagine
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
SC Bear
Journeyman

Trubisky Pro- Day-From Great Blue North
Chicago sent a party of 3 including National Scouting Director Mark Sadowski. In contrast the Bears sent a full delegation of senior exec's to last week's Clemson pro day to see Deshaun Watson. However, the top decision makers for all these teams will eventually get up close and personal with Trubisky as Cleveland, San Francisco, Chicago, and the Jets have all scheduled private workouts with him later this month or early in April as have Arizona and Kansas City.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

So are there any odds on if Pace selects Trubisky because he looks like he could be his little brother?

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

we all look the same to you, dont we
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

RustyTrombone wrote:we all look the same to you, dont we
Sorry, Russ, didn't realize that you were a square head white guy, too... didn't mean any offense...
malk
Head Coach

Hate his interviewing. Just saw NFL Network's Game Changers and his interview with Mooch and whiteboard work was really uninspiring. Seems overawed and raw whilst lacking a real drive. Just seems happy to be here.

Kizer looked much better, I still don't want him, certainly not high.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:Hate his interviewing. Just saw NFL Network's Game Changers and his interview with Mooch and whiteboard work was really uninspiring. Seems overawed and raw whilst lacking a real drive. Just seems happy to be here.

Talent wise I think he is a 1st round QB. I think he displays good mechanics, poise, accuracy, arm strength, build, field vision, etc. None of those are "great" but good. He is a well rounded prospect but does nothing spectacular. You could make the argument one year starting gives him the most room for improvement.

Then I watch his interviews and read about the dude. I just don't think he has what it takes. I think he could again be good. I just think he may teeter on that ledge for a while if he has a good team around him.
malk
Head Coach

mmmc_35 wrote:
malk wrote:Hate his interviewing. Just saw NFL Network's Game Changers and his interview with Mooch and whiteboard work was really uninspiring. Seems overawed and raw whilst lacking a real drive. Just seems happy to be here.

Talent wise I think he is a 1st round QB. I think he displays good mechanics, poise, accuracy, arm strength, build, field vision, etc. None of those are "great" but good. He is a well rounded prospect but does nothing spectacular. You could make the argument one year starting gives him the most room for improvement.

Then I watch his interviews and read about the dude. I just don't think he has what it takes. I think he could again be good. I just think he may teeter on that ledge for a while if he has a good team around him.
The interviews I've seen are pretty good. There's an outside chance he somehow dug a hole he didn't have the humility to climb out of at ND. Probably not but perhaps (though wab won't agree!).

Its more his game, I don't like his accuracy and he doesn't pass my eye test. Shouldn't have left college.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Adipost
MVP

This is all rumors and could be BS. So I'm hearing a lot of rumors about Trubisky being the guy for the Bears at #3. It all started when the Carolina/San Fran trade talks surfaced. It was rumored that the Bears were not interested in a trade down because they were set on Trubisky. Then a dude who said he's connected with Trubisky's high school coach swears the Bears have massive interest in him. Then Freeman comes out with a story about a scout who says the Bears have declined all proposals to trade out of the #3 pick. Now Greg Gabriel says he thinks the Bears may be eyeing a QB at #3.
UOK
Site Admin

Adipost wrote:This is all rumors and could be BS. So I'm hearing a lot of rumors about Trubisky being the guy for the Bears at #3. It all started when the Carolina/San Fran trade talks surfaced. It was rumored that the Bears were not interested in a trade down because they were set on Trubisky. Then a dude who said he's connected with Trubisky's high school coach swears the Bears have massive interest in him. Then Freeman comes out with a story about a scout who says the Bears have declined all proposals to trade out of the #3 pick. Now Greg Gabriel says he thinks the Bears may be eyeing a QB at #3.
1. Bears have been rumored to be in on Trubisky as far back as late last year
2. GMs around the NFL are blasting smokescreens every which way right now
3. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they took him
4. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they didn't
Adipost
MVP

It just seems like the Bears have been almost purposely distancing themselves from Trubisky.
UOK
Site Admin

Adipost wrote:It just seems like the Bears have been almost purposely distancing themselves from Trubisky.
No, I totally get what you're saying. I didn't intend to come off as dismissive or anything like that, I'm just saying it's a hard time of your to buy heavily into any information because GMs are trying very hard to diffuse their strategies.
wab
Mod

Well his name is Bearsy.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote:Well his name is Bearsy.

"...sausage...polish sausage...ditka..."

malk
Head Coach

Well, that's confirmed it for me then :P

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:Trubisky is growing on me.

this should work regardless of where the growth is

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

@ChrisTrapasso
1h
Source close to situation told me "#Bears have shown the most interest it Mitchell Trubisky." If #Browns want him, they have to pick him @ 1

@ChrisTrapasso
Insinuation was that #49ers don't like Trubisky enough to pick him @ 2. If #Browns don't draft him @ 1 source expects #Bears to pick him @ 3
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:@ChrisTrapasso
1h
Source close to situation told me "#Bears have shown the most interest it Mitchell Trubisky." If #Browns want him, they have to pick him @ 1

@ChrisTrapasso
Insinuation was that #49ers don't like Trubisky enough to pick him @ 2. If #Browns don't draft him @ 1 source expects #Bears to pick him @ 3

Unconvinced on this one, too (albeit not 100% certain, like with Watson).

I think it's more likely that the Bears are trying to con CLE that they can't trade back up from 12 for Trubisky (so they have to take him at 1, possibly allowing Garrett to fall).
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
malk
Head Coach

Moriarty wrote:
UOK wrote:@ChrisTrapasso
1h

@ChrisTrapasso

Unconvinced on this one, too (albeit not 100% certain, like with Watson).

I think it's more likely that the Bears are trying to con CLE that they can't trade back up from 12 for Trubisky (so they have to take him at 1, possibly allowing Garrett to fall).
Sounds about right, Pace continuing to be good in the draft, compounding my confusion about his ability in free agency.

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Mitch Tribusky: #Bears did NOT bring me in for private interview https://t.co/qeZynvc7yQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adipost
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:Mitch Tribusky: #Bears did NOT bring me in for private interview https://t.co/qeZynvc7yQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It looks like even Mitchell Trubisky is in on the smokescreen...

Also on Monday, North Carolina QB Mitchell Trubisky confirmed on The Dan Patrick Show that the Bears were one of five teams to conduct a private workout with him. Others to work out Trubisky were the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers and Buffalo Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-with-mahomes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:Mitch Tribusky: #Bears did NOT bring me in for private interview https://t.co/qeZynvc7yQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It looks like even Mitchell Trubisky is in on the smokescreen...

Also on Monday, North Carolina QB Mitchell Trubisky confirmed on The Dan Patrick Show that the Bears were one of five teams to conduct a private workout with him. Others to work out Trubisky were the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers and Buffalo Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-with-mahomes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interview and workouts are completely different things... the Bears did travel to Chapel Hill to put him through a private workout... they did not bring him to Chicago for a private interview... notice the difference...
G08
Hall of Famer

It's time, kid...
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

G08 wrote:
NFL Draft Bites

Rumors swirling Mitch Trubisky is Bears guy. John Fox making 'All I need is a QB' pitch to ownership clearly. Throwing Cutler under the bus.
Looking back at this thread is funny now. This "rumor" from 11/22/16 was pretty fucking spot on though. Nice find G08.
Never Die Easy
Adipost
MVP

DaSuperfan wrote:
G08 wrote:
NFL Draft Bites

Rumors swirling Mitch Trubisky is Bears guy. John Fox making 'All I need is a QB' pitch to ownership clearly. Throwing Cutler under the bus.
Looking back at this thread is funny now. This "rumor" from 11/22/16 was pretty fucking spot on though. Nice find G08.
I really doubt John Fox was calling for a 1st round QB.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Adipost wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:
G08 wrote:
NFL Draft Bites

Well, I was talking about the comment that "Mitch Trubisky is Bears guy".
Never Die Easy
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:
G08 wrote:
NFL Draft Bites

Does anybody think that the drafting of Biscuit was a first sign indicator that Fox was going to get fired? I can see why that would be so.